Thread: Hik Reset, there must be a way!

Thanks

Default Hik Reset, there must be a way!

So, ive been toying with the idea of HOW to reset a hik that is physically in your presence after a job I did a while ago, where the NVR could not be reset due to the password being lost!

It got me thinking, there's no physical reset option which imo, is absolutely ridiculous and i recon there must be a way to either reset the EPROM or reflash the firmware via RS232.

Ive got a IPC here which I am locked out of, and ive tried a TFTP upgrade which was successful however still not able to get into the cam! The model is DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW and apparently has no web server running. However trying to make any changes in SADP or IVMS i get device denied error.

So does anyone know of a way to wither reset the EPROM, and then maybe do a possible TFTP flash again with a fresh FW.

Please if you know something or anything let me know or PM me please.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deanfourie View Post
    So, ive been toying with the idea of HOW to reset a hik that is physically in your presence after a job I did a while ago, where the NVR could not be reset due to the password being lost!

It got me thinking, there's no physical reset option which imo, is absolutely ridiculous and i recon there must be a way to either reset the EPROM or reflash the firmware via RS232.

Ive got a IPC here which I am locked out of, and ive tried a TFTP upgrade which was successful however still not able to get into the cam! The model is DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW and apparently has no web server running. However trying to make any changes in SADP or IVMS i get device denied error.

So does anyone know of a way to wither reset the EPROM, and then maybe do a possible TFTP flash again with a fresh FW.

Please if you know something or anything let me know or PM me please.
    Hi. All Hik devices can be password reset, either through legitimate channels or other ways. Call Hikvision support, they are quite helpful. Google harder for other ways to reset older devices. 'Device Denied' means you have incorrect password.

Thanks

I call Hikvision support and ask them to access my laptop remotely to access the NVR or DVR and try to reset the password. they need the serial number of the device