Thread: Iq4?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default Iq4?

I was half asleep....did I hear correctly?

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

If you have upgraded recently to iQ3, some call it a iQ3.5 because it looks different to the original iQ3, then you already have the iQ4 & a software upgrade will enable the 4k channel when it is ready.

You can read more at

If you have a box that looks like this then you have the iQ4.

FAQS

Who has the iQ4?
    In April, we started releasing the iQ3 updated model, which we have re-established as the iQ4. For the most part, those of you who have signed up or have opted for a Satellite iQ3 upgrade since then, have received this updated model.

How do I know if I have an iQ4?
    Between 15 - 21 August, we will release new software for those with the updated iQ3 model to re-establish the box as the iQ4, enabling 4K content to be delivered in the coming months. You will receive an email from us so you know you don’t have to do anything, your STB will automatically update. Once the software rollout is complete, you will notice the TV Guide states 4K and HD Channels, you will also see a Foxtel 4K Channel 444 (Coming Soon.)

What is the difference between the iQ3 and the iQ4?
    The only major difference between the iQ3 and the iQ4 is the ability to support the 4K channel. For the foreseeable future, we plan to advance both products with exciting new features at the same time.

Will the iQ4 still enable access to free-to-air channels?
    Yes, the iQ4 will still enable access to the free-to-air channels and just like Satellite iQ3, access to specific free-to-air broadcast channels varies based on location and can also vary for customers migrating from Cable to Satellite services.

Can you record on the iQ4?
    You will be able to record 4K programs. In order to be able to playback recorded 4K programs, you must ensure that your home setup supports Foxtel’s 4K UHD Standard.

Why is iQ4 only available for Satellite customers?
    In line with our plan to migrate our residential customers from the Cable network onto Satellite services by 2023, we have only developed the iQ4 model for Satellite customers.

Will there only be one 4K channel?
    Our 4K channel is just the first step in our rollout of 4K. It will feature a host of mixed-genre programming across sport, movies, documentaries and more. As more content becomes available, we’ll continue to expand our 4K offering.

Okay, so the Cricket is on Foxtel 4K, what about other sports?
    Foxtel’s dedicated 4K channel will feature live cricket in 4K from November. This will include Australian men’s international ODIs and T20 matches and every men’s Test match in Australia. A number of BBL matches will also be broadcast in 4K. We expect to add more live, 4K sports coverage in the future

How can I access Foxtel 4K, Channel 444?Satellite customers who subscribe to Sport + HD (both existing and legacy) or Platinum HD (and legacy Platinum and Platinum HD) will automatically gain the Foxtel 4K channel as part of their subscription. Alternatively, you can update your package to include Sport + HD or Platinum HD to access ALL content on Foxtel 4K Channel 444. Remember, you will also need iQ4, a compatible 4K TV and compatible HDMI 2.0 cable and must be a Satellite customer for full access – otherwise, an error/upgrade message will appear.

Will Foxtel also offer 4K content On Demand?
    Not at launch. 4K content will initially be delivered on our dedicated 4K channel. Foxtel is focusing on bringing the very best in live sports in 4K to Australia. That said, we’re also committed to increasing the breadth of 4K programming for customers and some of this content may end up On Demand in future.

Will Foxtel 4K be available for Foxtel Now customers?
    4K content will only be available to broadcast subscribers due to its delivery via Satellite. Foxtel Now customers can contact us about migrating to the broadcast service (where possible) to access Foxtel’s 4K content.

How can I check that my TV is 4K compatible?
    You can go to for a list of models from some manufacturers that fit our specifications. You can also check your TV manual for more details.
    TL;DR
    To have access to our 4K service you must have:

• Satellite iQ4
    • HDMI 2.0 cable (our cable has blue ends)
    • Subscribe to Sports + HD pack or Platinum HD pack
    • 4K compatible TV

Where do I get more information?Check out
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

ONE channel only which will cover Sports, Movies etc.
    At first I thought 'They' said it would be introduced in September, then I thought November but may its October??
    Reading Tiny's posting I gather for some there will be no additional charges but for others there will be.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Foxtel? Are they still around?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I've got Austar

Thanks

I heard the upgrade is free to an IQ4 or something at least.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nullb View Post
    This is very likely during the promotional period but the only way to be sure is to ring Foxtel and ask.................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nullb View Post
    Some have had free self install upgrade from iQ2 & iQ3 to iQ4, in the first week since it was announced.
    I have an iQ3 & a MystarHD, my account says $125 self install to upgrade either box, not sure whether that includes the extra $25 self install kit price.

Some on the Foxtel forum suggest calling Foxtel & bargaining, some have managed half price, $125+$25=$150/2 =$75.
    Some are being told Free upgrade was only for 5 days after announcement, now full price only.
    It has been suggested to call Foxtel on 131999 & ask for "Disconnect Foxtel" & see what they offer to keep you subscribed.
    Last edited by Tiny; 23-08-18 at 10:25 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

if you want a free upgrade just ring them and tell them your iq1,2or3 is has no picture or will not turn on
    go through the steps with them and at end will send you the new iq4 for free
    i did it twice with iq3 and have now done it once for an iq4