Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Solar System to get ?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Im inclined to agree george65 ! I have wondered for years why a large lead acid cant be built economically , I mean cells the size of those big blue screw top 44gallon drums . A circulating pump pumping the acid around through a filter will balance the charge of six of them giving a nominal 12v , with shit loads of capacity and its easy to make hydrochloric acid over time , so why not the only problem i see is the spongy lead for the plates but then theres recycling of old batteries they are made from a paste type compound and plastered on to the plates . any thoughts out in invention land ?? lets hear them

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    For what reason?
    If you are grid tied and have any thought it will save you money, you are absolutely, positively, without exception... WRONG.

They simply do not add up.
    Thanks George65, I am not in a rush so I will crunch numbers and the tech involved and have another think about this. Whilst we can never trust the salesman I am gonna go back to him asking for more breakdown of detail particularly on the option for batteries and what the expected reduced power bill will be over time. I have the max number of panels given the location we can put them.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

The maths might be questionable. If you were paying $1000.00 a quarter before install and you end up paying nothing. For a $10k system that means you'll only take 10 quarters (2 1/2 years) to recoup your investment.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

checkitout (06-05-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12