Thread: Samsung TV 32inch LCD power supply

Thanks

Default Samsung TV 32inch LCD power supply

I have a Samsung 32inch TV that stopped powering up after a lightning storm. I removed the power supply board to look for a blown fuse, and there was, but before replacing it what other things should I check/test. I will supply some pics, And for the MOV's, I was thinking to buy new ones if I can figure out what to get and if they are less then a replacement board from places like ebay. Or, can I just remove them?.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

There's a major short circuit on the primary side so you'll need to check out everything starting with the mosfet, diodes, caps. The MOVs might be ok if there's no sign of external damage like cracks (or worse) and they measure open circuit. Faults with the controller chip SLC2012M appear to be common in Samsung units too.

Thanks

Replaced the fuse and removed the MOV from the circuit, powered it up and no blown fuse, but not getting any legible DC readings at the sockets to the CPU, so will look at ebay or somewhere for a replacement power board.

• The Following User Says Thank You to skozzy For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (06-11-18)

Thanks

Thought I might have a shot at fixing this after watching a few videos and getting some motivation, but would like advice what to check and maybe how to check what ever correctly. In the picture there is a brown cap looking thing which I assume is a MOV, there is also a black one close to the power socket but not sure if it is one also. With the brown and black ones out of circuit and the fuse wont blow, with just the black one in it will blow a fuse.