Thread: Bauhn TV loosing its Memory?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Bauhn TV loosing its Memory?

For the second time yesterday, the TV at the foot of the Bed seems to have lost its channel listing.
    When she turned it on this morning to watch the News etc while she was having Breakfast, the damned thing said there were no channels available.

I had to access Source and chose DTV (Digital only Tuner), and when the box appears, select Search and off it goes.

Because of the price of this size TV new, I dont think its worth the cost of repairing as this one is I think about 4 years old?

One other problem occurred the other day was that you could only change channels in ONE Direction (Down) !!!, however after this mornings hiccup, it its changing channels in both directions.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

EVERY time I go up to my Holiday house on the Mid north coast, the TV there says new channels found and I have to do a search update thing.
    Might only been a week or two between visits and it wants to do them. They must be putting a LOT of new channels on in the country or the thing is suffering from Old timers as well.

Perhaps with your TV there is a backup battery or cap somewhere that's gone astray? How old is the set?

If it's a Common problem you may be able to google the model number and come up with an answer.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

It did it again this morning so it aint gunna come good by ignoring it so its either repair and replace.
    The annoying thing is it was the last TV bought and the tuner can receive MPEG4 along with a DVD player that has had very minimal use.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Ring Bauhn on the number provided on your user manual.
    If it's a known fault they may send you a new part for free. I had a Bauhn TV that had a common fault for that model and they sent me the updated main board. Years later and it's still working well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to loopyloo For This Useful Post:

tristen (17-10-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I agree with that course of action.

The first thing to do in all such cases, is contact the distributor/manufacturer.

If no joy, then use other resources.