Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Halloween, WTF??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Way back on page-1, someone said... "Geez listen to the grumpy old men!!"...
    I know we need certain global ties for trade/politics with certain countries, but I hate us becoming (already!!) little-America!!
    Yep, I'm old, and want Australia to remain as such! I know it seems a small thing, but NOW we have kids with backwards baseball
    caps, and 'Rap' crap music(?) that have nothing to do with Australia!! We need to get our own identities back...
    Christmas is crazy enough, with SNOW in Australia??
    While music genre aren't necessarily nationality specific, I do think it's funny you mention that. Remember the olden days, when most of the Aussie singers sang with a fake Yank accent? Geez I'm glad we've gotten over that little cultural cringe.. But I must admit, I was starting to get a little bit sick of the overly pronounced "Irish Colonial" accent that became popular with quite a few Indie singers, a couple of years back. Now we have to put up with singers that try and sound like they have a gumball in their mouth while they're singing.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (05-11-21),Uncle Fester (05-11-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

I love music but I can't stand singers.
    They all seem to be copying somebody.
    Nobody composes new music anymore, so I am stuck with the classics.

I blame the music industry.
    If it doesn't sound like some other popular parrot, they will trash your demo 'tape' after 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-11-21 at 11:32 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (05-11-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

I have absolutely NO IDEA what you guys are on about.....

Led Zeppelin 1969

If the sun refused to shine I would still be loving you.
    When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.
    Kind woman, I give you my all. Kind woman, nothing more.

Niki Minaj 2012

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe, you a stupid hoe,
    you a stupid hoe, you a stupid hoe, (yeah) you a, you a stupid hoe,
    you a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (stupid, stupid),
    you a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe, (stupid, stupid) (stupid stupid)
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (11-11-21),bob_m_54 (05-11-21),gulliver (05-11-21),lsemmens (15-11-21),Uncle Fester (05-11-21),wotnot (05-11-21)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I love music but I can't stand singers.
    They all seem to be copying somebody.
    Nobody composes new music anymore, so I am stuck with the classics.
    I blame the music industry.
    If it doesn't sound like some other popular parrot, they will trash your demo 'tape' after 5 seconds.
    Dear Uncle Fester... you can't generalize like that. There are *many* beautifully written contemporary songs, like this one below, from
    "Crystal Shawanda" too, for example. singing about her life from childhhod learning to ride a bike, to being at her father's side in the end,
    when he was dying in hospital. You really need to hear it to the end!!! ("You Can Let Go Now Daddy")...
    Last edited by Ah-Those-Old-Days!; 13-11-21 at 11:52 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (14-11-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

You are right, one should never generalise... Oh dear, saying never is another a generalisation.

However I sorry to disappoint but I did not find your example very original.
    From the music side done over and over again(could even be just a backing track) and when I heard that dad can 'let go' while she was learning on the bike I already knew the end.
    I am a dad and know already what it is like to let go and being told that, apart from the last bit which I do not wish to be confronted with just yet but have seen too many times before.

How about my kids buy me a one way trip to space to let go from this planet, when that time comes.

Here is an example of newer original music composition and powerful lyrics I find pleasing (although not exactly new) addressing the 'let go' topic somewhat:

I will generalise that this will never flow into today's music scene like Led Zeppelin and other music with great content did back then.
    The only content that counts today is the amount of Botox and Silicon found inside various locations of the 'artist'.
    Not only is paradise lost but we also let go of art.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-11-21 at 12:58 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

I thought that had the sound and feel of Kansas....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (14-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I thought that had the sound and feel of Kansas....
    Well spotted.
    One of my favourites from the 'romantic' 70's
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-11-21 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

However I sorry to disappoint but I did not find your example very original.
    From the music side done over and over again(could even be just a backing track) and when I heard that dad can 'let go' while she was learning on the bike I already knew the end.
    Granted, that I "gave it away" though, in my description before you heard it! :-)

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345