Thread: Today's moron/lowlife/oxygen thief

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Default Today's moron/lowlife/oxygen thief

It wasn't me, it was the kid

Just when you think you have heard every excuse...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

eaglem (12-10-18),enf (12-10-18),mtv (12-10-18)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

The kid was driving! Oh! That's all right then.................GIVE ME A BREAK! Why wasn't he locked up immediately! If he were wandering around with a loaded weapon (which, in fact, is what a car is) he'd be waiting in a small room with a view. At least he'd have a choice of Bars............to look through.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (12-10-18),enf (12-10-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Fully concur. Immediately locked up.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The article neglects to state the age of the 'Child' and was 'he/she' able to reach the pedals?
    As no mention of the vehicle being fitted with auxiliary controls, if the 'Child' was unable to reach the pedals, that immediately removes the claim by the adult that the 'Child' was driving just because they had their hands on the steering wheel.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

LSemmens
    Thanks

My thinking again, in situations where the driver is incapacitated and behind the wheel (i.e. pissed as a newt or high as a kite) immediate forfeiture of vehicle! Regardless of who owns it. Unless, of course, the vehicle has bee reported as stolen and evidence is clear that it has been so.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    My thinking again, in situations where the driver is incapacitated and behind the wheel (i.e. pissed as a newt or high as a kite) immediate forfeiture of vehicle! Regardless of who owns it. Unless, of course, the vehicle has bee reported as stolen and evidence is clear that it has been so.
    Gee that's a bit harsh, you lend a car to a guy/girl who is perfectly sober, he/she then goes and gets pissed or bent and drives it, and you lose your car, now admittedly you would like to think you would know the guy/girl well enough to know his/her habits, but that isn't always going to be the case...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-10-18),enf (12-10-18),gulliver (13-10-18),Tiny (17-10-18)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Trouble is that some leftist magistrate will buy it!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (12-10-18),VroomVroom (15-10-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Gee that's a bit harsh, you lend a car to a guy/girl who is perfectly sober, he/she then goes and gets pissed or bent and drives it, and you lose your car, now admittedly you would like to think you would know the guy/girl well enough to know his/her habits, but that isn't always going to be the case...
    I agree, but the current situation ain't working, and, generally, you do know your mates. If your mate needs to borrow you car for a night out then there is likely to be a problem anyway. How many friends have you got that are likely to abuse your friendship by risking you car anyway? If your mates are that bad, then you deserve what you get. If mate does get caught, if he is a true mate, then he'd be busting a gut to recompense you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Gee that's a bit harsh, you lend a car to a guy/girl who is perfectly sober, he/she then goes and gets pissed or bent and drives it, and you lose your car,
    Maybe I just don't have enough mates but I can't ever remember any of mine wanting to borrow my car to go out or in fact for more than a night in case of their breaking down.
    The frequency of people borrowing cars I think would be very small and in any case, the same sort of risks apply whenever you lend a car. If they are caught hooning, they loose YOUR car. They get involved in a hit and run, you are deep in shit AND could loose the car while they examine it for or as evidence. The list goes on.

Only times of any consequence mate wanted to borrow my car, was when I was in it to give them a hand with whatever they needed it for in the first place.
    No one has ever just causally borrowed one.

Maybe it's not a lack of mates I have never to see this problem, it's the decent quality of the close knit circle of mates I have that has made is seem unlikely in the extreme.

Thanks

You are worried about one moron/oxygen thief - geeezzz I live in a town full of them that don't give a damn about anything. We are breeding these people today. They are NOT responsible for their actions. Of course it was the kid's fault!!! Save us, save us.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I agree, but the current situation ain't working, and, generally, you do know your mates. If your mate needs to borrow you car for a night out then there is likely to be a problem anyway. How many friends have you got that are likely to abuse your friendship by risking you car anyway? If your mates are that bad, then you deserve what you get. If mate does get caught, if he is a true mate, then he'd be busting a gut to recompense you.
    I must be going senile, I can’t see where I used the word “mate” even once in my post?

And the same goes for you, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Maybe I just don't have enough mates but I can't ever remember any of mine wanting to borrow my car to go out or in fact for more than a night in case of their breaking down.
    Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    The frequency of people borrowing cars I think would be very small and in any case, the same sort of risks apply whenever you lend a car. If they are caught hooning, they loose YOUR car. They get involved in a hit and run, you are deep in shit AND could loose the car while they examine it for or as evidence. The list goes on. Only times of any consequence mate wanted to borrow my car, was when I was in it to give them a hand with whatever they needed it for in the first place.
    No one has ever just causally borrowed one. Maybe it's not a lack of mates I have never to see this problem, it's the decent quality of the close knit circle of mates I have that has made is seem unlikely in the extreme.
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 17-10-18 at 01:44 AM.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Premium Member
    Thanks

And I have lent my cars to friends and family plenty of times, with no qualms whatsoever, to me it sounds like some would put personal property above the value of friendship and family, so be it, that’s your choice, maybe I just have a different set of values to others in this world....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-10-18),Tiny (17-10-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks

If you lend your car to a guy or girl without knowing what they are likely to get up to, you deserve what you get. I'd assume that if you did lend your car to them that they were, in fact, mates. FWIW I'd happily lend my car to any of my friends. If I did not know them well, then I'd offer to drive them to their destination.

Premium Member

Thanks

This hasnt worked when you remember back a year or so where a Doctor took his car to be serviced and one of the Garage staff did something stupid and the car was confiscated for 3 months.

I agree with Confiscation in general but not where the vehicles owner had no part or knowledge that the vehicle was being used in a manner making it liable to this penalty.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (17-10-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

If you lend your car to a guy or girl without knowing what they are likely to get up to, you deserve what you get. I'd assume that if you did lend your car to them that they were, in fact, mates. FWIW I'd happily lend my car to any of my friends. If I did not know them well, then I'd offer to drive them to their destination.
    Have never had a problem, though, of course, I'm not a mind reader either, so I don't know what nefarious acts they may be planning to get up to, but I guess you must be as it appears you likely "know" what anybody you lend your car to is going to get up to, that is, of course, until you don't.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (17-10-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I will have to remember that in "your world", the next time I lend my axe to the neighbour, and she decides to hack her old man to pieces, I will be guilty of murder.....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (18-10-18),Tiny (17-10-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

I will have to remember that in "your world", the next time I lend my axe to the neighbour, and she decides to hack her old man to pieces, I will be guilty of murder.....
    Maybe not for Murder maybe but if the neighbour said jokingly they intended to use the axe for something other than chopping wood and then went and did the nefarious deed, its possible you could be considered of having 'knowledge before the act' ..............

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Which drug was he using?

I got to get some of that shit !
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.