Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Help with EPG for Vu+ Solo2

  1. #1
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Question Help with EPG for Vu+ Solo2

    Weird, I've either got a setting wrong or have accidentally imported a plug in that is causing only next 24 hours of EPG to be displayed rather than 7 days. I'm using the latest VIX sioftware and have posted on the VIX site but got no response.

    I have a Vu+ Duo2 and it does get the 7 day EPG. I'v compared settings and they appear to be the same on both receivers.

    Can anyone here give me a clue please?

    TIA
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Weird, I've either got a setting wrong or have accidentally imported a plug in that is causing only next 24 hours of EPG to be displayed rather than 7 days. I'm using the latest VIX sioftware and have posted on the VIX site but got no response.

    I have a Vu+ Duo2 and it does get the 7 day EPG. I'v compared settings and they appear to be the same on both receivers.

    Can anyone here give me a clue please?

    TIA
    You will find everyone in the Chat room.


    No doubt you dont use the same image on the duo2 and the Solo2.

    I had a similar issue with our duo2 and Ultimo 4K and I reflased it with Blackhole 3.0.5 and all was ok.
    Regarding with help on the VIX forum. The lot of them are the same There is no help or very,very very help on the Blackhole Community forum, Sat Uni or Linux forum anymore.The Admin and Mods on all sites want you to donate and after you donate that DONT HELP YOU. you would think it should Be the other way. I donated 50 Euro's on both site and after this they have NEVER answered my Question NOT ONE!!. Some say because the owners on VU product dont give back handers to the Admins and Mods on the forums anyhow FU.ck the lot of them.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #3
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    You will find everyone in the Chat room.


    No doubt you dont use the same image on the duo2 and the Solo2.

    I had a similar issue with our duo2 and Ultimo 4K and I reflased it with Blackhole 3.0.5 and all was ok.
    Regarding with help on the VIX forum. The lot of them are the same There is no help or very,very very help on the Blackhole Community forum, Sat Uni or Linux forum anymore.The Admin and Mods on all sites want you to donate and after you donate that DONT HELP YOU. you would think it should Be the other way. I donated 50 Euro's on both site and after this they have NEVER answered my Question NOT ONE!!. Some say because the owners on VU product dont give back handers to the Admins and Mods on the forums anyhow FU.ck the lot of them.
    Thanks for the tip. I even went to the trouble of Factory Reset and a complete new configuiration this afternoon, only to find the same situation.

    NBN was off most of the day so I missed your tip earlier. I'll try out Blackhole tomorow and report back. Thanks asgain.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #4
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I even went to the trouble of Factory Reset and a complete new configuiration this afternoon, only to find the same situation.

    NBN was off most of the day so I missed your tip earlier. I'll try out Blackhole tomorow and report back. Thanks asgain.
    Weird. I installed Blackole BUT it refused to see the CAM

    So, unable to see the problem, I reinstalled VIX, but this time reinstalled a much earlier saved file so actually did get back the full EPG after making suitable edits. Pretty obviously it was not the fault of VIX, just I had, at some time, inadvertently installed a rogue plug in that prevented anything more than a 24 hour ahead EPG. Looks like I'll never know what I did wrong.

    MORAL (for the Linux/PC challeged people like me): If it is working OK, leave it alone and do not think extra plug ins will help.

    POSTSCRIPT: And these Vu+ units seem very fussy about which USB sticks will work. I have over half a dozen but ony one seems to be recognised.
    Last edited by Tassie Devil; 23-08-18 at 10:03 AM.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #5
    Premium Member
    LeroyPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.E. Vic
    Posts
    15,753
    Thanks
    3,207
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Rep Power
    1446
    Reputation
    39011

    Default

    Thanks for the update. I have a solo SE V2 and couldn't get epg going with Pli. On Blackhole now and not entirely happy with it. I was under the impression this was the only image that worked so I'll try Vix when I have a moment.

    Cheers.

  • #6
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Don't you love these boxes. When you get one thing working the other that works before doesn't work. When use anything on any Vu 4K boxes all cams are picky but I think you solo is not 4k with ARM processor.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #7
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default No luck with Blackhole

    When I purchased the Duo2 last December from Vu+ UK I specified Blackhole but disliked it and have preferred VIX ever since. The Duo2 went well for awhile then somehow it got bricked. UK Vu eventually replied to my emails and I ended up returning the mother board to them.

    The run around after that was frustrating with UK ignoring my emails until I threatened to advertise their poor service. So a replacement MB was finally mailed, BUT to Austria!!! All contacts with the shippers, suggesating it was intended for AUSTRALIA met with sympathy but no action as VuUK had paid for Austria. It eventually got returned to the UK and finally landed here 6 months after the fauilty MB had been returned. That gets my award for the worst service I've ever encountered.

    OK, neither the Vu+ units nor VIX are perfect, but are about on a par, maybe a tad better than the opposition. Their greatest fascination lies with the computer literate who love to be able to personalise their toys with their own creations. Unfortunately that leaves users like me in the dark about the pros and cons of the various tweaks available and, as my experience demonstates, liable to make mistakes. So, from now on I'll leave it alone.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #8
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    When I purchased the Duo2 last December from Vu+ UK I specified Blackhole but disliked it and have preferred VIX ever since. The Duo2 went well for awhile then somehow it got bricked. UK Vu eventually replied to my emails and I ended up returning the mother board to them.

    The run around after that was frustrating with UK ignoring my emails until I threatened to advertise their poor service. So a replacement MB was finally mailed, BUT to Austria!!! All contacts with the shippers, suggesating it was intended for AUSTRALIA met with sympathy but no action as VuUK had paid for Austria. It eventually got returned to the UK and finally landed here 6 months after the fauilty MB had been returned. That gets my award for the worst service I've ever encountered.

    OK, neither the Vu+ units nor VIX are perfect, but are about on a par, maybe a tad better than the opposition. Their greatest fascination lies with the computer literate who love to be able to personalise their toys with their own creations. Unfortunately that leaves users like me in the dark about the pros and cons of the various tweaks available and, as my experience demonstates, liable to make mistakes. So, from now on I'll leave it alone.
    I got our Ultimo 4K from World of Satellites UK with no issues. Yes I try not to touch them specially after the stroke but I have the Ultimo 4K working good. I've only update/change the image once as I had to so it would work on autoroll. I spend a LOT of time adding stuff to the Ultimo 4k but mainly it was the LCD4Linux and I had to start from scratch. + I spent a lot of time making more PICONS. I spent a lot of time working out why when i change the XML file the setting in reception setting go mad and wrong. after 4 months I worked this out too. I had no help from no one on this.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #9
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Back here again with the same frustration. Without altering anything, it slowly reverted to only showing the next 24 hours of EPG.

    I've reinstalled VIX, tried out every skin available -> same result.

    Maybe I'll try Black hole once more as VIX appears a dead loss. I'll report back if I have any success.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #10
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Back here again with the same frustration. Without altering anything, it slowly reverted to only showing the next 24 hours of EPG.

    I've reinstalled VIX, tried out every skin available -> same result.

    Maybe I'll try Black hole once more as VIX appears a dead loss. I'll report back if I have any success.
    I've tested both my duo2 or the Ultimo 4K both using different versions on Blackhole (As expected) and both have a 24 hour and also I Think the 7 day one. I say I think because I forget easier. I will put a sticker on the system so I dont forget to test it tonight to see if I get the full week. Hang in there.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #11
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Right

    Both the Duo2 and the Ultimo 4k have 6 and half day EPG working.
    Both have Single EPG Press "2" and Multi EPG press "3"and the Multi one on the Ultimo 4k is extremely good as I have two terrestrial tuners ( could also have 3 off them. the third one is USB) and I have Tuner "I" set to do Brisbane Mt Cootha and Tuner "J" set for the Sunshine Coast Bald Know Tower where I now get Sky News.
    Now Since the Ultimo 4k has multiple tuners when it press "3" Multi EPG I get most of the channel and whats on for 6 and a half days so I talking about 30 odd channels bit if I want the LOT of them all I have to do is stop on a given carrier for one second and go for another carrier and maybe another then press "3" and I will get every program for 6 and a half days and combines that's a lot with Brisbane and South, and North Balk knob and 95% Of Sunshine Coast. Yes I have a good Terrestrial Antenna system.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 01-09-18 at 10:29 AM.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #12
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Well I've tried out OpenPLI on the Solo2 but the same result - only 24 hours ahead EPG.

    A newer VIX has been released but, despite configuring up completely it still only shows the next day EPG. I trierd a number od skins but, apart from a different display, still only 1 day EPG.

    I trawled through all the plug ins and did not find anything helpful so I'm no further advanced. And still no response to my post about this at "World of Satellite"

    LATER: I downloaded the latest Black Hole BUT it would not recognise the CAM. So, back to VIX.
    Last edited by Tassie Devil; 02-09-18 at 01:01 PM. Reason: More info
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #13
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Well I've tried out OpenPLI on the Solo2 but the same result - only 24 hours ahead EPG.

    A newer VIX has been released but, despite configuring up completely it still only shows the next day EPG. I trierd a number od skins but, apart from a different display, still only 1 day EPG.

    I trawled through all the plug ins and did not find anything helpful so I'm no further advanced. And still no response to my post about this at "World of Satellite"

    LATER: I downloaded the latest Black Hole BUT it would not recognise the CAM. So, back to VIX.
    You would think that if you start with a NEW Image and FLASH it via USB (only USB) everything should default so on the channel list do you have Option 2 for single and option 3 for Multi EPG. Whats your Duo 2 doing?

    You would think that you can get help from the VIX forum. Months ago I was going to join the VIX forum only because of there Sat XML creator site (I needed to as a Question) where I use it as the other site that everyone gets there XML file is no good for the Ultimo 4K. Again don't you love there boxes, Nothing works until you get the correct in everything. same goes for the Oscam for the ARM processor
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #14
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    You would think that if you start with a NEW Image and FLASH it via USB (only USB) everything should default so on the channel list do you have Option 2 for single and option 3 for Multi EPG. Whats your Duo 2 doing?

    You would think that you can get help from the VIX forum. Months ago I was going to join the VIX forum only because of there Sat XML creator site (I needed to as a Question) where I use it as the other site that everyone gets there XML file is no good for the Ultimo 4K. Again don't you love there boxes, Nothing works until you get the correct in everything. same goes for the Oscam for the ARM processor
    The Duo is fine - shows 7 days of EPG. Why the Solo2 does not beats me. At one stage today I wonderted if the problem was a corrupted internal flash so I diverted EPG to the intermal HDD, but that did not help. So far I've not found an answer on the net. Seems I'm missing something but have no idea what.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #15
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    The Duo is fine - shows 7 days of EPG. Why the Solo2 does not beats me. At one stage today I wonderted if the problem was a corrupted internal flash so I diverted EPG to the intermal HDD, but that did not help. So far I've not found an answer on the net. Seems I'm missing something but have no idea what.
    When you re Flash the box with VIX Image do you start with a FRESH USB image not other that can possible keep your box to have no 7 Day EPG.?
    Disconnect the HDD, Disconnect any other USB like for Picons and then I would re flash the box from a USB and if you still dont have the 7 day EPG it could be the internal flash is either still full or corrupted. If you have picons remove the External usb that houses them and then send some of them to the internal flash and see if they can be housed there. If you can do this there is nothing wrong with the internal flash. (PS not 100% sure you can do this but I read a few that had done this)
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 03-09-18 at 10:30 AM.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #16
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    When you re Flash the box with VIX Image do you start with a FRESH USB image not other that can possible keep your box to have no 7 Day EPG.?
    Disconnect the HDD, Disconnect any other USB like for Picons and then I would re flash the box from a USB and if you still dont have the 7 day EPG it could be the internal flash is either still full or corrupted. If you have picons remove the External usb that houses them and then send some of them to the internal flash and see if they can be housed there. If you can do this there is nothing wrong with the internal flash. (PS not 100% sure you can do this but I read a few that had done this)
    Yes, I even downloaded a slightly newer file and reconfigured it all from scratch, but it gave the same result. EPG is now directed to the HDD away from the internal flash but that has made no difference. I'm perplexed about all this but, for the moment, will have to live with setting up recordings daily.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #17
    Senior Member Kavakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts
    Rep Power
    174
    Reputation
    602

    Default

    Gday guys, regarding the 7 day epg problem, my solo2 is running blackhole 2.1.5 and gets 7 day epg providing i have set CrossEPG to update daily using usb stick as storage. I use CoolTV Guide plugin which has the best 7 day gui i have ever seen. The version of blackhole seems to make no difference to the CroosEPG or Cool tv guide plugins operating ok.
    Its Hell in the Tropics

  • #18
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Kavakid View Post
    Gday guys, regarding the 7 day epg problem, my solo2 is running blackhole 2.1.5 and gets 7 day epg providing i have set CrossEPG to update daily using usb stick as storage. I use CoolTV Guide plugin which has the best 7 day gui i have ever seen. The version of blackhole seems to make no difference to the CroosEPG or Cool tv guide plugins operating ok.
    Thanks Kavakid, that is precisely the information I wanted. I will get onto that later today.

    But I have another headache to sort out with my Harmony one remote. The Duo2 and Solo2 had the same codes so I changed the Solo2 to 0001. Operation is fine with the Vu+ remote but I'm having all sorts of new problems with the Harmony. I tried "re-learning" the codes, and even changed to 0003 but to no avail. I've logged the problems with Logitech so hopefully they wioll come up with an answer.

    It might even be time to look at getting a later model remote but my old 83 year old brain dislikes having to go through yet another learning process. If I move to another universal remote does anyone have any suggestions? The system has 3 recorders, a BD.DVD player and laserdisk player (rarely used) and a couple of other inputs feeding into an Anthem 50V preamp/processor. I moved from URC MX850 remotes across to Harmony because of the problems I'm now encountering with the Harmony - bummer.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • #19
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 832 Times in 480 Posts
    Rep Power
    477
    Reputation
    14145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Thanks Kavakid, that is precisely the information I wanted. I will get onto that later today.

    But I have another headache to sort out with my Harmony one remote. The Duo2 and Solo2 had the same codes so I changed the Solo2 to 0001. Operation is fine with the Vu+ remote but I'm having all sorts of new problems with the Harmony. I tried "re-learning" the codes, and even changed to 0003 but to no avail. I've logged the problems with Logitech so hopefully they wioll come up with an answer.

    It might even be time to look at getting a later model remote but my old 83 year old brain dislikes having to go through yet another learning process. If I move to another universal remote does anyone have any suggestions? The system has 3 recorders, a BD.DVD player and laserdisk player (rarely used) and a couple of other inputs feeding into an Anthem 50V preamp/processor. I moved from URC MX850 remotes across to Harmony because of the problems I'm now encountering with the Harmony - bummer.
    I use the Harmony TOUCH. I have 5 Activities, and 14 devices (I think the max) Everything starts with a 1 second delays, Everything shuts down in order 1 second delay everything works perfect EXCEPT for two activity to Watch Movies on the the OPPO 103D and to watch movies on the OPPO 203 UHD Player. What happens the oppo 103D is on code 1 and oppo 203 is on code 2 but when you FIRST turn the 240V on, FIRST turn the 240V on, FIRST turn the 240V on, yes i will repeat it one more time FIRST turn the 240V on everything in the room to use for that activity (I have master switch for all Sat side and Movie side) the 203 defaults back to code 1 ONLY JUST FOR START UP. Yes if you lever the 240V on and leave the OPPO 203 on stand by all work ok for the next 10 years but I dont as I shut down EVERYTHING.

    Regarding the Sat Side and the Harmony TOUCH REMOTE. I have the Sony 75 KD 9400E on the Harmony In another activity I have the the 75 inch sony on with also 9 yes nine 24 inch Monitors + all the Sky boxes but i cannot have nore I even tried make the Duo 2 and the Ultimo 4K to start together as I will have the same shit like the OPPO's although the Ultimo has a option to change the code but I think it will behave like the OPPO's. For the Ultimo I only download the pluging "Start to standby" so when when the power is turn on it going into standby.

    Now our TV room is from one end to the other is 7.8 M long so how do you get the emmiiter system to work that far. Yes I have the east and the west controller box and the 2 Receiver under side by side under the 75 inch sony and it that far that I had to put extension leads from the Receiver to the control box. Again I have EXTREME System and everything works on 5 Activities with 14 devices. The activity I use to watch the OPPO 203 UHD player it has 6 Amplifiers to turn on with a second delay. I have the Main Amp with is a Yamaha 3050 which I use for the Pre out for other Stronger amps for the most of the speakers and use the 3050 for the 4 ceiling speakers (ATMOS and DTS X) + Have have a Dayton Shaker lounge Amps that controls all the Shakers on the Main lounge and the side lounge chairs. Again the harmony works PERFECT!!!! on all. I also have a Activity for the Panansonic UNB 900 UHD player as that switches all the amps on and switches the 75 inch sony on with the TV correct HDMI. ALL 4 HDMI's are used on the Sony TV and the Harmony switches them on CORRECTLY depending what activity I use.
    Now ONLY the OPPO 103 and the 203 causes issues and because OPPo's system of code is STUPID and I had interdyn/ OPPO trying to get oppo to fix this but at the same time OPPO is stopped making OPPO players anymore. I have been burn'nt out trying to get the Oppos working and I have been told that the Vu products are the same so I leave the power pont off. Yes I have a Master Switch than the UPS/Conditioner than all on the Left side of the main TV and another for all on the right side of the main tv but Also on each Cabinet (left and Right) I have a double Power point for EACH device in order (easy to get too) to I only have to keep OFF one OPPO 103D if I dont need it or one Vu Duo 2 if I dont need it and that it.

    I have tried 3 Harmony Remote's and two of the found them self outside with the hammer hitting them and only the Harmony Touch can tackle our system. I recommend the Harmony touch
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 10-09-18 at 11:22 AM.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #20
    Member Tassie Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Tasmania
    Age
    83
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    Reputation
    2315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I use the Harmony TOUCH. I have 5 Activities, and 14 devices (I think the max) Everything starts with a 1 second delays, Everything shuts down in order 1 second delay everything works perfect EXCEPT for two activity to Watch Movies on the the OPPO 103D and to watch movies on the OPPO 203 UHD Player. What happens the oppo 103D is on code 1 and oppo 203 is on code 2 but when you FIRST turn the 240V on, FIRST turn the 240V on, FIRST turn the 240V on, yes i will repeat it one more time FIRST turn the 240V on everything in the room to use for that activity (I have master switch for all Sat side and Movie side) the 203 defaults back to code 1 ONLY JUST FOR START UP. Yes if you lever the 240V on and leave the OPPO 203 on stand by all work ok for the next 10 years but I dont as I shut down EVERYTHING.

    Regarding the Sat Side and the Harmony TOUCH REMOTE. I have the Sony 75 KD 9400E on the Harmony In another activity I have the the 75 inch sony on with also 9 yes nine 24 inch Monitors + all the Sky boxes but i cannot have nore I even tried make the Duo 2 and the Ultimo 4K to start together as I will have the same shit like the OPPO's although the Ultimo has a option to change the code but I think it will behave like the OPPO's. For the Ultimo I only download the pluging "Start to standby" so when when the power is turn on it going into standby.

    Now our TV room is from one end to the other is 7.8 M long so how do you get the emmiiter system to work that far. Yes I have the east and the west controller box and the 2 Receiver under side by side under the 75 inch sony and it that far that I had to put extension leads from the Receiver to the control box. Again I have EXTREME System and everything works on 5 Activities with 14 devices. The activity I use to watch the OPPO 203 UHD player it has 6 Amplifiers to turn on with a second delay. I have the Main Amp with is a Yamaha 3050 which I use for the Pre out for other Stronger amps for the most of the speakers and use the 3050 for the 4 ceiling speakers (ATMOS and DTS X) + Have have a Dayton Shaker lounge Amps that controls all the Shakers on the Main lounge and the side lounge chairs. Again the harmony works PERFECT!!!! on all. I also have a Activity for the Panansonic UNB 900 UHD player as that switches all the amps on and switches the 75 inch sony on with the TV correct HDMI. ALL 4 HDMI's are used on the Sony TV and the Harmony switches them on CORRECTLY depending what activity I use.
    Now ONLY the OPPO 103 and the 203 causes issues and because OPPo's system of code is STUPID and I had interdyn/ OPPO trying to get oppo to fix this but at the same time OPPO is stopped making OPPO players anymore. I have been burn'nt out trying to get the Oppos working and I have been told that the Vu products are the same so I leave the power pont off. Yes I have a Master Switch than the UPS/Conditioner than all on the Left side of the main TV and another for all on the right side of the main tv but Also on each Cabinet (left and Right) I have a double Power point for EACH device in order (easy to get too) to I only have to keep OFF one OPPO 103D if I dont need it or one Vu Duo 2 if I dont need it and that it.

    I have tried 3 Harmony Remote's and two of the found them self outside with the hammer hitting them and only the Harmony Touch can tackle our system. I recommend the Harmony touch
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

    I done some Googling and there is a possibility my Harmony One needs a new battery, but I'll hold off doing more until Logiotech get back to me.

    I installed Black Hole & the recommended plug ins BUT same thing - only 24 hours of EPG. So, as I'm more familiar with VIX, I'll go back to it - a real merry-go-round!!! There is something simple (and that includes me!!) preventing it.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •