Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthing....is this legal?

Thanks

I recall some chargers were recalled by the ACCC recently where the earth was not connected ,

Maybe worth a search on their website

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

It is stuff like this which only furthers my resolve not to buy cheap china junk.
    The thing you're up against is that the majority of people buy on price.
    Those who don't know any better will look at a product and as long as it looks the part they'll buy it because they think they're getting a better deal because it's cheaper.
    Trouble is by doing this they're simply encouraging china to produce more of this crap.

I've seen similar things here in NZ, but I think our border controls and electrical standards people are pretty on to it now because I've not seen anything as dodgy
    as this for some time.
    Here, sellers of all 'medium risk' electrical devices require an sDoc (supplier declaration of conformity) and if you don't have one you can really get in the poo.
    I just looked up the reference to it and interestingly it says "Most medium risk products are also (high risk) “declared articles” in Australia."
    I don't know what a high risk declared article is over there - perhaps someone might enlighten me.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12