Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foxtel launches a 4K channel

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by typan View Post
    Great we can watch reruns and adds in 4K now
    Most will be upscalled low bit rate 1080P

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Is that $150 on top of what your paying now or just to upgrade IQ3 to IQ4 once only $150?
    It all a rip off. I seen real 4k over Satellite and Foxtel 4K will never ever be that good as. They have a hide to say that some of the channels are in HD yes HD, its the worst HD on a 75 inch Sony I ever seen. It migh look good on a 45 inch Tv but on on a 75 inch quality TV

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-09-18)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Is that $150 on top of what your paying now or just to upgrade IQ3 to IQ4 once only $150?
    It's a once only fee.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Very likely a 'Oncer' but I would NOT be surprised to see an increase per month for the use of the new channel.
    I had a recent failure of a STB and it had to be replaced and when the monthly account came around, they wanted payment for me self installing it which I had no intention of doing.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

just a one off for the new box i did not have to pay when the iq3 was upgraded the premium package just went up $2 a month
    Last edited by dai; 29-08-18 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks

what happened when they launched 3d that went well

• The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Doctor For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (17-09-18)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

The first event to be televised in 4K on the new Foxtel 4K channel will be the Bathurst 1000, first weekend in October.

The Bathurst 1000 will make Australian sports broadcasting history this year by becoming the first event to be televised in 4K resolution.

As part of Foxtel's push into the 4K market, the Great Race will be the first sporting event to be available on the pay TV service's dedicated 4K channel.

According to Supercars CEO Sean Seamer, the race will be the perfect fit to debut the highest definition coverage possible in the country.
    “We are proud to be able to deliver the Bathurst coverage through this innovative partnership with Foxtel to bring the best technology available in the world right now,” Seamer said.

“With the support of Foxtel and Fox Sports we have trialled the cameras at the last two Supercars events and as recently as the Sandown 500 on the weekend. The pictures are extraordinary.
    “Supercars is a sport of colour, sound and movement. The cars, the action, the colour and the event will be captured like never before in 4K. We couldn’t be any more excited.”

The 4K coverage will come thanks to 30 dedicated 4K cameras, which will deliver pictures with four-times the detail as High Definition.
    “When we announced Foxtel in 4K a month ago we and Supercars challenged ourselves to bring it to life as soon as possible, and after an incredible amount of work we are delighted to pull forward the launch by a month and bring Australians Bathurst like never before," added Foxtel CEO Patrick Delaney.
    "It’s fitting that we will ring in a new era in Australian television with an event as big and iconic as the action at Mount Panorama."
    The 4K coverage will be available to anyone with a Sports HD package and above, as well as the required set-top box and a 4K-capable TV.
    Foxtel subscribers without 4K capability will still be able to see ad-free HD coverage through Fox Sports, while the dedicated Bathurst pop-up channel is also set to return to Fox Sports on October 1.
    The race will also be available on free-to-air TV through Network 10.

From Foxtel's website:

Thursday 4 Oct; Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - Day 1
    FOX SPORTS 506

Friday 5 Oct; Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - Day 2
    FOX SPORTS 506

Saturday 6 Oct; Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - Day 3
    FOX SPORTS 506

Sunday 7 Oct; Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - Day 4
    FOX SPORTS 506 / Channel 444

So 7th of October is the date!!!
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-09-18 at 10:31 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

mtv (04-10-18)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Foxtel have initiated the 4K channel 444, it is now broadcasting a teaser loop in 4K for testing purposes, first live event is Sunday Bathurst 1000.
    Cheers, Tiny

Premium Member

Thanks

Who remembers the Phillips Colour TV ad in the 70's where it showed a Sail Boat in Black and White and then unfurling the spiniker that changed in full Colour???
    Funnily enough unless you had a Colour TV, the spiniker was STILL in Black and White !!!

That along with a demo for 'Super' VHS I think it was where Sony/Sanyo had a split screen on a normal CRT type TV and claimed one side was boringly normal but the other was in super dooper clarity (definition we would call it today).

I aint got a 4K TV and not changing to an IQ anything unless its done as a replacement/system update.
    Maybe one day I will learn how to ignore those channels I am not interested in.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks

The Race is Done and Won, who saw it in 4K and what is your opinion of it???

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12