Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween, WTF??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default Halloween, WTF??

Mrs tells me this morning she is going out with the girls tonight and won't be home till late. Looks like it's Fish and chips for Dinner! Bewdy!

She tells me it's Haloween. Yeah, not even sure what that is?
    She tells me little children may come to the door dressed up in fantasy costumes asking if I want them to turn tricks and I should give them lollies she has put in a bowl I'm not allowed to eat. She said be very nice to them and not your grumpy self and scare them away.

What in the HELL???

I have NO interest in little kids, don't even really like the snot nosed whiney little buggers especially when there is always one screaming their head off in the shopping centre or at any restaurant I go to.

I know there are a lot of weidos out there and the cops have to catch them but I think this is taking sting operations a bit too far and reaks of entrapment for unsuspecting twits like me who never had a clue about this. In any case, WTF would I want to give them Chocolates and attract them round the place like Seagulls for? Next thing they will be playing on the front lawn kicking balls through the windows and annoying the shit out of me with their noise. No thanks!
    They can bugger off back to their own homes and annoy the guts out of their own parents. I looked after my kids when they were little, they can put up with theirs!

I'm also now thinking the Mrs wants me out the way seeing SHE bought the chocolates and told me to give them to the small children. Yeah, that would sound legit when the cops arrested me wouldn't it? " My wife bought the chocolates, went out tonight and told me to give them to any little Kids that came to the door" Yeah sure Mate, you are going to have at least 10-12 years to be telling that story after you tell it to the Judge first.

Even I know that's what the low lifes do and has to be illegal right there and could get a person locked up. If she starts talking about us buying a White van and me parking it near schools, I'm out of here! She definitely wants me out the way!!

Maybe she has finally found a decent bloke and has got tired of waiting for me to off myself and the only people she knows that could do the job for her are my mates... some, but maybe not all of whom may have reservations or tell me.
    Maybe I better start buying her flowers?

Come to think of it, why is she going out with " The GIRLS" on a week night? Why are little kids coming to my door at night and in the middle of the week? That's NEVER happened before, EVER! I smell more than Fish and Chips going on here! Clearly I have some serious marital problems I have overlooked!

Anyone comes knocking at my door tonight and there is no way in hell I'm answering it!! Think I'll just sit in here at the back of the house and make sure ALL the lights are turned out.
    Certainly won't be giving kids Chocolates at any time when I can sit here and eat them myself. That's another thing, She NEVER buys me any chocolates and when I come home with any myself, I get read the riot act. Any she buys she hides on the lowest shelf in the pantry where I have to get down on my hands and knees to find them. Now she is putting them out in a bowl right on the Coffee table.
    I'm thick as 2 Planks but something's definitely not right here!

I know this thing comes from the US but I never realised there were so many weirdos out there praying on Children that they had to have a sting operation this big to catch them. Seems the local cops have taken the idea on here too. Must get good results and round up a lot of these sickos.

The motives are good but I sure question the way they are going about catching these low lifes sending little kids out into the streets as bait!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (01-11-20)

Look Here ->
    Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I know this thing comes from the US
    Halloween actually has Celtic origins.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (31-10-18),enf (31-10-18),Tiny (31-10-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Peados LOVE Halloween. The kids come to THEM for lollies.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Keith (31-10-18),ol' boy (31-10-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Peados LOVE Halloween. The kids come to THEM for lollies.
    Thanks mate, now i have to eat my own lollies!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (31-10-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

My favorite hate day of the year.

Some may remember from some of my previous years posts that I get an annoying number of them, which isn't helped at all by my neighbors.

I usually run with the "do not knock, sick baby sign", but am trying to get more inventive. I found a good one, but the QLD bit is a giveaway as I live in Vic. But if you are IN QLD , feel free to download it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (03-11-21)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quickly whipped up a Vic version

I get people using my nature strip as a toilet and the adults coming on to my property to dump their rubbish in my bin with the sick baby sign. Cant wait to see what I get with this one.

I have got a spare IP cam with 2 way audio, might have some fun

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (03-11-21),Landytrack (01-11-18),Tiny (31-10-18)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Quickly whipped up a Vic version

I get people using my nature strip as a toilet and the adults coming on to my property to dump their rubbish in my bin with the sick baby sign. Cant wait to see what I get with this one.

I have got a spare IP can with 2 way audio, might have some fun
    Lucky for me, we live so remote that no one will knock on our door, for trick or treat or anything.
    some people can't even find our place with a map.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

gulliver (31-10-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

No kids in the Village now and Lithgow had a Halloween Festival last Saturday night that drew over 12,000 to Party Hardy.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

Spotted the first group not long after 4 pm, about 8 15-16 year olds.

Ran my spare IP camera out of the garage and in to the shoe basket near the front door. Should be entertaining listening to the comments.

Edit : Damn, just realized I setup the one with scratchy audio. Another 2 groups just went by, they saw a sign on the door and kept moving. If they were all like that I would be happy.

Administrator
    Thanks

Another 9 at the door, .5 of a second off knocking. They gave my door some filthy looks and left

I normally get a LOT of trick or treaters past here, 4 cars now parked opposite as neighbors dont just participate, they have a party and dress up and get pissed which attracts even more of them.

I wonder if you can buy a can of Trick & Treaters Be Gone anywhere ?

And another mob of 6.

Does anyone else get as many as this ? Or am I just unlucky ? Another 15 ! Again, .5 of a second off ringing the doorbell despite the sign. My missus works night shift, and normally sleeps until 6.30 which is another reason they are a pain.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (03-11-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

None here for years...touch wood!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    None here for years...touch wood!
    I gotta move. I have had at least another dozen since my last post.

Its a pity people don't put as much effort in to Australia Day as what they do Halloween.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (03-11-21),george65 (31-10-18),gulliver (31-10-20),Landytrack (01-11-18),mkhannah (31-10-18),shred (01-11-20)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I just had 3 come down the driveway but the dog chased them off.

Administrator
    Thanks

*adds buy dog to option list

Probably another 20-30 since I last posted.

The last 2 bunches, instead of seeing a sign and keeping going down the street , have had a door stop vigil to gather, read and discuss my opposition poster. As I have audio, I can tell they were not happy

Edit : A mass mob of at least 25 in one go !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Geez listen to the grumpy old men!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

allover (01-11-18),gulliver (31-10-20)

Thanks

oh and george if you don't know what it is....where have have you been? Pedo locked up for the last 50yrs???? lol

Administrator
    Thanks

Well according to channel 7 news, its becoming more and more popular in Melbourne. At a guess, several hundred have been past my house.
    SUV's full of kids are getting dropped off, hitting every house, then getting back in to be driven to their next destination.

I genuinely feel sorry for the pensioners. I have no idea how they would afford to cough up money to feed 300 or more freeloaders when many struggle to feed themselves, I presume they must just sit quietly until they give up.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Geez listen to the grumpy old men!!
    $20 bucks says you dont get 300 odd in NE Victoria

Thanks

Dead right. Not even 300 kids at the primary school (260). I'm almost all out of lollies already though!! I'm jumping out and scaring the kids before the knock on the door. I may as well have some fun with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    oh and george if you don't know what it is....where have have you been? Pedo locked up for the last 50yrs???? lol
    If I was, wouldn't this be a dream come true! The whole thing just seems incredible they let it happen these days. I'll bet the peados have a heap of cameras ready and rolling for their Christmas to come 6 weeks early. Probably have some little gifts ready for the kiddies as well with tracking devices implanted they can give their favorites who come gift wrapped right to their door.

I just put it down to some other American thing like thanksgiving. NFI what that is either, don't care but I have obviously heard of it. All I knew of Halloween was they carved pumpkins and dressed up as witches and Mummy's. Didn't know why, also didn't care.

NEVER had any kids come knocking at the over it. I lived on a main road before so not really a kid friendly street. Didn't know them coming round to your house was a thing. Still not really sure what the significance is or why you are supposed to give them Lollies?
    My kids never spoke of it when they were young so why would I know of it or be interested?
    To me just another fad that retailers can make a buck out of selling lollies, costumes and other crap. Talking to my Daughter this afternoon she said the Cheap shops in the shopping centre had whole aisles dedicated to it and all sorts of decorations out the front as well. Just another thing to keep the cash registers ticking over and the useless crap manufacturers in China Busy.

So far no door knockers except with the possibility of the TNT courier I heard pull up in the driveway about 3 Pm and by the time I got to the front door from the shed, was no where to be seen. I know he hadn't been there before I heard him because the dog heard him too and she never misses a thing like that. I get to the door from the side and the only thing there was a fking card saying it's been taken back to the depot. I'll guaranteed that was pre filled and the bastard did a knock and run.

Admin you must live where there are a LOT of young families. Fortunately I live where it's all 1 acre blocks on the outskirts of the main town and more retirees than anyone else. Mrs and I are the youngsters in the street. I know the Drug dealer across the road has some kids, Neighbor next door and I were listening to the GF screaming at them last night but I barely see them except getting in and out the car. He doesn't own the place anyway. He fried his brain and is pretty much useless so rich daddy bought the house and lets him live in it. Beautiful house but the lawn is at least 2 Ft high atm. Probably an improvement, hides all the rest of the crap scattered around in it. $1.5M home, $2 residents.

Fortunately my Daughter is home tonight so I told her I'm not falling for her mothers trap, anyone comes SHE can answer the door.
    Maybe my first idea to turn out the lights and pretend no one is home was the right way to go after all?

Hey, Bonus!
    Just started pissing rain here. That ought to keep the little freeloaders at bay! Keeps up for another hour and mrs will have to find another way to get me locked up and out the way. :0)

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast