Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 - Alarm on boot up

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 6000 - Alarm on boot up

Hi there,

I am trying to install a Solution 6000 (replacing old Solution 862). I have setup all PIRs and reeds, and when I boot without sirens/screamers installed, everything appears to be ok. Once I connect the outdoor siren and indoor screamer, it starts screaming on boot while initialising BIOS, so I cannot stop it (I haven't left it long enough to wait for it to boot properly, as I assumed something is still wrong).

What would I be missing? Can the indoor screamer work without a resistor? Previous 862 doesn't appear to require it, but not sure if 6000 requires it or just for supervision.

What do you suggest I try?

Thanks

EDIT:

So it appears to be something with the tamper switch. Every time I restart the panel, it trips, even though the panel door is shut and the switch appears to be connected properly. I have disabled it for now. I have connected 1 screamer (no outdoor siren) and it booted relatively normal (still system trouble due to outdoor siren).

Question about the screamers - the old 862 setup had 2 indoor screamers. If still using both, do I need 1 or 2 resistors? If 1 resistor, can I connect the resistor near the panel side? Are they polarity dependant?

Thanks
    Last edited by the_apostle21; 12-10-18 at 04:49 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Just power up with sirens disconnected. Once all alarms have been acknowledge/disarmed, connect in the sirens and close panel.
    The int siren will work without resistor. But you may get a faint siren noise emitted from the int siren, which is why you need the resistor.
    You will only need 1 resistor and polarity doesn't matter for a resistor and can go panel side across the output.

If sirens are disconnected for testing alarm, put a resistor across outdoor and int sirens outputs to prevent the trouble fault.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Just power up with sirens disconnected. Once all alarms have been acknowledge/disarmed, connect in the sirens and close panel.
    The int siren will work without resistor. But you may get a faint siren noise emitted from the int siren, which is why you need the resistor.
    You will only need 1 resistor and polarity doesn't matter for a resistor and can go panel side across the output.

If sirens are disconnected for testing alarm, put a resistor across outdoor and int sirens outputs to prevent the trouble fault.

Thanks secure. For the polarity, I was referring to the actual siren, but I tested both ways and they appear to be orientation dependant.

For the wiring of the resistor on the internal siren, is it supposed to be inline like the rest? I have tried this and I get the hum noise emitting constantly, and testing the siren like this does not make noise, but without the resistor it works fine. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for these?

I didn't know I could trick the panel by using the resistor. I will try that also.

Thanks again.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_apostle21 View Post
    .....Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for these?...
    Simple.

Search engine.

Thanks

12 volt sirens will be polarity dependant.
    The resistor will go across pos and neg.
    Manuals should of come with panel board and have a diagram for connections.