Anyone else having trouble with 3900H on IS19?

I have received it for a couple of years at an acceptable level, but some time back it started to misbehave…..finally I lost it completely, with the exception of the occasional short-lived flash of S&Q.

This arvo was the perfect wx for dish work, so I got up and played with the LNB (dual-output Satking), painfully adjusting it in both axes.

I also tilted the dish in Az and El by hand, just to make sure nothing had come adrift there.

Finally, I replaced the LNB with a new one of the same type.

In the absence of a squeak out of 3900H, I peaked everything up to 3940H, getting SS of 79-82 dBuV, and CN and MER of around 8dB or better.

At that setting I was still only able to get the occasional flash of green from 3900H, and very occasional pixellated video which immediately froze on the screen.

I notice that the FEC for 3900H is 2/3, as opposed to 7/8 for 3940H, and the C/N Lock figure for 3900H is 6.6, against a figure of 7.2 for 3940H on Lyngsat.

So all the numbers say it should be easier to receive…but it ain’t so….not here, anyway.

I notice that on the Satbeams footprints, my location, NE Vic, is right on the borderline between 2.3m and 2.7m dish (mine is a 2.3m mesh) for the Western Hemi beam……but then both 3900H and 3940H are on that beam.

Just wondering if the beam has drifted a bit, or if this particular transponder (WH10C) has been dropped in power.

Any other thoughts?