Thread: Garage door opening via Bosch WE800EV2

Thanks

Default Garage door opening via Bosch WE800EV2

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on connections for garage door opening on Bosch 3000 control panel via keyfob. I have got WE800EV2 plugged in with on board relay and cable from control panel to garage.

Just need to know where to connect on the panel and garage door and programming required for keyfobs to open the door.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by libran_59 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on connections for garage door opening on Bosch 3000 control panel via keyfob. I have got WE800EV2 plugged in with on board relay and cable from control panel to garage.

Just need to know where to connect on the panel and garage door and programming required for keyfobs to open the door.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    No programming is required on the WE800 just wire into NO1 and COM1 or C1, the board has 2 relays for a second door if need be. button 3 does the relay 1 and button 4 does relay 2 on the bosch remote.

in terms of the garage door depends on the motor model/type....most motors have a OSD option. If you know the model i can take a look for you online.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1982 View Post
    No programming is required on the WE800 just wire into NO1 and COM1 or C1, the board has 2 relays for a second door if need be. button 3 does the relay 1 and button 4 does relay 2 on the bosch remote.

in terms of the garage door depends on the motor model/type....most motors have a OSD option. If you know the model i can take a look for you online.

Thanks Midnight for your help mate. Sorry took long time to respond. daughter was bit crook.

What I understood was, from WE800, Figure 8 needs to be used connecting on " NO " & " COM " output on WE800 and going to garage door. I have a BOSS BOL4 garage door. How do I know where to connect to and whats the OSD option.

If I didnt have figure 8 cable, can I use standard security cable. Also do I need to do any programming on 3000 to let the panel know about the garage door.

Thanks heaps.

Thanks

Thanks Midnight for your help mate. Sorry took long time to respond. daughter was bit crook.

What I understood was, from WE800, Figure 8 needs to be used connecting on " NO " & " COM " output on WE800 and going to garage door. I have a BOSS BOL4 garage door. How do I know where to connect to and whats the OSD option.

If I didnt have figure 8 cable, can I use standard security cable. Also do I need to do any programming on 3000 to let the panel know about the garage door.

Thanks heaps.
    The WE800 relay isn't programmed in via the 3000, just pick a relay , relay 1 is button 3 and relay 2 is button 4 on remote. can run fig 8 or 4 core security, i tend to run 4 core these days cos it helps to have a spare pair incase.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi Modnight, hope you are good. Just a query, I have installed WE800 but cant seem to get the remotes working. Is there any programming on the panel I need to do for the remotes to work with alarm panel. Can you pls let me know the instructions.

Also I have connected the cable to WE800 and garage door to open it via remote but didnt work. Do I need to use 12v connection as well or just 2 connections as advised by you

Thanks

Hi Modnight, hope you are good. Just a query, I have installed WE800 but cant seem to get the remotes working. Is there any programming on the panel I need to do for the remotes to work with alarm panel. Can you pls let me know the instructions.

Also I have connected the cable to WE800 and garage door to open it via remote but didnt work. Do I need to use 12v connection as well or just 2 connections as advised by you
    As Midnight said twice before, there is no programming required for the WE800EV2 to open the garage door, as that part of the WE800EV2 is designed to operate independently of the Solution 3000. Most likely you haven't wired +12V from the Solution 3000 to the WE800EV2. Both the WE800EV2 and Solution 3000 manuals clearly state that you need to do this in order to use the relays. Button 3 (door icon) triggers relay 1 & button 4 (light icon) triggers relay 2.

However, if you want the fobs also to arm and disarm the system, you need to connect the 3 pin panel connector on the WE800EV2 to the Solution 3000 and assign the fobs to users.

I've found the manuals for you:

Solution 3000 manual:
    Section 4.2 of the covers the WE3000EV2 operation.
    Section 7.1.3 covers adding/deleting fobs to and from users.
    Section 14.3 covers enabling the WE800EV2 in the Solution 3000.

BOL4 manual
    Figure 11A on page 11 shows where you need to terminate your WE800EV2 relay to.

On the WE800EV2, wire the NO and COM to terminals 2 & 3 on the garage door motor. Doesn't matter if you already have a wall switch wired in to those terminals. Just add the new wires. All the switch and the WE800EV2 will do is short pin 2 to pin 3 to trigger the garage door. Just be sure to secure your cable away from the moving parts on the garage door motor.

Last edited by CT4; 12-12-18 at 05:19 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

libran_59 (12-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    As Midnight said twice before, there is no programming required for the WE800EV2 to open the garage door, as that part of the WE800EV2 is designed to operate independently of the Solution 3000. Most likely you haven't wired +12V from the Solution 3000 to the WE800EV2. Both the WE800EV2 and Solution 3000 manuals clearly state that you need to do this in order to use the relays. Button 3 (door icon) triggers relay 1 & button 4 (light icon) triggers relay 2.

However, if you want the fobs also to arm and disarm the system, you need to connect the 3 pin panel connector on the WE800EV2 to the Solution 3000 and assign the fobs to users.

I've found the manuals for you:

Solution 3000 manual:
    Section 4.2 of the covers the WE3000EV2 operation.
    Section 7.1.3 covers adding/deleting fobs to and from users.
    Section 14.3 covers enabling the WE800EV2 in the Solution 3000.

BOL4 manual
    Figure 11A on page 11 shows where you need to terminate your WE800EV2 relay to.

On the WE800EV2, wire the NO and COM to terminals 2 & 3 on the garage door motor. Doesn't matter if you already have a wall switch wired in to those terminals. Just add the new wires. All the switch and the WE800EV2 will do is short pin 2 to pin 3 to trigger the garage door. Just be sure to secure your cable away from the moving parts on the garage door motor.

Hi CT4,

Thank you for such a detailed information. Much appreciate that. A silly question, how do I wire 12V on to the panel.

Thanks

Step 4 of the WE800EV2 manual...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    Step 4 of the WE800EV2 manual...
    Perfect CT4. I have been trying to open the location 0395 with the Bosch Touch one panel but it doesnt take me to that command. Are menu locations different on touch one. Cant seem to find that location via touch one

• 13-12-18, 09:49 PM

Reason
    Do not post crap just to increase post count to send unwelcome/uninvited PM's.