Thread: Our Next Foreign Minister Is SO Inclusive and Non Racist

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Default Our Next Foreign Minister Is SO Inclusive and Non Racist

She'll definitely look after all Australians....

It’s not OK to be white, croon to the Rolling Stones or sing about kung-fu fighting

11:00PM October 17, 2018
    55 Comments

It’s not OK to be white because of Nazis. Labor senator Penny Wong, October 16:

(You can’t say ‘it’s OK to be white’ #because this) … is a phrase created by white, right-wing extremist groups in the US … to help convert people to the cause of the neo-Nazis and … the Ku Klux Klan.

What it’s not OK to sing, Maeve McDermott, USA Today, April 12:
    Read Next

CUT AND PASTE
    It’s not OK to be white

(It’s not OK to sing) Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas, 1974 … (because) its lyrics about “funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown” with stereotypically Asian-sounding last names isn’t exactly a nuanced appreciation of the culture. Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones, 1971 … the racism, misogyny and outright references to raping slaves make this a low point in the Stones’ discography. Under My Thumb by the Rolling Stones, 1966 … Another disgusting entry in the Stones’ songbook, the song … is an embarrassment for even existing. Ur So Gay by Katy Perry, 2007. Choice lyric: “I can’t believe I fell in love with someone that wears more makeup” … If Perry’s I Kissed A Girl was borderline gross for its exploitative take on same-sex experimentation, Ur So Gay crosses the line with its deeply immature … gay stereotypes, driven home by the use of the word as a slur …. Do They Know It’s Christmas? by the Band Aid choir, 1984 … Possibly the most culturally insensitive Christmas song of all time … a song that declares the entire continent of Africa is bereft of water, trees or joy.

Is Pauline a white supremacist? The Today Show, Channel 9, yesterday:

Host Karl Stefanovic: Are you a white supremacist?

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson: Definitely not … It’s absolutely ridiculous to connect me with that … What I said is (about) the deplorable rise of racism towards the whites, white #society … protecting Western civilisation, and it’s OK to be white. If I’d … said … it’s OK to be black, there wouldn’t have been one word about it … People out there are pushing this feeling … (of being) sorry for what the whites have done to people in this #nation. I think it’s disgusting … We’re all Australians together. And I’m fed up with it and so is the majority of Australians … It’s like climate change. If you say anything about climate change or are anti their agenda, you are held down and criticised … People have a right to have an opinion and have a say. That’s what … Western civilisation gives us. If we don’t speak up against this they will actually suppress us. I won’t let it happen.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-10-18),gulliver (19-10-18)

Look Here ->