Thread: Mobile phone/ Wifi problem.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Mobile phone/ Wifi problem.

I have 2 Samsung mobiles, a Mini and a J1 (6) and I had connected both to my router to use the Data on the computer rather than on the phone but its stopped working.
    By that I mean I can connect to the router as the Wifi icon shows on the screen but if if I try to access a site say like B.O.M, it takes the devils own time to open but when it does, the info on the site can be more than 24 hours old.
    Also it may tell me I have a 'Unstable' connection when the Router and Phone are not 2 metres apart !!
    This problem is happening on both phones.
    I have tried this with both phones turned ON or one only turned on, I have reset the Modem, sometimes that clears the problem, other times it doesnt.
    I note on the phone screen when the WiFi logo comes on, the 4G logo disappears, not enough space to show both maybe or is that indicative of a problem ?

I have also turned 'Bluetooth' Off, but that hasnt changed anything.

I just wanted to save the Data allowance that comes with the Monthly use for when I am out and use up some of that from the ISP while I am at home.

Any ideas and suggestions as to what is going on?

I only have the Computer and a Printer connected to the Router by Wireless and the Printer is turned off so I cant see I am overusing the router..

The Router is a Netgear28, AC1600 WiFi/VDSL/ADSL/ Modem Router, model D6400, now between 12 and 18 months old.
    The Unit is attached to an NBN SkyMuster Satellite Tx/Rx..

ps/ a search of 'available networks' usually comes up as NONE.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Have you tried resetting the router to default?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I hate fiddling with Router/Modem settings because every time I do something goes doolaly and with me not knowing what the hell I am doing, takes ages for everything to settle down.
    Obviously I have turned the Router On/Off which I have to do at least 3 times a week because all of a sudden, I just stop 'surfing' the Net despite all the lights and indicators showing everything is normal.
    I have mentioned this to my ISP and all I get out of them is to 'Take 2 Aspirins and Dont call me at 10am tomorrow'.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!