Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are they doing to our Wildlife

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default What are they doing to our Wildlife

Well the last few weeks have been busy for our family as we have been caring for more Native wildlife. Now the Government does not help us OHHH No they also slug us with fees $$$ just to do the right thing for these Animal they they dont give a shit about.

For the Moment we only car for Magpies either sick, Young or Magpie Eggs. We also care for Noisy Minors (not the Indian Minors) yes that Horrible Smart birds that are native to this country and we also car from the Egg for Rainbow Lorikeet
    At the moment we have had a EXPLOSION of bids sent to use because of all the Clearing of bush land going on. We Either get young birds or eggs as as soon as the trees are dropped or the one that don't die there and as soon as this happens the RSPCA is called out and rescue all birds or eggs from the Nest and care for them until they contact the Carers.
    We Have incubators to hatch the eggs that have gone cold, we have a Room for the Sick and young birds to raise them.
    Out of all the Birds:
    One in twenty Magpies will never be able to be released because of issues or in one case a Bird that has been so attach to use that he can never been released. The other Magpie we was given has a Defect in birth but she has a right to live in our cage for Magpie. Yes it cost me over $2000 to build and has Running water, Feds for pressure Cleaning and in the Outer of the Concrete it has a Drained Grass area. Other Magpies hate Us even at young so this can tell you all birs are not the same the same goes for Noisy Minors and Rainbow Lorikeets.
    One in fifty Noisy minor will attract to a person and this person and will be his mate and this minor bird will hound you to be with you non stop. The same goes for Rainbow Lorikeets as one in 10 will never be released to the wild as does not care how you distance from them they only want you. Yes we have a lori they is attached to my daughter as this Bird will not let her alone.

As for the Eggs Hummm we will find out soon as when the Birds hatch the first thing they see is us but I expect the same in percentages to happens or maybe less.

We have purchase another incubators just for the Eggs and they work very good.

6 days after hatching. Yes three in there.

Out of the three (closest) is 4 days older as only one has survived. the others died in the egg.

This one is 3 weeks old is is very grumpy. If we get any youg Rainbow Lorikeets we isolate them from other from the Eggs as they might have Beak and Feather disease. If so (we Test them and gets tested again before they are put down humanity )they will be take to either Steve Irwin Park or other to get them euthanized. This is mainly fir Rainbow Lorikeets as they trying to stop the disease from spreading to other birds.

This Lorri is the one and only Bird that we will keeping as this bird is like human. It unbelievable how this bird reacts with us.

The same goes for the Maggie. this is one of the twenty that have attach to us and cannot be released. He has his big cage with another maggie and at night he always call us in the evening because he want to come into our house and play and fly around the house. Plus whenever we have a shower most of the time in Summer he flys in the bathroom and jumps on my shoulder and shows with me. LOL.

The Maggie always sit or better still squats on me when I walk around.

You might wonder what do you do when the birds SHI.T. That's all taken care of. Also we have other birds that live in the House in there big cages that are big enouth to put a 5 foot person in it so we have plenty of fun in the house including my wife African Grey that can speak over 300 word and knows at least 15 sentences of at least 10 words and this bird know where and when to say them. swears like a trouper if you upset her. I blame my son for this.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-08-18 at 05:58 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

dashinson (13-08-18),gamve (27-09-18),george65 (13-08-18),Godzilla (19-08-18),gulliver (15-08-18),Keith (14-08-18),loanrangiel (15-08-18),lsemmens (14-08-18),vnboost (27-09-18)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Good on you for doing what you do and the time, effort and money you put into protecting these Birds. Exactly the type of thing that the gubbermint should take care of here rather than giving money to other lost cause Countries.

I have a Native tree I take good care of outside my office window. It attracts a lot of native birds like the Noisy minors, the lorrekeets, King parrots which are amazing and a lot of smaller parrots.
    I could not do what you do, I'm pissweak when it comes to amimals. I found a couple of abandoned lorrikeets summer before last. One died pretty quick but the other I had for a while. I bought a bigger cage for him and he would squeeze out and crash land on the floor then walk out the laundry where I kept him and waddle around the house.
    Fisrt time I shit myself because I wondered what all the cats were looking at bemused with their tilted heads under the dining room table. He didn't seem phased at all by them and they were just Curious who this latest addition to the zoo was.

I had to put smaller mest round his cage to keep him in. He seemed to be doing quite well then all the sudden I found him hanging upside down on his perch. I took him out the cage and he died in my hands.
    Don't mind admitting I cried and for a couple of days. Dunno about them attaching to humans but I attached to him. I had already planned how I was going to do a vid when I got to let him go back to the wild.

I also found a Kooka in the pool that same summer. I think he sat on the half pool noodle and sank it and got too wet to fly. Put him in one of the cat transport cages and dug him up all the worms he could fill himself with. Next day I opened the cage to clean it and he just took off and went straight into our tree and sat there laughing. I used to see one in that tree a bit after that and I'm sure it was him.

As for those Indian Minors, I would personal fund myself with the job of shooting as many of the things as I could 6 days a week. Filthy creatures that get everywhere you don't want them and cover everything in a meter of shit.

I did used to shoot them as a kid with a slug gun. They used to get into My grandmothers beloved Fig tree and destroy all the fruit. Other birds weren't a problem but those things. Then they would crap all over the washing. I should have been a more responsible Citizen and shot a heap more of the things. I remember knocking over more than 100 one summer holidays but it made no difference. They were always around in the same number and there was never a target shortage. For every one I shot at least 10 would fly off and there were never any less of them.
    I can only imagine the destruction and toll they take on our native birds and their habitats.

Again thanks for what you do. It cannot be at all easy but people like you have my ultimate respect as unsung heros and REAL environmentalists looking after the world we live in.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (15-08-18),lsemmens (14-08-18),Mr 672A (14-08-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    As for those Indian Minors, I would personal fund myself with the job of shooting as many of the things as I could 6 days a week. Filthy creatures that get everywhere you don't want them and cover everything in a meter of shit.
    As for the Indian minors they a Australian biggest bird pest and they are coming to Queensland by the droves. When I first came to QLD there was none but now I see more and more. If any of us gets any Indian Minors we have to take them to a few places like Australian Zoo Sunshine Coast and other and they put them down IMMEDIATELY!!

We have Different people that care and specialize for others Animals like Possums, Kookaburras, and many others native animals and most of them are Women or Pensioners. I know two lady that care for our Native Animals and they are only on the Pension and they look after a MAX of 20 Animals each, Well put it this way 20 birds don't know about the other animals but I think its the same otherwise you will have to get another License and that cost $$$$$$. The Government in QLD is full of Shit and instead of helping us they hinder us.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-08-18)

Thanks

As for those Indian Minors,
    The the strangest thing that I ever spotted was.
    In the Sydney Days. One day whist waiting to catch a bus one Indian minor chasing a bug got barreled by a car so what happen next. The second minor came to rescue the first bird and SPLAT!!, the second bird that came to rescue the two birds on the road , SPLAT again, so on, so on, and so on. Unbelievable what I witness. At least 16 to 18 dead Indian Minor birds on the Road. All this happened in 10 minutes.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

The AU Government is retarded at the best of time, but sometimes its a whole new level of BS.

We had a wonderful man in our town (Electronics and TV Repairer), he was also the local animal refuge guy.
    His house and land always had native animals in it, that he would look after, Kangaroo's, Wallabies, Birds, etc

This was the case for as long as i could remember, at least 50+ years
    Over that time, laws had changed, etc etc

Yet he preceded the laws, no one honestly gave it a second thought, he was the man, always had been, always would be.
    Then some new young university flog in Wildlife got wind of him....
    Instead of coming to him and seeing what could be organised for him to continue his work.
    He was set upon, told he would get multiple fines because he doesn't hold the correct certification, etc.

Obviously at this point, the Government had totally lost sight of "Animal Welfare" as its first priority.

Never mind the 50 years of caring for sick and injured animals, lets just fine him.
    Nor the amazing good will and fascination with international tourists that would stop for a photo with the kangaroos on his front lawn.

The brainless clones in those jobs wouldn't have common sense to be able to think for themselves.
    Robots is all they are. Mindless robots. All sponging off our hard work and risk taking to pay their wages.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 14-08-18 at 11:20 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-08-18),DB44 (16-08-18),enf (14-08-18),george65 (15-08-18),Guiseppe (14-08-18),hinekadon (14-08-18),lsemmens (14-08-18),Mr 672A (14-08-18),VroomVroom (27-09-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Politicians.......university educated, self absorbed toffs who have no concept of the real world.

These are advised by

Advisors.........university educated, self absorbed toffs who have no concept of the real world.

And their directives are acted upon by

Young Public Service Do Gooders............university educated, self absorbed toffs who have no concept of the real world.

The end result ends up doing absolutely nothing to solve the problems at hand. Wildlife care is just one small example of a larger malaise.

Sigh! First against the wall.........
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-08-18),DB44 (16-08-18),hinekadon (14-08-18),Mr 672A (14-08-18),ol' boy (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

A few years back, I was about to build a new shed in the back yard. To do so, I had to remove a very large scribbly gum, that would have been right in the middle of the slab. Before chopping down the tree, I had to wait till a pair of baby lorikeets were fully fledged, and old enough to leave the nest to go out on their own. Well finally the birds were old enough, both had left, and the parents seemed to have left as well.

The first limb that had to be removed, was a huge low lying branch with the hollow where the lorikeets had previously nested. So we listened down the hollow for any noise, hadn't seen any birds there for about two weeks, and I even banged the branch from the base up, with a lump of water pipe, just to scare out anything else that may be in there.

All seemed OK, so I cranked up the chainsaw. My daughter, then about 16, came running out to make sure that we had checked that no birds were in residence, so I assured her there were no birds in the hollow. She stood there as I started the first cut through the 450mm branch. When i got about 2/3 of the way through the branch, there was this huge spray of blood and guts and feathers that came out of the cut. Unfortunately one of the parents had returned, but had crawled right down near the base, about 2M from the entry.

My daughter was devastated by this, and even now at the age of 37, every so often it will come up in conversation. "Hey dad, remember when you cut that lorikeet in half with the chainsaw" :-(

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (14-08-18),lsemmens (14-08-18),Mr 672A (14-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    He was set upon, told he would get multiple fines because he doesn't hold the correct certification, etc.
    Only last week my wife was told that she would get a fine if she had more than 20 birds so when I got involved it become a Heated argument. and they said to us if you have more than 20 birds and you cannot find a REGISTERED Carer for Birds the birds will have to be put down. FOR FU.Ck sake!!
    Whats happening now is there is so many tree clearing around Ipswich QLD and the breeding season has started and the lot of us are unendated (cany spell it, google wont fix it blame the stroke) with birds so what is happening RSPCA I think Wacol is getting the small baby birds and they dont know what to do with them.

hinekadon (14-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post

My daughter was devastated by this, and even now at the age of 37, every so often it will come up in conversation. "Hey dad, remember when you cut that lorikeet in half with the chainsaw" :-(
    Specieist Murderer!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (14-08-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Take all the "extra" birds in to the office of said "ex-spurt" and dump them on his desk and say "YOU find a home for them"! If every carer did that, they might just get the hint.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (14-08-18),Mr 672A (14-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Put 21 birds on HIS desk and ask him if he has a f*cking carers certificate....

Thanks

More deliveries today

2 X bird cages for young Lorikeets.

1 X Egg Brooder that can be used also for young Bird as incubator because the young birds have a issue surviving cold night. Also we have microwave oven with plenty of heat packs. The incubator needs to be put together as the shelves are still in the box also the Egg side of things is still in the box as the egg section rotates the eggs. Interesting!.
    You can program Temp and Humidity with a container with water. This is a bigger one that we have as we can use this for young Eclectus Parrots that have a habit of dieing over night.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (14-08-18),lsemmens (14-08-18)

Thanks

To much red tape to be a bird carer. Its ridiculous the hoops you have to jump over.

hinekadon (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Then some new young university flog in Wildlife got wind of him....
    Instead of coming to him and seeing what could be organised for him to continue his work.
    Robots is all they are. Mindless robots. All sponging off our hard work and risk taking to pay their wages.
    Only last week my wife was told that she would get a fine if she had more than 20 birds so when I got involved it become a Heated argument. and they said to us if you have more than 20 birds and you cannot find a REGISTERED Carer for Birds the birds will have to be put down. FOR FU.Ck sake!!
    This sort of brain dead arrogance dissolves any and all my patience instantly. Makes me go from calm to Violent in 60 sec when they want to be stuck up, impudent arsewipes.

These days it's all about revenue. They invent licenses and certifications just to make easy money. When it comes to putting the welfare of animals and people at risk like this, these regulations that serve no purpose other than revenue raising and keeping people in a job polishing a seat with their arses that try to enforce these morally bankrupt extortions need to be kicked to the ground and stomped on.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

60 seconds? Gee, you ARE calm and controlled.

Thanks

These days it's all about revenue.
    Yes you are right, can't be anything else or the mucho attitude that if you do this you get a fine and if you do that you get a fine and the inspectors have a right to march into you house at anytime.
    All the 4 one week old baby lorikeets sleep in there incubator for the last two night and in the morning we lower the temp a little so they can go back into their plastic picnicked boxes. Yes these different color picnicked boxes are the favorite of all small animal carers because they are the right size different colors to distinguish between different animals, easy to open easy to clean and they are around $15 and you can get them on any cheap shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

To answer the original question I'd say the same thing they are doing to people.

According to the Australian (:

“I need clarification on consensual sex with an animal. Is the suggestion of consent for an animal one cluck for yes, or two clucks for no?”
    Last edited by DB44; 16-08-18 at 05:40 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by db44 View Post
    to answer the original question i'd say the same thing they are doing to people.

according to the australian (:

“i need clarification on consensual sex with an animal. Is the suggestion of consent for an animal one cluck for yes, or two clucks for no?”
    paywalled!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    paywalled!
    Sorry. I didn't realise the Herald Sun link was behind a paywall as I don't subscribe and could access it. I think News publication give a limited number of free articles over some time period. I had thought I had found a workaround but unfortunately not.

The article is drawing attention to a new Greens candidate who published an article years ago in a student newspaper arguing that humans having consensual sex with animals, whilst abhorrent to many, should not be illegal.

The Australian link simply quoted Pauline Hanson's quite logical question.
    Last edited by DB44; 17-08-18 at 11:06 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (17-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realise the Herald Sun link was behind a paywall as I don't subscribe and could access it. I think News publication give a limited number of free articles over some time period. I had thought I had found a workaround but unfortunately not.

The article is drawing attention to a new Greens candidate who published an article years ago in a student newspaper arguing that humans having consensual sex with animals, whilst abhorrent to many, should not be illegal.

The Australian link simply quoted Pauline Hanson's quite logical question.
    From The Telegraph....

NSW Greens candidate who once advocated bestiality now says he was just joking
    CHRIS HARRIS, The Daily Telegraph
    August 14, 2018 6:52am
    Subscriber only

A NSW Greens candidate who once advocated changing the law to allow humans to have “consensual sex with animals” now says he was just joking.

Tom Raue, who won Greens preselection for the inner Sydney seat of Summer Hill last week, authored a bizarre column in favour of bestiality in a student newspaper in 2012.

He wrote: “To breed racing horses, we force stallions to rape mares. When we allow all of this, why is consensual sex with animals considered so heinous that it must be illegal? Why is it taboo to even talk about it?

“Yes most Australians find it disgusting, but that is not a good enough reason to legislate against it. Consensual sex with an animal should not be illegal, no matter how distasteful it may seem.”
    The Greens said they were proud to have Mr Raue as a candidate

But Mr Raue told The Daily Telegraph this week he was just trying to be funny and the article in Sydney University magazine Honi Soit was a response to then Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi suggesting gay marriage could lead to bestiality.

“The article is clearly a joke — if it’s not funny then that’s why I haven’t pursued a career in comedy,” he said

“It was making fun of ultraconservatives like Cory Bernardi claiming that equal marriage is a slippery slope towards bestiality, which is a ridiculous position that still seems to be held by the people taking this article seriously.”

The article cited the logic of eminent Australian philosopher Peter Singer and drew distinctions between child molestation and bestiality.

“For Singer, any activity which is harmful to an animal should be banned, and anything that is not harmful should be permitted. There is a movement to allow consensual sex between humans and animals, and hopefully we will see more of this in the media in years to come.”
    Tom Raue won Greens preselection for the inner Sydney seat of Summer Hill last week

Self described “public nuisance” Mr Raue has been a Greens member for the past seven years and previously worked for Upper House MP David Shoebridge.

The Greens won 39.5 per cent of the two-party preferred vote in Summer Hill in the 2015 state election, but the seat went to Labor.

A party spokesman said the article was “an ironic response” to Senator Bernardi’s claims about the achievement of Marriage Equality being a slippery slope towards bestiality.

The Greens said they were proud to have Mr Raue as a candidate and pointed out he had also written an article advocating necrophilia. “It’s even more entertaining!,” the spokesman said.
    From The Australian....bwahahahahaha. I'm not a Hanson fan, but this is rather good IMO.

In an almost welcome break from the other stuff going on in Parliament House yesterday, Australian Conservatives senator Cory Bernardi gave notice of a motion that was, quite frankly, a multilayered trove of troubling treasure. Among them this: “Tom Raue, recently preselected as the NSW Greens candidate for the inner Sydney seat of Summer Hill, once wrote in a student newspaper column, ‘Why is consensual sex with animals considered so heinous that it must be illegal? Why is it taboo to even talk about it? Yes, most Australians find it disgusting, but that is not a good enough reason to legislate against it. Consensual sex with an animal should not be illegal, no matter how distasteful it may seem.’ ” Bernardi took a dim view of all this, of course, but it was Pauline Hanson who zeroed in on one of the less immediately obvious problems. “Mr President,” she began, “can I seek clarification from Senator Bernardi on an element of this notice of motion?” Senate President Scott Ryan began his faltering, reticent journey towards granting permission with an “um …”. Thus released, Hanson got under way and uttered a sentence that will now be accessible in Hansard until that day billions of years down the track when our sun expands in its death throes and consumes the planet. And that sentence is this: “I need clarification on consensual sex with an animal. Is the suggestion of consent for an animal one cluck for yes, or two clucks for no?” It was delivered perfectly deadpan, which is a whole lot harder than it looks. As the actress said to the chicken.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-08-18),hinekadon (17-08-18),lsemmens (17-08-18)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast