Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Land Acknowledgments, Tradition Owners - Blah Blah

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

In the 70s it was said, How do you find a aboriginal sacred site, with a Geiger counter
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-10-18),DB44 (26-10-18),enf (26-10-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I find the flag even funnier....a creation by left wing activists.

Even funnier is their history......its an oral history, handed down by generation to generation. Yeah right. In other words, make up any shit you like and pass it off as folklore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    In the 70s it was said, How do you find a aboriginal sacred site, with a Geiger counter
    Is that from when the Poms used good old Aus for an atomic testing ground?

Thanks

not all indigenous people agree with the PC we have today, I have a mate who admits to being 50/50 abbo and he constantly takes the micky out of all this shit, and when asked what tribe he belongs to his reply is always "wheelyourebarrowback tribe" (yea i know its been done before) but coming from him when we have had a fews beers still cracks me up, pity there aren't more with his attitude.
    Last edited by RedXT; 27-10-18 at 04:44 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I have a friend who was interviewed on radio some years back and was asked just that question, Her response was something similar. Her sister was setting up for supper one evening and wife was helping her. 'Cilla says to Deb, "aren't you gonna set that table the proppa wite pella way", "O --- K --- What't the propper whitefella way?", "We put a table cloth on the table first..." 'Nother friend is a blue eyed blonde and looks nothing like abbidigidal but her grandmother was full blood and her kids, although they are also blue eyed blondes, at least, have some aboriginal features.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default I've seen it all now

It is now compulsory for Teachers in all Victorian schools and i imagine Australian wide schools to say an Acknowledgement to Country or Welcome to Country prior to any meeting..
    This means a private closed door meeting between teachers, IE: Teachers Meeting

While talking over dinner i ask my partner how work was today
    She explained she had to call a meeting with the teachers and she takes the minutes
    I asked her if she starts by reading out the minutes from the previous meeting
    She no, we start with an Acknowledgment to Country...........

Silence at the table while my jaw dropped...... You what??
    Bullshit, no way.... Why? Are you in public? Are you addressing a crowd? Do you have some Koori teachers?

Nope, this is another Education Dept. requirement that has started this year
    Last edited by ol' boy; 13-06-19 at 10:14 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Guy that works for my father is just over the top with the insults and put me downs towards Abbos.
    Never heard such an endless stream of pisstaking in all my life and he rarely doubles up on them either. Customers come in and he has an Abbo joke reply put down for every question. People fair dinkum cringe at what he says. I don't know if they reclaimed land he owned once or something but don't even mention sacred sites. He goes off at that and runs them down for everything. Doesn't give a shit what he says or who it is in front of, especially if he has a Jackpot day and an abbo comes in the place. Dad and I try to be somewhere else when that happens.

No idea how the hell he hasn't been arrested.

Course it may have something to do with the fact he's half Abbo himself......... :0)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-06-19),VroomVroom (14-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Such political incorrectness on this forum.
    Up here we celebrate the indigenous culture with inclusive traditional ceremonies.
    Here's an example of a traditional smoking ceremony recently held at Walgett IGA.

There are also numerous smaller cultural land clearing events involving fire around Moree.
    There is also plenty of contemporary art to be found in the district. Most of it is located in easily accessible and in public places like under bridges and in toilet blocks.

In reality, I do not base my opinion on the colour of a person's skin. That's pretty stupid. But I sometimes have to stop myself thinking that.
    Some friends who are aboriginal are the ones I feel most sorry for. And these friends are fvcking good people. And they appreciate my tactful racist humour
    I often accuse them of being racist. "Don't you like aboriginals?" The responses are piss funny.
    And they cop some serious shit because they look like their dirt bag cuz. And the dirtbags put shit on them for being a white man's puppet. There is some serious racism going on across the spectrum.
    So when I see a dirtbag in action, if they are white, I think another colour and if they are black, I think of them as white. That way my response is appropriate.

A grub is a grub in any community. It's just easier if you have some kind of racial or religious excuse to hide behind.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Oh that's fvcking racist.
    Everybody knows that isn't true. You find them with a "Development Application".
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

So.....who is getting all these gratuitous payments??? I still see our indigenous brothers and sisters still living in poverty?????
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

oops double post
    Last edited by VroomVroom; 14-06-19 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks

Was watching a show the other night where they were looking at some 'rock paintings' in the outback - the rock surfaces were only slightly undercover and the paintings, which were 'thousands of years old' looked remarkable for their age - they looked like they were done last week - I've sent a suggestion to Taubmans and Dulux to send their experts to look at them because I only get f----ing 15 years out of the paint they sell me!!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to webtech For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (15-06-19),hinekadon (14-06-19),lsemmens (15-06-19),ol' boy (14-06-19),Tiny (17-06-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webtech View Post
    Was watching a show the other night where they were looking at some 'rock paintings' in the outback - the rock surfaces were only slightly undercover and the paintings, which were 'thousands of years old' looked remarkable for their age - they looked like they were done last week - I've sent a suggestion to Taubmans and Dulux to send their experts to look at them because I only get f----ing 15 years out of the paint they sell me!!
    Foooking priceless !!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (15-06-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12