Thread: Which CCTV Camera?

Thanks

Default Which CCTV Camera?

Advice please, which CCTV camera? Would like one that connects to my home network, has SD Card / External drive rather than a large box. Would also like it to be IFTTT (or similar) so when my garage door opens and IFTTT tells me so...the CCTV camera takes a snap shot and sends me an email - is this too much to ask?

Thanks

Paul

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Nothings too much to ask, how big your budget is is more the point.

Realistically you could do the above with the el cheapo IP cameras I bought to monitor my parrots while I am away.

I thought they would be pretty shit for the money, I was quite surprised. Takes an SD card, image quality is reasonably good and motion detection works well.

A quality CCTV system will have a DVR box with an internal Hard drive and multiple cameras and will be 4 figures and up.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I bought a set of WiFi home Camera's thinking they would be easier to install as I am not familiar with using cabling but soon came to realise I had not given any thought of where the power was to come from for the camera's.
    Each Camera comes with about a metre of low voltage (5V) lead attached to a 240V plug pack. (There is a connector in the lead 100 mm from the camera to allow it to be unplugged if needs be) but of course, where I want to put one camera, there is no 240V outlet close by............
    There are numerous options, I just havent decided yet on what to do.
    The recording SD card is in the Monitor rather than the camera which makes it easier to access.

So matter what you choose, look to where you want it and how to power it up!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• 17-05-20, 04:37 AM

• 17-05-20, 04:40 AM