Thread: samsung galaxy note9

Thanks

Default samsung galaxy note9

Is it just me or is it that phone manufacturers have worked out so many people are morons and will
    pay $1800 for a phone. To me it is a joke frk me over a grand for a phone that is superseded
    with in a few years i cant justify it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    Is it just me or is it that phone manufacturers have worked out so many people are morons and will
    pay $1800 for a phone.
    You nailed it!
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

$1800 is the top of the line model with 512gb of memory. It also allows a 512gb memory card as well, making it the first phone to allow a terrabyte in storage.

The Note 8 64gb retailed at $1499 when it came out. The Note 9 128gb retails at $1499. So in effect, the price is exactly the same as it was on the last model with a lot more features (and memory). Most people will buy the 128gb, the 512/512 option will appeal to high end users and those that think the government steals all their files from the cloud and need to carry their entire photo and music collection around.

Apple are the media darlings and nothing much gets said about the fact that the iPhone X is $1829 in Australia, and that only has 256 gb.

I must be a moron, I am considering getting the Note 9. I don't piss my money up against a tree or set fire to it (and my lungs while getting cancer), so even if I paid $1800 for the top model I would still be thousands in front. I don't own a stand alone camera and purchase my phones very much with camera ability as a top requirement. I don't see the point in buying a camera that's outdated by technology as soon as I buy it - I lease a top of the line phone with the best camera and when a better camera comes out I upgrade. I know quite a few people with "yesterdays SLR" that they paid 3k + for which never gets used......mainly because its huge and you are only going to use it if you deliberately take it with you. On the other hand, my camera is in my pocket and I can use it when I want.

My (purchased) Note 5 is still in use, my wife has it from when I last upgraded.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I love the Galaxy note. Had a Note1, got wife a Note 2. I don't upgrade phones unless there is a need. My Note 1 finally got pensioned off when I managed to destroy the screen.By then the Note 4 was having battery issues, so ended up with an S7 which I still have. When I eventually replace my phone, I may seriously consider the Note, again.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

for half the price - if I wanted an android, would be the Oppo R15 Pro at the moment

but Samsung will spend millions and the all the people of the of the world will want one........
    iPhone marketing juggernaut are just awesome at it too and all the other people of the world will want one........

the difference between the 2017 & 2018 note is just the memory, different colours and bigger battery, which you would expect

It does seem a waste that most Telco's seem to only think that these devices have a 2 year life span, if looked after they should last for ever. I purchased an iPhone 7plus reasonably close to its Australian 2016 release date and only changed the battery and has been going strong ever since - and will change the battery again and expect another couple of years out of it.

I think in 2017 they reached the ceiling of the current technology - and apart from memory which has doubled, not much has changed

f
    有段者

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I think leasing a phone is dead money. Hand it back to Telstra after 2 yrs? Can't believe people fall for this.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

All phones will be outdated when 5G is rolled out. Not so far away as testing has already been done in New Zealand.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Thanks

Big note fan. Originally Note 4, then note 7 (aargh, what a cluster) now Note 8. I'm really enjoying it, it's a great phone.

I didn't fall for the 'must have it the day it's released' trick this time and got the Note 8 quite a while after it came out, I played JB Hifi off against Harvey Norman and got a new note 8 for $1100. They made a mistake, I shouldn't have been able to buy it that cheap. One of the staff members stuffed up and the lady at the register just pushed the sale through. Got to have a win sometimes!

It's a great phone. Had to get an Oreo update just to turn off HD calling as it was leaving gaps in my conversations of 10-15 seconds every minute or so which was really annoying. Pre-Oreo you couldn't turn the HD calling off and it was very frustrating.

I buy all my handsets outright and use Aldi mobile. Was on their $35 a month XL plan until yesterday when I decided to purchased the $99 for a whole year Aldi super pack. It has only 1 gig a month but I don't use much mobile data (only in the car), mainly home wifi so a gig a month will do me. My wife works for Telstra and pays $55 a month still on her old Galaxy S5 plan. I went back again yesterday and got her the $99 super pack as well as she works from home and hardly leaves the house. She hardly ever uses mobile data.

Those savings alone on both handset pre-paid plans will help when I go 5G down the track with my next handset.
    Member since 2004, so much good info missing.