Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with EPG for Vu+ Solo2

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Those Harmony remote can be expensive. Sometimes I hate the Vu products as they doe there own thing and drive us MAD. works for one but the same image and other does not work for other.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kavakid View Post
    Gday guys, regarding the 7 day epg problem, my solo2 is running blackhole 2.1.5 and gets 7 day epg providing i have set CrossEPG to update daily using usb stick as storage. I use CoolTV Guide plugin which has the best 7 day gui i have ever seen. The version of blackhole seems to make no difference to the CroosEPG or Cool tv guide plugins operating ok.
    This should work

Thanks

Did you configure crossepg and download the 7 day guide to usb? Populate crossepg on the stick and it should share to the tv guide you use.
    Its Hell in the Tropics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kavakid View Post
    Did you configure crossepg and download the 7 day guide to usb? Populate crossepg on the stick and it should share to the tv guide you use.
    Nothing is easy on these boxes. I still use the standard Blackhole one on the Blackhole 3.0.5 ( i think my image is this, I forgot easy)

Thanks

Well, perhaps miracles sometimes happen because this morning, when I opened up the EPG on the Solo2 there was 7 days!!!

I have not specifically loaded up any plug ins or done anything else, but there you are - hopefully the end of that frustration.

And Logitech have been helping me out with problems re the IF codes on a Harmony One. I had to change the codes on the Solo2 to set 1 because the Duo2 was on set 2 and it was pretty hopeless having both responding to the same signals. But the Solo2 number 1 set was a mess on the Harmony one with quite a few buttons only responding to one but not repeated button presses or causing the cursor on screen to jump more than one position. "Learning" the codes achieved nix. But one by one Logitech have fixed it up with only one problem left for them to fix.

I'm impressed with the Logitech service, particularly in the light of me purchasing the Harmony One used. And it is an excellent universal remote - highly recommended. At one stage I looked at a replacement but there was nothing else that suited - I'm not interested in RF (yes I know it can be more useful) or controlling other items in the house and quite a few of the latest generation remotes lack the number buttons used to skip with the Vu+ units.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Well, perhaps miracles sometimes happen because this morning, when I opened up the EPG on the Solo2 there was 7 days!!!

I have not specifically loaded up any plug ins or done anything else, but there you are - hopefully the end of that frustration.

And Logitech have been helping me out with problems re the IF codes on a Harmony One. I had to change the codes on the Solo2 to set 1 because the Duo2 was on set 2 and it was pretty hopeless having both responding to the same signals. But the Solo2 number 1 set was a mess on the Harmony one with quite a few buttons only responding to one but not repeated button presses or causing the cursor on screen to jump more than one position. "Learning" the codes achieved nix. But one by one Logitech have fixed it up with only one problem left for them to fix.

I'm impressed with the Logitech service, particularly in the light of me purchasing the Harmony One used. And it is an excellent universal remote - highly recommended. At one stage I looked at a replacement but there was nothing else that suited - I'm not interested in RF (yes I know it can be more useful) or controlling other items in the house and quite a few of the latest generation remotes lack the number buttons used to skip with the Vu+ units.
    These Vu Sat boxes have a mind of there own. When it come to the Harmony Remotes I had a few of them but the latest I've had is the Best. I think it is the Harmony Touch or Harmony One Touch, or even the Harmony Ultimate one Touch but its the Best. Maybe there update the original one and stuck the ultimate or One in there but I allway called it the Harmony Touch. Anyhow Its the best as I said before I have the Max in Devices and 3 or 4 activities. (Too early in the Morning to Remember)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Which image?

Thanks

Sadly the miracle of 7 day EPG has again gone. It really bugs me because the Duo2, connected to the same service has exactly the same settings and gives 7 days of EPG. Maybe it is somehow influenced by the CAM and card (will only tune a single VAST channel - the card in the Duo will tune 8 but they must all be at the same broadcast frequency). I'll check that out with someone else I know who has a similar setup.

On the plus side the Harmony is now functioning correctly with the Solo 2 set to code 1 thanks to the persistent help of Logitech. I'm VERY impressed wiith their service.

Thanks

Red face Finally back to 7 day EPG

Dopwnloaded the latest VIX firmware and reinstalled an older back up -> 7 day EPG so it cannot be the card. Goodness knows if it will remain 7 days - I'll update in a week.

Thanks

Dopwnloaded the latest VIX firmware and reinstalled an older back up -> 7 day EPG so it cannot be the card. Goodness knows if it will remain 7 days - I'll update in a week.
    OK

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Tbut my old 83 year old brain dislikes having to go through yet another learning process.
    83 and FTPing and Editing Enigma2 on two 4K Vu+ boxes, i take my hat off to you sir!

After reading through this thread, all your issues could have been resolved, but as you say, it does take some research
    Some images are dead easy for 7 day epg (openATV is one)
    Others take a little more work

I have run BH for last 10 years, i agree, it can be a real prick with 7 day epg and picons.

Glad you got it running

P.S. There is some major bugs in BH 3.0.5, mostly these bugs become apparent on non 4K Vu+ products
    Loses network settinsg
    Loses 45000 SNR sat dish settings
    Sat Finder will green screen a non 4k box (due to new script written for 2X sat cards)
    Last edited by ol' boy; 11-10-18 at 10:36 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    83 and FTPing and Editing Enigma2 on two 4K Vu+ boxes, i take my hat off to you sir!

After reading through this thread, all your issues could have been resolved, but as you say, it does take some research
    Some images are dead easy for 7 day epg (openATV is one)
    Others take a little more work

I have run BH for last 10 years, i agree, it can be a real prick with 7 day epg and picons.

Glad you got it running

P.S. There is some major bugs in BH 3.0.5, mostly these bugs become apparent on non 4K Vu+ products
    Loses network settinsg
    Loses 45000 SNR sat dish settings
    Sat Finder will green screen a non 4k box (due to new script written for 2X sat cards)
    Sadly, the EPG days are slowly dropping off. I tried another factory reset and reinstalled the backup that had given 7 days before but it stopped at 5 days. Similar result for the latest backup that had shown 7 days at first. Very mysterfying.

I'll be away for a couple of weeks from Tues so will not bother with it any more until I return. I might try out something other than VIX although I rather like it apart from the EPG problem. I have not heard back from my contact who had the same card at one stage - he is a farmer in the drought so has more important things to worry about.

Thanks

Finally heard back from my contact with a similar setup and yes, it IS the fault of the card so I'm chasing moonbeams in any effort to get 7 day EPG. The other 8CH card in the DUO can manage a 7 day EPG but the single channel one in the Solo2 cannot. So, I'll have to live with that.

Thanks for the feedback guys, but it is now obvious nothing can be done.

Thanks

Finally heard back from my contact with a similar setup and yes, it IS the fault of the card so I'm chasing moonbeams in any effort to get 7 day EPG. The other 8CH card in the DUO can manage a 7 day EPG but the single channel one in the Solo2 cannot. So, I'll have to live with that.

Thanks for the feedback guys, but it is now obvious nothing can be done.
    After the I had my Heart attack I noticed that my memory was gone so thing like we do with these sats boxes I have many 64 Page EXERCISE book with on the cover VU DUO 2 or SKYBOX A1 or Vu Untimo 4k and without this I totally TRUCKED. Now After the Stroke I had not long ago it make me 200% worse to a point when I read something the something gets totally confused or I read something and when I put the book down I do something else. For me I have to be doing things Continually like FTP'd or using WEB IF or the magic numbers otherwise I'm lost

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12