Thread: Ford au2 seat belt replacement or repair.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Ford au2 seat belt replacement or repair.

Hiya all. I'm needing a driver's side seat belt webbing replacement I've checked googs for company on or near the Cental Coast NSW but as friggin usual comes up with everything else but. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
    PS. would the BA belt fit?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I can tell you that both the Driver and Passenger belts in my AU are shorter than the BA is (Son has a BA)and the previous model Ford the AU replaced.
    Be careful fiddling with the belts as there is an explosive charge under the seat that when triggered, pulls the belt in to hold you more firmly in the seat.
    Have a good look under the seat and check out the wiring there.

I looked to replace mine a couple of years ago thinking it was getting a bit tatty and I cant remember where now (ebay?) but I think they wanted $90~100 for one.

Because the AU is more than 10 years old now, we may have the devils own job replacing them !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

hogwort (11-08-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

My local wreakers have some tho their action & webbing we're not much better than mine. Anyone know if it's legal to purchase 2nd hand in NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I can tell you that both the Driver and Passenger belts in my AU are shorter than the BA is (Son has a BA)and the previous model Ford the AU replaced.
    Be careful fiddling with the belts as there is an explosive charge under the seat that when triggered, pulls the belt in to hold you more firmly in the seat.
    Have a good look under the seat and check out the wiring there.

I looked to replace mine a couple of years ago thinking it was getting a bit tatty and I cant remember where now (ebay?) but I think they wanted $90~100 for one.

Because the AU is more than 10 years old now, we may have the devils own job replacing them !!!

Premium Member

Thanks

I always thought the wreckers were obliged to cut any belts in a damaged car and not sell them in 'working' order.
    The risk is of course buying one that is damaged but if you cant get a replacement, what choice do we have?

I was wondering if either rear belt would fit? Be a better option as they dont get used as near as often as the front belts do.
    Ford MIGHT have done with the Belts the same as they did with one of their models that suffered from Door handle breakages and charged more for the Drivers side than any other until someone found out, the handle on the Passenger Rear door fitted the Drivers side !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

hogwort (11-08-18)

Thanks

Try Autobarn, hope one is near you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to joezep For This Useful Post:

hogwort (11-08-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yeah had that happen to Land cruiser RH taillight. Bloody double the price
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I always thought the wreckers were obliged to cut any belts in a damaged car and not sell them in 'working' order.
    The risk is of course buying one that is damaged but if you cant get a replacement, what choice do we have?

I was wondering if either rear belt would fit? Be a better option as they dont get used as near as often as the front belts do.
    Ford MIGHT have done with the Belts the same as they did with one of their models that suffered from Door handle breakages and charged more for the Drivers side than any other until someone found out, the handle on the Passenger Rear door fitted the Drivers side !!!

Premium Member
    Thanks

according to this au ba bf all the same

• The Following User Says Thank You to dai For This Useful Post:

hogwort (12-08-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

They may well be and its the placement/seats that make it seem like the AU belts arent as long as the BA.

I can see I was WAY out with the price of new belt.............sorry about that.