Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 Poor Keyfob Range; Suggestions?

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 6000 Poor Keyfob Range; Suggestions?

Hi all

Our Bosch Sol 6000 with premium keyfob remote(s) has always struggled with poor range and what feels like intermittent strength in receptivity (to the point where the wife now refuses to put on the alarm when leaving the house because she struggles to engage and refuses to force on using the keypad).

I've replaced both keyfob batteries with new, which has not improved result.

Two red flags immediately come to mind:
    1. The receiver is mounted inside an upstairs closet cupboard; The cupboard doors are sliding mirror -wondering if the mirror doors affect RF signal travel?
    2. The antennas at receiver are both mounted vertically. The manual suggests the preferred configuration with one antenna up and one sideways for polar diversity.

I'm thinking I relocate the receiver outside of the closet, high up a bedroom wall (not ideal in terms of visibility) but at least the receiver is better out in the open. And secondly, change the antenna to polar diversity.

Anything else I can try? Any other suggestions.

Here's a pic of the keyfobs & receiver is a RF3212E RF serial receiver.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I've powered down the system, pulling panel and battery backup - have moved the receiver outside of closet, changed the polarity of antenna and it's working a treat.

The clicker now works from as far away as across the street in neighbour's yard, where it wasn't even working directly from the front of our place.

The only mistake I made was snapping the plastic pin on the underside of the receiver casing (so it won't stay closed) without a bit of tape - or trips the tamper pin. I'll need to source a replacement casing if one exists. Could always transfer to a project box or dab of supa glue, which isn't exactly pro.

Thanks

I would of tried just the antenna config first to see if that worked. I always do one out top and one out side.
    But all good that it is working better for you.
    Try putting a little screw in the bottom of the lid to keep it shut. I think there is already a designed spot where a screw can go from memory,

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

th37sk (09-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    I would of tried just the antenna config first to see if that worked. I always do one out top and one out side.
    But all good that it is working better for you.
    Try putting a little screw in the bottom of the lid to keep it shut. I think there is already a designed spot where a screw can go from memory,
    Cheers secure. I would've tried just the antenna change but the installer put the unit directly left of a utilised power outlet. I could've moved it up and over to accommodate the right antenna but I figured since I'm already going to the trouble to move it, I may as well just relocate it outside of the closet.

Thanks for the screw tip. Will give it a go.

Thanks

Screw worked a treat. Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to th37sk For This Useful Post:

secure (10-10-18)