Thread: VAST Self Service Live

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Default VAST Self Service Line

It looks like VAST has launched an automated phone service. You can now renew travellers authorisations automatically and change states instantly.

More info here:
    Last edited by Smacca; 08-09-18 at 05:08 AM.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Branchfield (13-09-18),efab (08-09-18),gordon_s1942 (08-09-18),hazman (08-09-18),hinekadon (08-09-18),hos here (08-09-18),mtv (08-09-18),th37sk (08-09-18),Thala Dan (08-09-18),Tiny (08-09-18),tristen (08-09-18)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    You can now change states instantly.

I'm in Victoria and (I believe) am registered for QLD. The family is a bit shitted with the, "Goin' camping?" commercial that pops up 48 times an evening.

If I State change to Victoria, does it mean we'll receive Victorian commercials? I've looked at Sat TV Guide's bouquet listings, but not sure how commercials are affected with VAST State change and tbh I've never bothered to fiddle with it in many years of VAST service.

Finally, The MySatTV site reads, "The phone number you are calling from is checked with the VAST record before the state change operation." I am on a travellers card and will be calling from a VIC number (mobile) - any issues with my selecting VIC from a VIC identified call? My card is associated with my primary address which is Victorian.

Cheers

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Never fear, that 'BOM, CAMPIN, FISHIN' advert is seen most likely on all markets just like those ads for the Supermarket at Alice Springs and Mt Isa Round up........
    If you were a VAST viewer when it became available, you might remember that when the parent channel went to a Commercial Break, we got that scenic loop to fill in the Gaps between the programs.
    Obviously the more business' advertise on VAST, there will be more variety of advertising but dont hold your breath they wont repeat the same ad twice or again at the next break which is what WIN (Terrestrial Digital) does in my area particularly during the 'Soapie', the Bold and Beautiful from the TEN Network !!!!
    She counted over 30 advertisements during the show.
    I only watch VAST when the Terrestrial channel(s) go off air during a storm or they or us lose power....or I want to use the Off Set time zones on the ABC or SBS.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 08-09-18 at 03:29 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!