Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween, WTF??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I'm almost all out of lollies already though!! I'm jumping out and scaring the kids before the knock on the door. I may as well have some fun with them.
    Mrs told me I'm allowed to scare them. I thought great! Mentioned I had about half dozen airbag bombs up the back left over from payback on the neighbour at the last place and I'd drag out the remote control and set a few up in the garden so when they came up the driveway... BOOM!

She put the Kybosh on that and said I was allowed to scare them not scar them for life. I said we wouldn't have to worry about any coming round next year.

Maybe you guys getting bothered by them need to get a bit creative with your " Pest control" strategies ?
    How about wiring the door Knocker or bell button to an ignition coil and give them that hair standing on end scared shitless look to their costumes. Be a very impressive detail!
    How about Mechanical Ghoul that Fly's out the bushes behind them and plays a screaming audio track? There are plenty of Beaut Blood curdlers you can download off the net!

Now I know, next year I can be prepared and have some fun with this too.
    Do they have to give ME Lollies if I scare the bejesus out of them first??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (01-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

maybe I might get more creative next year

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

Here we get a small note with a red balloon in the mail box if you don't want door knockers don't put the balloon out.

Last year I forgot to stock up on teats so no balloon and I got no trick and treaters.

This year me and about 3 other houses in the street had balloons out there was plenty more around the suburb.

I watched the kids and they only went to the houses with balloons.

Me I have a bowl I got from woollies years a go when you reach for the treats it has a skeleton hand that pops up and laughs at you sitting near the door on a stand.
    4 bags of treats gone most jumped when the thing moved and made noise.

SS Dave

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

gulliver (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

we had about 30kids come over all up , only one kid was without a parent supervising so i told him to come back with his parents before getting lollies. he didnt come back.

I like the concept of scaring the little kids through thats awesome

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Finally had two. First ones for years. When I opened the door there were a couple of teens (I guess) with a bucket. Their faces were covered with black stockings and one of them had some rope around his left wrist.

I nearly died laughing. They looked like they were off to some S&M session. I told them it's probably not a good idea to knock on doors looking like lost burglars in balaclavas. I gave them a picnic bar.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

I made it through. No doorknockers, no getting caught up in a police sting operation.

Thinking about it, I guess I am a grumpy old bastard but at the same token, Kids are bit of sore spot for me. That said, I think it's one thing for little kids to be coming round for handouts for lollies and getting dressed up for fun but I see here the mention of teenagers, 15-16 Yo's. Dunno, seems a bit much to me. If they want lollies they should be out working at Maccas or whatever earning their own money for such things. My kids were and it was their idea not ours. They always had a job from the time they were able to work.

Little kids, under 10-12 yo are one thing but teens, 15-16, that's well past being cute or particularly likeable in a lot of cases. I had left School and was working a full time job time I was 15 to help bring some money into the house and relieve the burden on my grandmother who took me in when I left home.
    I'd have been embarrassed going round door to door for handouts of lollies at that age.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (01-11-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Mrs told me I'm allowed to scare them. I thought great! Mentioned I had about half dozen airbag bombs up the back left over from payback on the neighbour at the last place and I'd drag out the remote control and set a few up in the garden so when they came up the driveway... BOOM!

She put the Kybosh on that and said I was allowed to scare them not scar them for life. I said we wouldn't have to worry about any coming round next year.

Maybe you guys getting bothered by them need to get a bit creative with your " Pest control" strategies ?
    How about wiring the door Knocker or bell button to an ignition coil and give them that hair standing on end scared shitless look to their costumes. Be a very impressive detail!
    How about Mechanical Ghoul that Fly's out the bushes behind them and plays a screaming audio track? There are plenty of Beaut Blood curdlers you can download off the net!

Now I know, next year I can be prepared and have some fun with this too.
    Do they have to give ME Lollies if I scare the bejesus out of them first??

Good suggestion about the goul, if I scare the life out of them they have to give me sweets.

Premium Member

Thanks

Only a few kids were wandering around here all dressed up and get the impression this stupid Halloween is on the wane.

Last year the supermarket I go to had lots of Halloween costumes etc, this year none. Only one house in my local area was decorated for Halloween and the occupants are complete bogans.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

My mrs put out the usual of a few bags of measley lollies, and some small spuds and onions wrapped up to disguise them. Love to see their faces when they went home and opened them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (05-11-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    My mrs put out the usual of a few bags of measley lollies, and some small spuds and onions wrapped up to disguise them. Love to see their faces when they went home and opened them.
    That's a good one, actually spoke to the Dad of some of the kids whom went out trick or treating. He said next year he will not let the kids go out as they came back with bags stuffed full of sweets.

Stood there moaning that it won't be long before the kids all have to be carted down to the dentist having their teeth drilled out.

Get the impression there are so few kids going out Halloweening that the few that do come back loaded with tons of sweets as there is few others to get them.

At least in my area.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (05-11-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Chili Chocolate is a real hit
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (05-11-18),shred (01-11-20)

Premium Member

Thanks

Chocolate laxatives wrapped up in brightly coloured foil to make them more attractive ?

Thanks

Maybe instead of being Miserable we should be having a bit of fun with it and being a bit wiser?
    Instead of Laxatives etc, maybe fruit wrapped up? Toffee apple with the toffee? Fresh apricots or Mandarins etc. Dunno if they would ever get eaten but at least would be a bit more responsible and send the right message. Maybe a hand full of Vitamin C tablets wouldn't be a bad Idea either? Vitamin D tablets would probably do a lot of kids that barely get away from their Video games a lot of good but I don't think they would be very nice to chew.

Thanks

My wife wrapped grapes in lolly wrappers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

enf (05-11-18),george65 (05-11-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I get them aged 2 - 18. Accompanied by parents swigging cans.

I did scare 2 though, about 10 or so. I watched them on my security camera. They read the note on my door , and then, stupidly, rang my door bell.
    I opened the door , looked at them and said , "Now you 2 look like you are old enough to read. What does the note on the door say ?". They mumbled something, so I shut the door in their face.

It probably was scary for them as I am 6'3 and 115 kgs, but hey, if they cant read the education system is failing.

Its a bit like this in my area, they are that self entitled :

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (12-11-18),ol' boy (12-11-18),Tiny (12-11-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

My favorite time of the year again. Not.

Last year was the ultimate in nightmares. Talking to my neighbour last week, he said they went through 430 bags of lollies last year and still ran out. So if anyone thinks I am a grumpy old whinger, try wearing that.
    I genuinely feel sorry for the pensioners and people on fixed incomes that have to suffer this bullshit. I have no idea what they do, probably hide under the bed. According to our accountant, who also lives in my estate, our area is known as the "go to" area for Halloween. I don't know why, while its a nice area houses aren't worth a million dollars like in the city. In a nutshell, we are not all filthy rich but I suppose Portsea is too far for them to drive and Lindsay Fox probably has locked front gates. Which are one thing I miss from last house....just shut the gates and close yourself off to the world.

Even with covid, I am expecting big numbers as this weeks junk mail had Halloween crap galore and lets face it, people are idiots. Last year, there were carloads parking at the end of the street, walking the street and getting all the goodies and then jumping in the car and going. Piss drinking adults accompany them, who either piss in your garden or in the bushland reserve on the other side of the road.

This year I am armed with 6 security cameras and a Ring Video doorbell with 2 way audio. The Ring also has motion detection. I have blocked access so they cant walk through my garden and break my solar lights like last time......with a pile of 6 stacked car tyre and rims. I have blocked access via my driveway by parking my old ute 2mm off the garage door and actually touching the bushes on the path, so no one can squeeze through there. The only way to the door is via the path to the door that has a 240 litre wheel bin blocking access with a BIG note taped to it. They will likely try to put all their rubbish in my bin, so I had better head off and work out a lock for it.

My wife, who works as a front line health worker, is also a shift worker and has been unable to sleep, racking up 2 hours in 2 days. She is now finally asleep after doing 12 hours and my job is to make sure she stays that way. Every year these arseholes (both adults and kids) ignore all do not knock signs, so I will be putting on my grandfathers WW2 helmet and building a command centre to thwart the attacks. It would be good if I had an army, there is that many of them.

I suppose I can add to my last post, above from 2 years ago, I am still 6'3 but am now 124 kgs so if they want a ####ing fright I will oblige.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

gulliver (31-10-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

Oh this is heaven. Not one so far ! Don't tell me people are taking covid seriously ? Last year I was beating them off my house with a stick at 4PM.

I was going to put up a sign saying "COVID positive sex offender" to put them off. My missus said I don't want people to think you are a sex offender, I said I was actually talking about you.

george65 (31-10-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

Well, you could say numbers are down......in a big big way. There have been probably 50-60 and they have not even looked at my house or the next one (they are in QLD), so I presume my neighbour on the other side is telling them not to bug me.

Its still got me stumped why anyone would allow their kids to accept lollies from strangers. If it was the 80's and I was in my teens, I would have fed them laxatives for sure so #### knows what some of them are eating.

george65 (31-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Its still got me stumped why anyone would allow their kids to accept lollies from strangers.
    2 Years already !

Yeah, as in the sarcasm of my first post, I don't understand it either. Sure the parents might be with them Now, but what if the kids get a good lot of lollies or money and told not to tell their parents and come back again without them? This must be Peados Christmas, New year and Easter all rolled into one!!

Just spoke to the Mrs, she said she went and got Lollies in case any Trick or treaters Showed up. I said won't worry Me. I'm up at Dads place and I doubt any kids would even be bothered walking up the driveway. Should have Dropped a couple of tree Trunks across the front when I had the tractor down there this afternoon so they couldn't drive up either.

Mrs said she hasn't had anyone so far, I said we didn't last year either although I did see a couple of marauding mobs walking and others Cruise the street 8 Kids abreast in the back seat although none seemed to get out. Few Teenage girls walking round being stupid but didn't come near me so all good.

Being in Vic, are people/ kids even allowed out everywhere down there This year?
    Wonder of the gestapo cops will be out fining kids for not wearing medical masks?

I did notice even up here in the shops when I went got the groceries had plenty of haloween Crap.

Just another excuse to part people from their money using kids as paws.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Has little or no pertinence to those living in the southern hemisphere -->

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast