Thread: HST2 Signal Analyser

Thanks

Default HST2 Signal Analyser

Hi guys and gals,

Picked up one of these dirt cheap and see that it can do DTV-B ok. I'm vaguely aware that it's possible to get firmware updates for this and that there is PC software called SMART that exists for it. As I understand it Hills provide the license key free nowadays, but I've been unable to find the device or the software anywhere on their web site.

If some kind soul has this or knows who to ask or where to check for these things, I'd really appreciate it. I'm particularly after a MEM file with DTV-B channels, any firmware updates (mine is HST-2 HW 1.02 FW 1.34 B 1.1 Serial No. 9538)

Any and all help appreciated. I'm going to use it for DTV-B including Ham channels etc. I'm aware it can only do basic sat stuff without upgrades (HW and FW as I understand it)

Regards

Geoff

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I think you might mean DVB-T

The HST2 is a re-badged Roversat ST-2 so you might find some info under that.

It's MPEG2 only.

Being a discontinued model and no longer supported, you might need to contact Hills directly.

EDIT: I found a manual for the Roversat model.

Thanks

DVB-T is correct, sorry, age related dyslexia setting in perhaps.

I found some threads on here about it dating to about 2010 and the fact it was a rebadged Roversat box got mentioned.

I'll see what Hills have to say,

Thanks

Geoff

Thanks

Well, for anyone else that has one of these, don't bother Hills about it.

The Roversat site at has the most recent FW version (1.5) and the SMART PC application available in their download area. As has been pointed out by others, the Hills HST2 is simply a rebadged Roversat ST2 and the Roversat firmware for that model and their version of the SMART PC software works just fine with it.

You need to register on their site, but it's free and it seems that the SMART PC software no longer requires an individual license.

Installed on an Acer Laptop running Win10 Pro without any issues, including the port drivers (USB to serial emulation I think).

Updated the FW and was able to mess with files and so on and display the instrument screen on the PC etc. These are a little limited for commercial use these days, they won't do VAST for instance, without HW and FW updates, but they do analogue and digital terrestrial just fine and I think they can do basic sat stuff like sig strength, possibly BER and MER too, so probably still useful for dish aiming I guess and Hams using analogue or digital for Amateur TV would find them a great bit of kit I'm sure.

Cheers

Geoff