Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racist Cartoon

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Default Racist Cartoon

Serena Williams.
    Poor sportsmanship, poor behaviour and now poor excuses.
    When somebody makes fun of her in a cartoon, she pulls the race card.
    Like it has something to do with race and not her appalling behaviour.
    Even after the match, her stink was so bad trying to save her own face, the poor Japanese woman looked like she had just shit in her trophy.

Let me remind you of another "racist cartoon".

and the follow up to it which appears to be common to both cartoons.
    Last edited by admin; 12-09-18 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Swapped Serena for Venus - Admin
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

admin (12-09-18),Al Bundy (11-09-18),alpha0ne (12-09-18),DB44 (11-09-18),eaglem (12-09-18),enf (11-09-18),george65 (12-09-18),Godzilla (12-09-18),Keith (12-09-18),OSIRUS (12-09-18),Skepticist (11-09-18),softel (15-09-18),VroomVroom (12-09-18)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

The "offending" cartoon.....

At least Mark Knight doesn't have to put up with Gillian Triggs hounding him to death (literally)...........

I read this afternoon that Martina Navratilova had absolutely NO time for her bullshit.

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-09-18),eaglem (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Gillian Triggs. She's a piece of work isn't she?
    The Australian version of Robert McCarthy.
    The one woman committee for Un-Australian activities.

Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (12-09-18),enf (12-09-18),hinekadon (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Venus Williams.
    Poor sportsmanship, poor behaviour and now poor excuses.
    When somebody makes fun of her in a cartoon, she pulls the race card.
    Like it has something to do with race and not her appalling behaviour.
    Even after the match, her stink was so bad trying to save her own face, the poor Japanese woman looked like she had just shit in her trophy.
    It's Serena Williams
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

admin (12-09-18),eaglem (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

it is a cartoon people should see it as such and not be so thin skinned

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dai For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (12-09-18),ol' boy (12-09-18),SS Dave (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

i think its very accurate and nothing to do with racism.

Take a look at the ugly hags face just prior to when she smashed the racket - exactly as the cartoon portrayed!!

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

eaglem (12-09-18),Godzilla (12-09-18),hinekadon (12-09-18),KN4IMX (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18),Mr 672A (12-09-18),ol' boy (12-09-18),SS Dave (12-09-18),trash (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Seeing as it's a caricature of a particular person, I don't think it's racist. A caricature uses exaggeration of the persons features so that they are easily recognisable, as opposed to a racist cartoon that uses negative comparison or exaggeration to portray a race in general.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (12-09-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Todays front page.......................

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-09-18),Godzilla (12-09-18),Guiseppe (12-09-18),hinekadon (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Suck it up buttercup. Her coach did the crime, by his own admission, whether she was watching him, or not, he is part of her team, and, as such deserved the penalties, given her subsequent behaviour. All I saw in that cartoon was a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. The moment any dark skinned individual is depicted in a "bad light" in print it is "racist". Guess what? It was a bloody good caricature of her behaviour! I'm sure some cartoonist has drawn something similar of MacEnroe when he was chucking his patties, too. Not that we'd ever hear about it, because that was not "racist"......

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (12-09-18),alpha0ne (12-09-18),enf (12-09-18),Godzilla (12-09-18),Guiseppe (12-09-18),hinekadon (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18),Skepticist (12-09-18),SS Dave (12-09-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    ...Not that we'd ever hear about it, because that was not "racist"......

Nor in an era of PC bullshit like that we are in now.

By the way i think that caricature of McEnroe is racist anyway, it depicts him as been way too white!
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Its hilarious listening to the US media shrieking about it. From the home of the KKK and Black Power movements.

Give it a few days and there will be something else to be perpetually outraged about.

Williams is just another example of wealth and power going to someones head , along with a serious case of entitlement. We see it everyday in Australia, the filthy rich left telling us "commoners" how stupid we are if we dont vote for gay marriage, transgender rights, a new flag, becoming a republic etc etc. Have a gander at Serena Williams previous form in regards to misbeahviour :

Accusations of match fixing

When both the Williams sisters entered the top ten and started meeting in tournaments, unsubstantiated rumors of started to circulate. , while commenting on the 2000 Wimbledon semifinal between the two sisters, said that "Serena may not be allowed to win. Richard may have something to say about this." , a fellow professional player, said during a post match interview after losing to Venus at the Indian Wells quarterfinals in 2001, that Richard Williams decided the results between the two sisters. Venus pulling out at the last minute garnered much speculation in the press, with fans demanding their money back.
    2001 Indian Wells

After injuring herself in the quarterfinal match against Dementieva, her sister, Venus Williams, defaulted to Serena in the semifinals. Although Venus told the tournament official hours beforehand that she would have to default, the official word was not given until 10 minutes before the scheduled start (in the hopes that Venus would change her mind), angering fans who had come to see the match. Consequently, during the final against Kim Clijsters two days later, the spectators jeered Serena from when she first took the court for warm-up through the final trophy presentation including cheering double faults and errors with no intervention from the tournament officials. Despite these attacks, Williams went on to win the tournament.
    At the Ericsson Open the following week, Richard Williams said racist comments were made to him in the stands, and the tournament director refused to offer Williams an apology for how she was treated. As a result, neither sister played the tournament even though it had become a mandatory stop on the WTA tour since 2009. In 2015, Williams decided to end her 14-year boycott and played.
    2004 US Open

In her quarterfinal match against , an incorrect overrule was made by chair umpire ; the video review showed this to be an error, as Williams's shot was inside the court. In this quarter-final match, new technology being tested made incorrect line calls late in the third set. Williams argued with the chair over a couple of calls during the match, but was not successful. Capriati won the match, with Serena herself acknowledging that this was primarily due to her 57 unforced errors, but accused Alves of temporary insanity nevertheless and said that she "felt cheated." In a post-match interview Capriati sharply observed that bad calls had gone against her in the past as well. Alves did not officiate for the remainder of the tournament; this however was not punitive, as commonly thought, as she was not scheduled to officiate. The controversy renewed calls for, and was widely given credit for, the adoption of technology such as the and systems.
    2009 US Open

In the semifinal round against , Williams slammed her racket on the court after losing the first set. She was given a warning, with a potential second violation carrying a one-point penalty. While trailing 4–6, 5–6, 15–30, Williams's second serve was called a , resulting in two match points for Clijsters. Williams gestured with her racket to the lineswoman who had made the call and yelled at her, with profanities and a threat to shove a tennis ball down the lineswoman's throat. During the subsequent on-court conference between the chair umpire, the lineswoman, US Open officials, and Williams, a television microphone picked up Williams saying to the lineswoman, "I didn't say I would kill you! Are you serious?" The incident resulted in Williams being penalized a point for unsportsmanlike conduct#—#necessitated by the earlier warning for racket abuse#—#meaning Clijsters won the match 6–4, 7–5. The following day, Williams was issued the maximum permissible on-site fine of $10,000 (plus $500 for racket abuse). After further investigation, the Grand Slam Committee in November 2009 fined her $175,000 in lieu of suspending her from the 2010 US Open or other Grand Slam events. They also placed her on a two-year probation, so if Williams committed another offense in the following two years at Grand Slams, she would be suspended from participating in the following US Open. If she committed no offenses in the next two years, her fine would be reduced to $82,500. Williams initially refused to apologize for her outburst, both in her post-match press conference and in an official statement released the following day. She eventually did, stating "I just really wanted to apologize sincerely because I'm a very prideful person, and I'm a very intense person and a very emotional person", and "I wanted to offer my sincere apologies to anyone that I may have offended." She said she was humbled by the experience.
    2011 US Open

In the final of the against , Williams shouted "Come on!" as the Australian attempted to return a Williams believed to be a winner. The chair umpire awarded the point to Stosur based on the 's deliberate hindrance rule, which states, "If a player commits any act which hinders his opponent in making a stroke, then, if this is deliberate, he shall lose the point or if involuntary, the point shall be replayed." As the point was 30–40 on Williams's serve, the penalty gave the break of serve to Stosur. Williams became angry with the chair umpire and made several gestures and unflattering comments toward her during the next changeover, including telling Asderaki that if the umpire ever saw Serena coming toward her, she should "look the other way". Williams initially gained momentum in the set following the penalty, breaking back in the next game, but eventually flagged and lost the match, 2–6, 3–6. At the end of the match, she declined to offer the customary handshake to Asderaki. Williams mentioned the incident in her post-match speech as the tournament runner-up, asserting, "I hit a winner, but I guess it didn't count", but added, "It wouldn't have mattered in the end. Sam played really well." A writer for suggested that Williams could avoid being found to have violated the terms of the "probation" on which she was placed following her 2009 outburst, as she did not appear to have used in addressing Asderaki during the match. In the end, Williams was fined $2,000 and was not barred from competing in the 2012 US Open because "Williams's conduct, while verbally abusive, [did] not rise to the level of a major offence under the Grand Slam code of conduct."
    2018 US Open

Williams' US Open run for a record-tying 24th major title ended in controversy in New York, with Williams falling to in straight sets following a game penalty in the second set. During that second set, she was given a code violation because her coach, , gave her coaching hand signals. Williams was upset by the violation, claiming that her coach was simply giving her a thumbs up, and demanded an apology from chair umpire . Mouratoglou later admitted that he had been coaching. She received a second violation for smashing her racket on the court, which resulted in a point penalty. After her third code violation for verbal abuse against the umpire, Williams was assessed a game penalty. Williams said that she believed she had been treated more harshly by the umpire because she is a woman. Williams was fined a total of $17,000, that included $4,000 for a coaching violation, $3,000 for racket abuse and $10,000 for verbal abuse towards the umpire.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (12-09-18),alpha0ne (12-09-18),enf (12-09-18),hinekadon (12-09-18),Landytrack (12-09-18),lsemmens (12-09-18),VroomVroom (14-09-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

Serena Williams to lineswoman in 2009 :

"I swear to God I'll ####ing take the ball and shove it down your ####ing throat."
    Now if that aint bullying, what is it ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (12-09-18)

Thanks

Another tennis player turning 8 on the court.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

You would think America has bigger issues to worry about.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

And of course if it had been a white male player that acted the same way and had a similar cartoon drawn, not a peep would have been heard except from the men haters groups crapping on about setting a bad example for the poor little innocent kids and threatening the feelings of snowflakes whom might have been watching with such uncalled for violence and other blown out of proportion carry on.

Personally I thought it was one of the better cartoons I have ever seen. One glance without even reading it made you laugh because it was so accurate to the event that took place.
    I was talking to my father about it and I really can't see what in hell they are complaining about.
    I think the best comment was by the cartoonist whom asked when did it become politically incorrect to draw an African American person so they looked like an African American person?

The only thing wrong with this cartoon is us people discussing it trying to find a rational explanation for the complaints of irrational whingers who are always on the lookout for something to be offended and insulted by and are never happy unless they are having a bitch about nothing.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    You would think America has bigger issues to worry about.
    You would think so wouldn't you ?

But its very likely that, the same with this country, its just the loud leftist mobs that are doing the baying for blood and not the ordinary person in the street.

Social media really is a parasite on society. The Left have hijacked it as a weapon of their choice. Any little thing like this, and they mobilise millions of their followers via twitter to scream abuse and death threats at their target of the week. they basically helped to kill Bill Leak this way.

I find it amusing they have a Black Journalists Association in the US..........and think we are racist.

And maybe they missed all these other Williams comics ?

lsemmens (12-09-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Personally I thought it was one of the better cartoons I have ever seen. One glance without even reading it made you laugh because it was so accurate to the event that took place.
    Its brilliant....which is why they are screaming so loudly. All Mark Knight's cartoons are brilliant, he has a great mind.

enf (12-09-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

No idea what all the fuss is about, I think it's a great likeness of Mike Tyson. The cartoonist should be applauded not attacked.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 12-09-18 at 04:58 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

porkop (13-09-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Martina serves....

Leo Schlink: Tennis great Martina Navratilova serves Serena Williams an overdue dose of reality
    Leo Schlink, Herald Sun
    September 11, 2018 4:56pm
    Subscriber only

FOUR days after smearing Carlos Ramos with self-serving petulance, Serena Williams has been served an overdue dose of reality by Martina Navratilova.

Navratilova, winner of 18 singles majors, has watched Williams – and her sycophants – play the victim card on an unprecedented scale in the wake of her childish US Open meltdown.

Nobody, not even Australia’s finest cartoonist Mark Knight, has been immune.

The backlash has been global.

Serena Williams argues with the chair umpire during a match against Naomi Osaka, of Japan, during the women's finals of the U.S. Picture: AP.

No male, regardless of age or colour, has been off-limits as Williams and her posse take aim at “the haters.”

Critical women also have been singled out and accused of jealously belittling the “GOAT” (greatest of all time).

The trouble for Serena and her slavish minions is that the facts — including the rule book — speak louder than her outrage.

Ramos implemented the rules strictly in accordance with how they were written.

He gave Williams a warning because her coach Patrick Mouratoglou was repeatedly seen signalling to his client. It is illegal whether Williams sees it or not.

Ramos then penalised Williams a point for destroying a racquet and then a game for calling him a “thief” and a “liar”. Both actions are illegal.
    0:00
    /
    1:00
    US Open Women's finals: Serena Williams loses it

As hapless Naomi Osaka weathered Williams’ boorishness and still managed to win her first major, Navratilova — and millions around the world — were appalled.

One of the all-time tennis greats, passionate about myriad humanitarian causes, Navratilova has never been afraid to call out wrongs.

Writing for the New York Times, Navratilova contradicted the grovelling statements of US Tennis Association president Katrina Adams and WTA boss Steven Simon by saying Williams behaved in a way “that no-one should be engaging in on the court.”

Declaring imagined claims of sexism and racism off the mark, Navratilova said: “Had I behaved like that on a tennis court, I would have expected to get everything that happened to Serena.

“There have been many times when I was playing that I wanted to break my racquet into a thousand pieces.

“Then I thought about the kids watching. And I grudgingly held on to that racquet.”

Serena Williams fined for US Open outburst

Like Williams, Navratilova is a strong, successful woman who has dealt with body shaming, racism and sexism, having being cruelly outed as a lesbian long before she was ready to come out.

Williams haughtingly accused Ramos of persecuting her on Sunday.

She had similar clashes at Flushing Meadows in 2009 and ‘11. On all three occasions she was on her way to defeat.

Williams also claimed men get away with far more. Male players routinely rack up more fines at the majors than women.

John McEnroe, Jeff Tarango and David Nalbandian have been disqualified mid-match.

Fabio Fognini was fined $123,000 for calling Swedish umpire Louise Engzell a “whore” at the 2017 US Open.

Williams was fined $24,000 for labelling Ramos a “thief” and a “liar.”

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

admin (12-09-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

I remember a few years ago when KFC who sponsor the cricket here had a commercial with West Indies in the crowd eating buckets of chicken. No one blinked until the USA caught wind of it and the ad was pulled due to supposedly racial overtones. And they don't even play cricket.

They have a problem with other nations interfering with their society but are quite happy dishing it out to us.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

admin (12-09-18),enf (12-09-18),george65 (13-09-18),Guiseppe (13-09-18),lsemmens (12-09-18)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast