Thread: Bosch Security System (Solution Ultima 880) installation issue after reset to default

Thanks

Default Bosch Security System (Solution Ultima 880) installation issue after reset to default

A security company technician installed a Bosch Security Alarm System (Solution Ultima 880, CC488P1, Software V1.08, and its PDF installation manual URL link is ) in our place at 2004. It hasn't been used it in recent 10 years and the wireless PIR sensors batteries (rated voltage 3V) and Control Panel backup rechargeable lead acid battery (rated voltage 12V)are all in low battery status.

This security system is used as burglar alarm system, with 4 wireless PIR sensors, one strobe (outside the property), one piezo siren, one codepad and one power plug pack etc. The whole security system should still work well, just the batteries are low.

I renewed all the batteries, followed the above installation manual (Solution Ultima 844/862/880 Installation Manual, ISSUE 1.62) to reset the system (hardware reset) to factory default (I want to reconfigure the whole security system for some features I'm interested with, but the installer security company doesn't want to give me the installer code, so I have to reset the system to factory default), and tried to configure the system from the Remote Codepad. But 1) when connect the 12V battery in the Control Panel, turn on the AC plug pack, disarm the system, the Off indicator on the Codepad flashes all the time (there is no fault and the fault indicator is off, and the other indicators are normal). 2) When arm the system, after the exit time expires, and walk bypass the PIR sensors, but the system isn't activated. 3) The Panic, Fire and Medical alarms work fine when pressing the corresponding two buttons on the Codepad. 4) the Control Panel tamper switch doesn't seem play any role, as the other end of the tamper switch wiring doesn't have any connection to the Control Panel PCB circuit board, no voltage when the tamper switch close/open (measured with voltage meter).

Questions - 1) why this security system can't be activated in the armed status? 2) why the Off indicator is always flashing?

Thank you very much for your help.
    Last edited by qiubosu; 02-09-18 at 08:33 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I think you need to get someone who knows what they are doing. The Wireless sensors will need to be learnt / programmed in.

Thanks

Nil
    Last edited by qiubosu; 04-09-18 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

I made this Bosch Alarm system worked again this afternoon after reset it to factory default. As soon as understanding how the whole system works, it is a 10 minutes job to reconfigure the system from scratch.

Thanks

Default Factory Rest - how

Quote Originally Posted by qiubosu View Post
    I made this Bosch Alarm system worked again this afternoon after reset it to factory default. As soon as understanding how the whole system works, it is a 10 minutes job to reconfigure the system from scratch.
    I am in almost the same predicament as you were. Have powered up system after about 12 years and everything appears in order, except I don't have the required codes. So thinking about a factory reset and seeing how I go from there.
    How did you do the factory reset?