Thread: Brisbane Mt Cootha Dtt Bands and Freqs.

Thanks

Default Brisbane Mt Cootha Dtt Bands and Freqs.

Hi There.

Can someone tell me what Bands and Freqs are in use at this time via Mt Cootha in Brisbane for Digital Freeview Television.
    I'm just in the motion of helping a mate out with an Antenna System and would like to know what type of antenna configuration I would be requiring.

My mate is in the Indooroopilly area - which is about 4.5km from Mt Cootha.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

MOUNT COOT-THA

All horizontally polarised

TVQ Ten 219.500MHz

ABC ABC 226.500MHz

SBS SBS 184.500MHz

BTQ Seven Network 177.500MHz

QTQ Nine Network 191.625MHz

Thanks

For Mt Coot-tha signal use only VHF ant mounted in the horizontal plane. Most sigs, incl SBS, are coming out of the ch 10 tower if you can see it. TXA has State HQ under the TEN tower. Also from there the tx of DAB+ as well as 2 FM'ers. MMM & B105. Also note you have option of infill from North side (Bald Knob) and south side 'Brisabane South East'(Beenleigh/Ormeau mount in vert plane), UHF ant.

Cheers
    Hos Here

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Thanks for your replies - Awesome.. Should be able to sort my mate out no problem now.
    So nothing on the UHF band then - All VHF, Very Interesting.
    Quite different from our DTT back in NZ - Out VHF went down with the Analog Shutdown a few years back.. DTT was rolled out on UHF only.

Cheers:

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Rentakill, when Digital was introduced, the 'Grand Plan' was for the Metro areas (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth) to remain on the VHF band and all others go UHF.
    For some odd reason, this has NOT been the case with VHF being used in some Regional/Rural areas.
    The other part of the plan was to use one instead of 2 UHF bands which was done late October 2014.
    During the transition from Analog to Digital, both services were broadcast simultaneously and in most cases, the old analog channel was shut down but might have been reused later when the 'Retune' took place.

I still cant work out how they arrived as the displayed channel numbering system that got just a tad confusing with the TEN network now being carried by the WIN network who for years was known for its affiliation with the NINE Network.

So for future reference, no matter where you may be or want to assist someone, you need to check the Myswitch Site to see just what is used and from where.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!