Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "FREE" No Call Register offer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Naaah...got over that years ago. I regard them as a disease.
    Yeah, been annoyed with them to the point beating the shit out of any I could ever be lucky to get a hold of.

In my book, they are only one step less offensive than the bottom of the low lifes, the ones that write computer Viruses. I don't know I could shoot them dead ( although if you got me in the middle of trying to clean my machine of their crap, no problem) but I could gleefully and therapeutically smash their fingers to a pulp with a ball Pein hammer so they could never screw anyone over again with their crimes against humanity.

Just makes me wonder what sort of Pieces of shit do these things. Lucky for them we'll probably never come face to face for me to find out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Yeah, been annoyed with them to the point beating the shit out of any I could ever be lucky to get a hold of.

In my book, they are only one step less offensive than the bottom of the low lifes, the ones that write computer Viruses. I don't know I could shoot them dead ( although if you got me in the middle of trying to clean my machine of their crap, no problem) but I could gleefully and therapeutically smash their fingers to a pulp with a ball Pein hammer so they could never screw anyone over again with their crimes against humanity.

Just makes me wonder what sort of Pieces of shit do these things. Lucky for them we'll probably never come face to face for me to find out.
    Organised crime, government agencies, and smart arse kids, would cover a fair percentage.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I'm not like your average person. I can listen to a phone ring without being impelled to answer it. All my calls, unless its a number I know, will go to messagebank. If they want to talk, they leave a message and ill ring back. Now with getting the NBN on shortly and our current provider contract running until next year, I don't think I'll keep the phone on after the contract finishes. Anyway, I can't remember the last time some scammer rang me.
    Looks like we are both not the average person Keith.

I never answer the phone. I have a home phone that has a voip number that basically the only person who ever rings ( or knows the number) is my mother in law. So I dont answer it.

I rarely ever answer my mobile. People ask me why I have one, as I never answer calls and make about 2 calls a month. I have a new(ish) smart phone for its excellent camera capabilities and because it is basically a mini computer. I prefer to receive SMS or Email........its , you can guarantee that when someone rings it will be at the worst possible time. SMS or Email you can reply to at your leisure.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (25-09-18),gulliver (25-09-18),Keith (25-09-18),OSIRUS (25-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

I rarely ever answer my mobile.
    I prefer to receive SMS or Email........
    Your outlook belies your age. :0)

My daughter and many of her friends think it's " uncool" to actually answer a call. That's old fashioned or something.
    What you do these days is send 20 messages through face waste to organise something with friends that could have been done in 10 sec in a phone call!

Sending emails is also old hat apparently. All has to be done through face waste or some other 3rd party SM site.

I have an acquaintance from way back ( not really a friend, more like a hanger on that annoys me and I can't get rid of despite being rude) that always tries to contact me though face waste. Ok bloke but bore you to tears with the same old thing every time. He is keen for me to be a local agent for his business. I have zero interest but he keeps trying to change my mind. He is not after money, pretty much the opposite in fact, but just sees me as someone reliable and trustworthy ( there's a mistake!) who could make money out it for us both which is probably true, but again, it's something I would be bored with and have no motivation for regardless of it being potentially profitable.

When he does accidentally get onto me, he whines I never reply to him. I tell him if you expect me to use that retarded messenger crap and Fk around like a 15yo, you'll never get a reply. Send me an email or don't effing bother.

He still sends me things through messenger so I continue to have a good and upfront reason to ignore him. :0)

I recently advertised a couple of Jobs. I got a number of people emailing me asking if I had a faceboob account so they could message me their Resume's.
    WTF??
    No need to send me anything, you just failed the interview and are clearly NOT the person I am looking for.

Other one I got plenty of was " Hi, I'm interested in the position you have advertised, can you contact me on 123 xxx or at noeffingclue@thickas2bricks.com."
    You are too lazy to ring or email me but think I should Contact you to potentially offer YOU a job? I'm sorry but clearly I have not discovered the same mind altering hallucinogenic substances you have been consuming copious amounts of!

There is a reason unemployment is high. It's because only an idiot would hire 50% or more of the people out there!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

admin (25-09-18),alpha0ne (25-09-18),enf (27-09-18),hinekadon (25-09-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Yeah, I am not a social media person, so get what you are saying. I am somewhere in between the 2 groups.

I wouldn't have a Facebook account if I was paid to, having said that I can see why people do in regards to relatives for example, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents even that you would struggle to stay in contact with otherwise.

Having said that, the amount of people that think Facebook Messenger, Crapple Facetime or Skype are a compulsory form of communication are dreaming.

Re : Jobs , realistically email is the medium that should be used because you need to send a resume most of the time. Not too many people are going to post one and personally delivering one isn't practical if you are already employed and cant get time off or the job is a move for you and its a fair drive or something.

But yes, young people are clueless as hell when it comes to how you get a job. I am trying to get my son to get a new job and explained its pretty simple........you need to be more intelligent than the other moron going for it. Because half this country now comprises imbeciles, there is a good chance that you are smarter than the other dill.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Back in the bad old days, when I would submit a resume and I did not have the time to deliver it personally, I'd use one of those strange things called an "Envelope" to which was attached another strange thing called a "Stamp". Strangely enough, that usually got me an interview.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (27-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

I wouldn't have a Facebook account if I was paid to,
    While I think it is utter garbage, I have an account simply because there are so many people that think it is the only form of communication and I need to have an account at least to say email me or get back to them for a phone number. It's retarded but people have become obsessed with it.

Having said that, the amount of people that think Facebook Messenger, Crapple Facetime or Skype are a compulsory form of communication are dreaming.
    Oh please, don't get me started! They can email, text or ring you direct but instead, they Fk around sending simple messages through 3rd party sites like the only other option is carrier pigeon. For those of us with a brain that don't live with a phone in our hands to check if our brainless friends have taken a crap in the last 5 Minutes, we then have to log on to our " accounts" on one of these sites just to find the info we may or may not need to see. UgggHHH!

Re : Jobs , realistically email is the medium that should be used because you need to send a resume most of the time. Not too many people are going to post one and personally delivering one isn't practical if you are already employed and cant get time off or the job is a move for you and its a fair drive or something.
    I like email. It can sit there till I'm ready to read it and get back to people easily. It does not disturb me when I'm in the middle of something and for a lot of the people that live with their phones closer than their own toes at all times, I can usually get a fast response to replys when I do send them. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I am trying to get my son to get a new job and explained its pretty simple........you need to be more intelligent than the other moron going for it. Because half this country now comprises imbeciles, there is a good chance that you are smarter than the other dill.
    No, I don't even think more intelligent but it sure helps. All you have to do these days is look like you learned how to dress and present yourself half decent which is better than 99% of people. You see them on TV walking out of court dressed worse than when I go to a mates place to help him work on his old tractor!

My son ( and Daughter) got every job he ever applied for, and there were a few. Several he decided were not what he was after and left always on good terms. The employers always told him if he wanted to come back, they would make a position for him if they didn't have an opening.

I had him wear his suit even to his first interview at KFC when he was finishing High school. He went on about it being over the top and no one did that but under great sufferance, did as he was told and got the job. Manager straight out told him, he was the best dressed applicant she had ever interviewed.
    Another time he went for a job in the building industry after leaving school. Turned up at the appropriate time, 5 min early ( ON time being something else so many don't seem to have the brains to do) and found a bunch of people there waiting to go in. Told he would be called in order.

Bloke comes out about 15 Min later, thanks those there for coming and says he'll try to get through everyone as soon as possible. Looks around and sees my son and asks if he is there for the Job or something else. He says no, I'm here for an interview for the xxx position. Guy says OK, come on through. Son says I think that guy was before me. Guy says that's fine, come in. Spends 5 Min with son, excuses himself, walks out and thanks everyone for coming, tells them position has been filled and if anything else comes up he'll let them know. Walks back into my son and says when you want to start?
    My son was surprised and asks, " You are not going to interview anyone else?" guy says nope. Son says an I ask why not? Guy says Seen all I need to. They all look like Bums, you look like like you want the job and are serious about it.

My son comes home and tells me what happened and says " I got the job just because of the way I was Dressed Dad, you were right!" Well fancy that!
    Son left after a few months as the position wasn't what he wanted but the guy was fine saying he realised it was beneath him and he needed something more challenging than what he had. They stayed in touch regularly and often caught up for a beer and a chat.

My Kids used to help me and the Mrs run the family business when they were kids which they hated. Truth was we needed the free child labour and they were an assett with a lot of people regularly telling us how nice it was to see a family working together. Was years later before I realised what I put on them at the age they were and how few would have handled it. Another job he got he came home and told me, the owner wasn't all that interested in what I have done in Building, he just kept asking me about what I did in the family business. Told him that sort of experience was a valuable asset to have the insight and experience in dealing with people and being a family business themselves, that was something they had a high respect for..... And he was the best dressed bloke he'd ever seen in 40 years of hiring people. Got that job on the spot as well, paper work filled out before he left, brought uniforms etc home with him.

My Nephew a few years ago was going for a truck Drivers job with a company which he really wanted. Said he didn't really have the experience they were looking for but it was a good job and close to home. Knowing what he normally looked like, I implored him to go to the interview in a suit. He kept telling me no one does that, I'll stand out and look like a dick. I said stand out yes, look like a dick, not to the decision maker you won't.
    He didn't own a suit and didn't want one so he and sister in law go up the shops, buys him a nice jacket, new business shirt and he wears a good pair of dress pants. Also under my threat of death, gets a decent effing haircut. Says he couldn't bring himself to wear a tie but that's close enough. Goes in, is complimented on the way he looks and is in there 45 Min when he'd watched everyone else in and out in 5-10 Min. Gets a call an hour after he gets home, you got the job.
    Who would have seen that coming?

The other thing I see soooo much of is people, I spose " applying" for a job saying " Is the job still available? " Awww Fk me. It's not a listing on face boob for someone selling a chest of Drawers, if the ad was listed yesterday, there's a real good chance it is if you bothered to look.
    Then you get some boring arse resume that is sent with as few clicks of the mouse as possible. They have has less info about the personality of the applicant and as much excitement as a cooking recipe.

The ones I look for are the ones with even a few specific written lines in the header about the job advertised and giving a bit of personal insight and enthusiasm. I really don't give a shit too much if they have experience or not, I can teach them how to do the work, I can't teach them enthusiasm, communication and all the other things the parents should have instilled in them or they have failed in the smarts dept to pick up on themselves. It's the attitude I look for not what they have done in the past.

Just got one that has emailed me the second time. First was the resume with lots of personality but I didn't get back to them as I was waiting on other things to work out when I would be available to talk to them. Now I get another message, sorry to bother you, I sent an email application for the XXX job and haven't heard back. I have attached my resume again just in case the first one didn't go though. I am working these days atm so am free x , x and x, but I can try to change my shift to come in for an interview with some notice to fit around your schedule.

Yeah, unless she has 2 heads or done time in long bay, she's already hired. Must read the resume to see what she has done before! :0)

I picked up a line early in my job hunting days that has always served me well.
    At the top of every application in a bold header I would write " Are you looking for someone for your XXX position that is XXX( experienced) , xxx ( trustworthy) and XXX ( has a knowledge of ABC systems) ?
    Congratulations, You just found them. "

The last job interview I went for I was sitting in front of the guy and he says " can you tell me a bit about yourself and yo0ur experience" I was a bit thrown and said well what did you want to know that is not covered already in my resume? Guy turns around and pulls out a STACK of papers and says Well this is all the applications I have so far and I haven't read any of them. I just read the first line of yours when It was put on my desk and thought if you can present yourself with this much confidence you are the person I want to see. Picked it up, handed it back to my secretary and told her to get this person in. I didn't know if you were a guy or a girl till now actually, and here you are.

Got the job before I walked out. :0)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Going for a job, particularly in the Food or 'Service' (counter) industry, clothing does indeed 'Maketh the Man or Woman' basically because there is no way you want anyone handling food or selling to look like something the Dog found and has buried several times.

Interviews for vacancy's didnt exist in my work but were being introduced in the last few years before I finished up and I have no idea how I would handle 'What can you bring to the position' as I have very few personalty traits for me to answer such a query.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

It was years before I learnt how to present myself for a job interview. My kids did not miss out on that side of things. They've all done very well for themselves and have been headhunted because of their presentation. At 13, my eldest was given a $50.00 tip by one of his customers because of his attitude. Always there at 0700 selling papers on the side of the road with a smile. That was back in the early 90s. As a good friend used to say "Your attitude determines your altitude". So true!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    "Your attitude determines your altitude".
    The way I am these days with my outlook and attitude, it's a wonder My altitude reaches standing upright most days.

:0(

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12