Thread: Bosch Solution 16+ Outputs fail

Thanks

Question Bosch Solution 16+ Outputs fail

I've installed and successfully operated a Bosch solution 16+ for 8 years - until last week. It has been set up with OP1 = Ext Siren; OP2 = Strobe; OP3 = Internal screamers (operated via an additional external relay); and OP4 (from the onboard relay) is set up via the N/O contacts to open/close the garage door. Last week, all of the Outputs ceased working, except the OP3 screamers. I've tested cabling and all seems OK. Via control panel, no faults are identified with any output - but nothing happens when I use the panel to operate the outputs (Menu 4-0-1). The RF keyfob is correctly identified, so signal is getting to the main board. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the overload protection on OP1, 2 has failed. And also the onboard relay (on OP4)... Has anyone experienced similar problems? Suggested remedies?

Look Here ->
  • 27-08-18, 10:34 PM

• 27-08-18, 10:42 PM

Reason
    OT

Thanks

Sometimes outputs stop working when the panel has a Low battery. But assume there would be a low battery trouble message on the keypad. Could try doing a battery test in menu 7-9-1 and see if it passes or fails.

Otherwise could try powering down alarm then power up, set date and time. See if outputs start working again.
    Or Default panel and re-program.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

Elecktron (29-08-18)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Sometimes outputs stop working when the panel has a Low battery. But assume there would be a low battery trouble message on the keypad. Could try doing a battery test in menu 7-9-1 and see if it passes or fails.

Otherwise could try powering down alarm then power up, set date and time. See if outputs start working again.
    Or Default panel and re-program.
    Thanks Secure - nailed it! Okay - here is the background. When I last changed the battery a number of years ago, it reported a fail after only a few months, on the very first occasion when we lost mains for an hour. So, instead of paying out for another battery (every few months!), I have been carrying the P001 error for a few years (without problem, until now). So, I replaced it and all systems are now back to normal.

BTW, trying to avoid frequent replacements, this time I elected to install a 9Ah battery in lieu of the 7.2Ah previous one (both from Jaycar). Fingers crossed that it lasts longer without problems. But, if anyone else chooses this path, be aware that the 9Ah battery has 6.8mm spade terminals, whereas the solution 16+ supports 6.4mm terminals - so you'd need to make an adapter.

Thanks

Thanks Secure - (this might be cumbersome, but I only just saw how to give "thanks".) Anyway, you saved me a bunch of nugatory trouble shooting. I'd presumed that as long as I had mains power, I could tolerate a low/failed battery and ignored the System trouble advice. But clearly not the case. I could not understand why everything else seemed to work fine, except for some of the outputs. Anyway - all fixed now.

Thanks

Thanks for the update.
    Normally a 7 or 7.2Ah battery is fine and should be replaced about every 4 years. If the battery was only lasting a few months, I would think it was a faulty battery or old stock. May have been sitting on their shop self for a while.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default charging

if there is too much ripple coming from the charger float the battery will fail prematurely