Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kogan 55" Smart HDR 4K LED TV (Series 8 MU8010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philquad View Post
    mines a 43 THats probly why
    only difference is size

i thought it was pretty self explanatory, dont #### up like me and crack the led screen
    Yeah with a HUGE inference that it was a Kogan TV and not your own set and another brand.

Sorry it happened to you. Should have bought a Kogan.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Did ours on the kitchen table, I wasnt getting down on my hands and knees for no bloody TV no matter how how God Like its treated..........
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Finally it is all up and running.

Very simple to set up and the only faults were my fat fingers putting in the WiFi p/w and not looking to scan again the networks in range before reattempting to re do it. The other silly user stuff up was finding the TV's antenna in plug hole due to sight and recovering from a broken arm. Once found all the rest was a breeze.

Very easy and heartily suggest one gets in quick and buys one at the pre sale price which ends at Midnight.

Picture quality surprised me and was not let down with it through DTV or going through my Topfield 2600 PVR

YouTube
    was great but still getting used to how one pauses and rewinds it without losing the Bookmark. Or it was at Midnight after the football. Fantastic seeing my Vietnam and local videos full screen and in such quality. Not far down the track might try doing a 4K video.

Freeview was good but it will take a bit of practise to easily navigate it. Loved using my laptop on the old TV and being easily able to navigate SBS and ABC. Yes it will just be a hopefully a short term to get it all to be done second nature.

Screencast yet to be tried and will have a go today. Any recommended apps?

NETFLIX It comes with a free one month subscription to it but haven't bothered to activate it. There is too much to choose from using Freeview and with the many hours I have recorded on my Topfield PVR who needs more?

Any feedback gratefully accepted.

The Manual...

My old Kogan 46" was sold and went last night so I had better like this Smart TV Well at this early stage I do and would recommend it. Picture quality, price and features make it well worth buying. I would imagine other size Kogan Series 8 MU8010 sets would be as good.

LOVE IT!

Last edited by sail; 07-09-18 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add NETFLIX

Thanks

Two weeks down the track and no problems with it after learning to navigate and it not being compatible to my Google Home mini.

Visited a friend for the first time this year as he had been laid up with throat cancer but is finally on the mend. We were out of verbal contact and his wife researched and bought a beaut new TV and sound bar. I saw LG on the sound bar and asked what the 65" TV was but little did he know.

It turned out to be an LG but what model no idea. It must be a top one as she only gets the best and researches everything. (His words) Plus after two techs and over three hours installing it wall mounted there was no change out of $9,000 The old Plasma it replaced had cost much more many years earlier.

Point to all this is the picture quality through his Topfield PVR HDMI2) was as good as my Toppy through my Kogan (LG Panel) Smart TV.(HDMI1) Although when on DVT his picture quality was slightly better in my opinion but not outstandingly so.

Recommend this set but be aware you cannot use Google Home on it. BUGGER!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post

Point to all this is the picture quality through his Topfield PVR HDMI2) was as good as my Toppy through my Kogan (LG Panel) Smart TV.(HDMI1) Although when on DVT his picture quality was slightly better in my opinion but not outstandingly so.
    Solved the difference in PQ. In DTV I had PICTURE set to SPORT and in HDMI 1 I had it set to USER. Which is something I had tweaked a little.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    If it were Android, id buy one
    Linux is great, just a lot harder to add different streaming apps
    Have a look at model.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (07-10-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post
    Have a look at model.
    Thanks mate
    I got a 32" Samsung Series 7 for $200 (s/hand)
    But that is very appealing for a Workshop TV
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

A correction to an earlier post I made. You CAN use a Google Chromecast with this set.

On a final note I can say this set is turning out better than expected. Last night I finally turned off NETFLIX and was about to turn off Nine HD but paused for a second too long. The picture quality blew my mind and had to finish watching the current program. It was running through my old Topfield PVR and surplussed the picture I used to receive on my old Kogan HD TV using the same PVR. Unbelievable!

The back up service I have received from Kogan's after sales re setting up old then a new sound bar and some getting to know items made this purchase a good decision.

Enough of my raving and happy to answer any questions/doubts you may have.

PS: The pre sale price is back.

Thanks

Just noticed it is presently sold out but with this in the meantime at $599...

Kogan 58" Smart HDR 4K LED TV (Series 8 LU8010)

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

mkhannah (10-10-18)

Thanks

Just noticed it is presently sold out
    ITS BACK AT $559 AND NOW WITH FREE SHIPPING!

Grab one and you won't look back.

Thanks

Now at $539 + Del

Must say the TV never ceases to amaze me and friends visiting. Fantastic PQ

PS: Borrowed a Chromecast Ultra and hooked it up to HDMI 2 and made this Smart TV even smarter.
    Read: Saves this old fart learning how to load new apps. Would recommend this Chromecast for any HD TV if not having a Smart TV. Makes them all SMART IMHO

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

william10 (13-04-19)

Thanks

Now at $539 + Del

Must say the TV never ceases to amaze me and friends visiting. Fantastic PQ

PS: Borrowed a Chromecast Ultra and hooked it up to HDMI 2 and made this Smart TV even smarter.
    Read: Saves this old fart learning how to load new apps. Would recommend this Chromecast for any HD TV if not having a Smart TV. Makes them all SMART IMHO

Further on using the Google Chromecast Ultra with this TV.

I signed up for the free two week trial of Kayo and watched the Chinese F1 along with a multitude of other sports such as golf, AFL, Super Cars etc.

BUT! The World championships of darts from Liverpool blew me away. LOL Not just the quality of the dart playing but the Picture quality of this set was mind blowing to say the least.

The only negative with this so so cheap to buy set is the useless Freeview and the difficulty of installing apps for a novice like me. Although the gifted Chromecast solved those concerns. 👍

I say useless Freeview is that in searching for an SBS program called "Chefs" it failed to find it. No problem searching SBS On Demand on my laptop or on the TV using Chromecast. 😉

PQ on the sets tuner and through my Topfield PVR once you set up the colour is still hard to believe how good it is. Oh and via streaming.🙌

Any questions I am happy to try and answer.

Cheers 🎞😄

Thanks

PQ on the sets tuner and through my Topfield PVR once you set up the colour is still hard to believe how good it is. Oh and via streaming.🙌

Any questions I am happy to try and answer.

Cheers 🎞😄
    Update: Through this thread of mine I realised we have had this Kogan 55" Smart TV since August 2018 and not had a single problem with it.

Housemate and I still comment to each other on the PQ it has and can't believe it to be so brilliant.

LOL The only whinge I have had lately is that it is so good I cannot justify upgrading to a bigger 65" Android Smart TV with inbuilt Google Chrome. Besides I have all of those with separate items. Just not 65"

Thanks

What current models have the same/better performance?
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post
    What current models have the same/better performance?
    Sorry for the late reply but have just had a friend contact me with positive reviews about this model they have bought.
    BTW I still love my Kogan 55" as per this thread and have never had a single problem with it.

KOGAN 55" SMART TV
    Immerse yourself in vivid 4K Ultra HD resolution with HDR and built-in Chromecast and Google Assistant for faster, easier support for your favourite streaming services on this stunning 55” Smart Android TV™, featuring Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Audio™.

Cinematic immersion with Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Audio™