Thread: New Australian antipiracy law targets search engine takedowns

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default New Australian antipiracy law targets search engine takedowns

Look Here ->
    Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

It'll go in one O & out the other with Google.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-10-18)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

It makes one wonder if all this bull about copyright is worth it .If you invent something you try to protect your time with patent or copy right . but thru out history , if someone want to make a buck out of it they will find a way ,chinna today jappa yesterday koro in the mean time and heaps of others , why bother ???? Actually you are trying to sell physics to the world to make a buck , hooray for you , but are you contributing to society as a whole? or trying to rip society of from the education that history has given to the world civilisation. Greed seems to raise its ugly head every time there is a "new"something and heaps of others want a bit of the action MONEY .Where as there must be a better way for the clever manipulators of history to have a decent living without the legal profession living off it as well? Then theres the pollies who want to have a say in its use so they can feather their own nests and judge it "make sure its safe for the public to know about it" is this a real world ??? I ask you as I think not!!!!after all there is nothing "new" all inventions are just a change to the existing by manipulation of history . music composition is just a manipulation of the same set of notes previously played at a different time , hardly "new " is it . so where to from here , ban copyright and patents and everyone contribute to society for the pleasure of it and not for greed .
    '

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

The thing about patents and copyright, they only protect the owner if they choose to pursue it. Why governments are doing copyright owner's jobs is beyond me.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-10-18),ol' boy (19-10-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Well, if Immigration is anything to go by..... The copyright infringers will be fine.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 19-10-18 at 11:41 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

RedXT (19-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Copyright like anything else is geared to the big players who really don't need the money or the protection.

I am in an industry that is full of one many bands whom create copyrighted material for a living. Every single day some major Company rips things off and uses BS excuses or just their financial might to screw the little guy over. they know they can't afford nor is it worth the fortune the big guys can put up to persue the matter so they get away with it. Same thing in reverse with copyright.
    The guy downloading movies or software makes NO difference to their bottom line. They just want to be greedy pricks and make a song and dance about nothing. Someone Burning movies and selling them, different thing but whee there is no profit concerned, I think it's a load of BS.

There is none of the " taking money away from the little guy trying to get ahead" because the biggest threat to him is the big companies that will look for every which way to screw him over. The little guy alos doesen't have the reach or market penetration to be ripped off because no one knows about him till a big company takes him on, promotes them and takes the lion share of the profits they make.

I love the crap in the article about Australian jobs and economy and referencing Australian movies. time the movie is made, everyone has been paid. the only thing that - might- suffer is the studios profits but I think that's highly negligble anyway.

There is one thing that seems to have a big loophole in this..... It's an Australian Gubbermint law with google being targeted. Last time I looked Google was a US company and therfore out of the jurisdiction of OZ law. I'm sure google will pay the lip service this BS requires and carry on as usual knowing it's really a toothless tiger.

Nice the gubbermint wants to appease big bix movie companies but if the little guy paints a picture and Telstra or some other entitiy rips it off, as they have done and more than once, then the gubbermint thows their hands up and tells the little guy it's a civil case and it's up to them to persue the matter. You won't even get fair trading to give you any help.

Premium Member

Thanks

Village Roadshow and Graham Burke can go and get F**ked. This arsehole monopoly company has been overcharging
    and gouging Australians for years. And they wonder why people won't pay their massive prices...sheeesh wot a load of shit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The thing about patents and copyright, they only protect the owner if they choose to pursue it. Why governments are doing copyright owner's jobs is beyond me.
    There are laws made by the government against damaging/destroying someone’s tangible property. Laws that can only be enforced if the owner makes a complaint.

Laws made against copyright are essentially no different, albeit they are against something intangible. They can also only be acted upon if the owner makes a complaint.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Most breaches of copyright are not criminal offences and the copyright owner must sue the infringer if they wish to pursue the matter.

Crimes such as theft, larceny and the like simply do not apply to copyright, though simplistic ad campaigns seek to equate copyright infringement with larceny in the public eye, simply for the sake of simplicity. They attempt to attach the stigma of theft to copyright infringement. I cannot publicly condone copyright infringement and certainly don't wish to encourage people to infringe. However, in my view copyright and other intellectual property laws have ceased to serve either the public interest or the interest of actual creators. They now largely fail to protect creators from the predatory behaviour of usually large corporate "rights holders" and provide a monopoly to these rights-holders extending for a ridiculous amount of time. We should have such laws but they are long overdue for review and reform.
    Last edited by DB44; 19-10-18 at 04:00 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (19-10-18)