Thread: Hills PE beam Wiring - Have I stuffed up - Please help

Thanks

Default Hills PE beam Wiring - Have I stuffed up - Please help

Hi Everyone. I have a Hills PE beam protecting a very open area on my alfresco. It has always worked, but during some backyard blitzing, a bobcat ripped out the wires. I tried re wiring it in but something is wrong. When I walk past the PE beam the internal buzzer sounds, showing that it is working between the TX and RX units. So they are both getting power, and the wiring between the two is correct.

There is then one wire from the panel, and a resistor in the TX unit. I am not sure about these.

When I walk past it the sensors, it no longer trips my alarm system and sets it off. Also when I walk test the sensor, it does not trip. But at all times when I walk through the PE beams the little internal buzzer sounds. So there must be an issue communicating back to the panel. The zone is not bypassed (I have checked)

Attached is a photo of how the TX unit is wired. I think the last yellow wire (see photo) and the resistor are the issue, on the second green wiring block. The top green wiring block which have the +, -, and the green wire travel to the RX unit and wire up in the same spot on the RX unit. The RX unit only has the one green block for the 3 wires.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I may have done wrong in wiring up the second green block on the TX side ? Hopefully the attached photo will help you, help me. My suspicion is either the yellow wire is going in the wrong spot, or the resistor is going in the wrong spot.

Thanks for any help in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

Look Here ->
    Thanks

resistor should go tamper to tamper, yellow and green should go to contacts, providing you are using tamper sw

Thanks

I cant seem to work it out. Might need to get someone in who knows how to wire them.