Thread: Belong Mobile

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Belong Mobile

I cant say I had a great time with them over Internet, but for the budget conscious they have some very cheap mobile deals on the Telstra Wholesale network (Belong are owned by Telstra).

* 1 gig data, Unlimited Calls and text = $10
    * 5 gig data, Unlimited Calls and text = $25
    * 15 gig data, Unlimited Calls and text = $40

Unlimited data banking, and even better you can "gift" data to other Belong users.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i like the idea of data banking but cant find anywhere the small
    print on how much and how long its stored for because we all know
    that the word unlimited always comes with a catch.

i like the idea because i never use all my data and a bank of data would
    come in handy when i go away occasionally and can use it to stream some
    movies etc.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 12-09-18 at 05:37 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Very close to the offer by Aldi.
    I didnt see it mentioned (but if it is I apologise) with Aldi whatever Data you dont use by the end of the billing Month, rolls into the next and will accumulate to a maximum of 30GB.

I like to see these offers (more the merrier) as it means Data is getting cheaper as each Company competes for our dollar.

Aldi is also uses the Telstra Whole Sale network so services and availability should be the same.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

All I can see is the page that you know doubt read fandtm666

I would say Unlimited means Unlimited and hold them to it. You could also gift it to a second account, just get another sim on a $10 plan or something ?

You will notice a distinct lack of information sheets on Belong's website. Thats how I got out of paying any money when I broke a broadband contract, they offered a speed then when I signed up it disappeared.

Their customer service is poor, but realistically should you need it ?

You might find some more info on this page via the search box :

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (13-09-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

I found the Critical Information Summary for Mobile fandtm666

You could also check this one as well

I cant really see any terms that might affect what you plan to do, they dont state any limits.

fandtm666 (13-09-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

I dont think you would have a problem as long as you dont try selling data like this guy

Apparently this is on their website....somewhere...................

Unlimited data banking
    Keep your unused data each month and store it in your bank for when you need it. We'll rollover all your unused data. As long as you pay on time there's no limit to how long you can keep your data or how much you can pile up in your bank. So you don't lose what you don't use!

fandtm666 (13-09-18)

Thanks

I don't use much data so have a $10 plan with them - no problems so far and have had it for 3 months or so.

Data does roll over.

You can gift data to another Belong customer, but must have at least 1Gig to do it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Andrewpv01 For This Useful Post:

admin (13-09-18)

Thanks

thanks for the info , i will keep an eye on it .My contract with voda runs out at
    xmas so will be looking around and i really like the idea of the data banking

Premium Member

Thanks

Unlimited Calls means Unlimited calls and while its splitting hairs, Data and Call are NOT the same thing.
    To me Data is surfing the Net, Facebook, Emails and God knows what else you can waste data on.
    Calls are when you call a number, generally Local or National for No Cost and talk for as long as you want if thats what it says in the offer.

While it not of great import, I got 'caught' with the Aldi billing cycle, its NOT Monthly but every 28 Days !!!
    Not knowing this I 'planned' to pay one Phone this fortnight and the other the next but except for the fact they are 2 weeks apart, that's gone out the window.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

I shifted my missus over to Belong last night, pretty painless. Even better is they accept Paypal, so set a recurring payment up and she is on the $10 plan.

I will move the mother in law over as well, whether she likes it or not as she spends a fortune on telstra pre paid.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    While it not of great import, I got 'caught' with the Aldi billing cycle, its NOT Monthly but every 28 Days !!!
    You sure Gordon, as on their website it says " All our Value Packs have 30 days expiry. "

I notice Aldi also only allows 30 gig of data banking.....including on their 30 gig plan

Premium Member

Thanks

While the SIM cards are 30 days expiry, I can assure you the Billing is every 4 weeks as I have paid (12th) my next $15.
    I activated one phone the day after Pension Day and Pension Day was last Thursday (6 Sept) and I have just paid (12th) the Monthly bill.
    I am on the $15 'Value Packs' that earlier (November 2017) had 500Mb of data plus a 'Bonus' of 1GB.
    What Data was NOT used that Month, it rolled over to the next BUT if it wasnt used in that Month, You lost it.
    During February I think it was, the 1 GB 'Bonus' was made permanent so now you bought 1.5GB of Data each Month. This change affected all the Aldi plans.
    Then about 6 weeks ago they announced that from 'My Next Recharge'. any Data NOT used would still 'Roll Over' into the next Month and up to 30 GB could be accumulated.

Premium Member

Thanks

In line with your plans to reduce your Mother's Phone bill. I have kept the landline to allow anyone to call me for the time being and that costs me $42.95 less rebate = $39.95.
    I could go cheaper rental BUT the call costs do increase and I believe ALL Calls (Local and otherwise) are TIMED at 20 Cents a Minute I Think.......and I aint gunna pay THAT....
    We make all our outgoing calls on the Mobile so with the land line at $39.95 and the Mobile at $15, I have cut my previous monthly costs to around HALF............
    So even with the second Mobile at $15 a Month added on, I am still $30 in front.
    When my Wife goes out, she takes one Mobile with her leaving me with the other to call her or whoever if I need too.
    I am sure you will be able to work out something to suit your Mother and save her Money as well.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 13-09-18 at 05:47 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Firstly I must apologise for my GROSS STUPIDITY in working out the Billing dates.
    The Billing is the SAME as the expiry, 30 Day cycle!

Its the Pension that is 28 Days and thats where I got stuffed up............So every 'Month' I have to add 2 days to when the Bill is due..............