Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are they doing to our Wildlife

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Animal welfare is disgusting in this country. We euthanise hundreds of thousands of cats and dogs each year, which is a national disgrace on its own. Gumtree type breeders should be banned and all professional breeders should be licenced and registered with the government with strict maximum breeding numbers for females. Pet ownership should be a privilege, not a right and you should pay a licence for it after sitting a test on how to care for your pet. Those deliberately killing or torturing animals should serve jail time, this where next years muderers come from.

Good work Mr 672A.

With the extreme summers we are having, I would encourage people to put out a container of water for animals. You would be surprised how many animals drink from it a day.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (19-08-18),gulliver (21-08-18),Mr 672A (17-08-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Animal welfare is disgusting in this country. We euthanise hundreds of thousands of cats and dogs each year, which is a national disgrace on its own. Gumtree type breeders should be banned and all professional breeders should be licenced and registered with the government with strict maximum breeding numbers for females. Pet ownership should be a privilege, not a right and you should pay a licence for it after sitting a test on how to care for your pet. Those deliberately killing or torturing animals should serve jail time, this where next years muderers come from.

Good work Mr 672A.

With the extreme summers we are having, I would encourage people to put out a container of water for animals.
    When our storm seasons start after a big storm or a storm with high winds if possible we also go around our forest not far where we live and you will be surprise what we find on the ground. We always go full covered, with good Cloves, at least two Picnic boxes and some tools "eg" side cutters.
    Not long a ago we found Kookaburra on the ground and he or she was struggling to breath so we grab the bird and took it home quickly as the bird would not last more than 20 min like this so at home where we have some good medical tools and after we opened the birds beak when looked down his or her throat and we saw (using a high powered LED torch) something that should not be there so we grabs the special super long skinny tweezers stuck down the throat and dragged a part of a plastic bag out. After this the Bird was ok so we waited 2 days, Fed the Kooka and let go where we for the bird.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

gulliver (21-08-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Good stuff mate, more people should take the time to look after what we have. Every year because of our ridiculous "Big Country" policy that both sides of politics have, we have less land for wildlife and we are increasingly forcing wildlife off arable land and in to desert.

This country is going to be screwed in the future unless we find a brave political party that is prepared to come up with a plan for minimal growth. As it stands, this country operates on huge growth, importing migrants and building millions of houses.

Anyway, I am off to feed my 3 wild magpies who come and sit on me and eat. I get some pretty strange looks from neighbours when I whistle and command birds out of the sky

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (19-08-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

For once, Pauline Pantsdown has uttered a sentence that does not require a "Please Explain?". I never thought I'd agree with her.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-08-18),hinekadon (17-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    For once, Pauline Pantsdown has uttered a sentence that does not require a "Please Explain?". I never thought I'd agree with her.
    She is certainly due for credit on this one. She actually has some reasonable points but lacks judgement and is often her own worst enemy.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-08-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Anyway, I am off to feed my 3 wild magpies who come and sit on me and eat. I get some pretty strange looks from neighbours when I whistle and command birds out of the sky
    Yeah! that what I like to see. Magpies are smart as when they get use to you they will sing at your window or even the front door calling you for something to eat.
    During the breeding season which is now when the magpies have there young with limited food around they will bring the young to your door. Funny this is to watch mummy and daddy outside the your door and have the babies just behind then.

Most people today fed Magpies mince meat which today is a NO NO because some mince (poor quality) meat carries (forgot and my daughter and wife are out, its something like process meat no good but carries some bacteria ) that causes THROAT WORMS and after a time the worms kill the bird. Yes we saw a video on this at a compulsory getting you wildlife license. If you have bird with these worm (LOOKING DOWN the throat with a bright torch) you must use a long skinny tweezers and get as many as you out then then put the bird in a small cage and give the bird clean water with Moxidectim ( drops) I read the bottle, to the right amount per ltr.

To feed magpie is CHEAP!

Go to Woolworth and buy a packet about 200 Gramms of CHICKEN HEART then put them in a meat grinder. Yes a box of Chicken hearts about 9X 4 inches. IMPORTANT Make sure you go through the chicken heart and get rid of the elastic type of muscle which will or can wrap around there tongue. If this ever happens you will see the bird in distress (shaking there head) and all you have to do is get that long tweezers out with that LED torch and you will find the elastic muscle wrapped around the magies tongue.

Chicken Hearts and Meal worms are a the best for magpies. Meal worm are purchased at some produce stores and normally they come in 3 sizes
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 18-08-18 at 10:01 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (19-08-18)

Thanks

Just a Update on the 3 5 days old feather Rainbow Lorikeets I showed you before they are fully feathered now. The Photo belows showed the three of them with another that we got last night + a Scaly Brested Lorikeet. The 4th Lorikeet show weeks ago is in The Fledgling Cage. The furthest is the Scaly Brested Lorikeet

Photo Below

Photo Showing a blue Face Honey eater

Photo Showing a baby Magpie that was found Starving with no parent to feed him or her. Found running in a park. Can't believe it We had to shove the first piece of Chicken heart in his/her beak and after this when the Maggie tasted it, it was beak open from then.

Photo Showing a Austrian Minor

Photo showing a Friar Bird in the Yellow Box, The Blue box has another specie of Friar Bird. they were nearly asleep what I took the Photo of them. These Birds are very fiesta and when you feed them they get extremely excited.

All the Bird Carer's in Brisbane are running at Full capacity and its not October yet and we have not had a Storm.

We also was asked,,,,, "Do you mind if you look after this Snake? Yes it was a 2M injured Python Snake".
    we SAID NO!!!
    it was taken by another carer that care in reptiles.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 26-09-18 at 05:22 PM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-09-18),hinekadon (26-09-18),mtv (26-09-18),william10 (26-09-18)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12