Thread: Anyone tried this

Thanks

Default Anyone tried this

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

i wouldnt trust energy providers , they always get you in with some sweet deal then screw you over later

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (07-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I followed the link, round and round in circles. .20C Fit but after about 5 min, at least 10 pages, putting in the neighbors address and other stuffing around, I still am none the wiser as to what the basic costs and charges are. They Put the .20C fit up front., no searching for that. The fact they have gone to so much trouble to bury the rest of the details is clearly because they are trying to suck me in.
    WTF is it with$75 sign up bonuses and frequent flyer points and amazon things and.... HELLO! I'm here to find out about electricity supply not go on a freaking game show!
    Here's an Idea, why don't you keep all the bullshit and just give me a cheaper rate?

Far as I am concerned AGL could stick their " PLANS" fair up their arse. I see Lots of click headers " Why Choose AGL?" Well AGL, I'll tell you why I would never choose you and that's because you are clearly trying to hide things and play me for a sucker. I followed pages about basic plan info, Rates and other things yet still there was no info on the basic questions of what power would cost me.
    I'm sure lots of people are suckered in by the dangling Carrot of a High FIT but some of us are not quite that gullible and want to know a little more.... which clearly you are busting a gut to hide.

When I came here 12 Months ago I rang the scammers the place was already connected to and told them, I want their best rates, no plans, no time of use or other bullshit, No steak knives and singing , dancing Jack Russel's, just tell me all the costs up front and I'll say yes or no. They told me and I got them down some more and that was it.

I notice typically this sucker .20 FIT plan is only for 24 Months. I wonder if they lock in the purchase rates or there is a clause in that they can jack them half way through?
    With the effort they went into withholding info on their site, I'd take that as a definate yes.

Haven't looked at any other providers sites in a while but if they are all this crooked, I'll go buy a forklift battery pack and chargers/ Inverters and go off grid. I have the panels and the diesel generator that runs on Free veg oil so I'm already half way there.

I haven't seen one for a while ( but then I'm lucky to watch an hour of TV a week) but I used to cringe when I would see those ads for being able to monitor your power use 24/7 and images of idiots sitting in the park or at a restaurant looking at their phones checking their power usege with a smug look on their faces like they just had an extra marital sexual experience. I have no life but anyone who thinks being able to look at their power bill no matter where they are and what they are doing is some sort of advantage or benefit to their lives is on a whole new level of sad in my book!

"We went to this great restaurant last night and they had wifi so was able to sit there and check the power bill while the food came". FFS!
    Has anyone ever in the world been out somewhere and thought to them selves " Geez, I'd really like to be able to check the power bill right now. Wish that was a service someone provided". I doubt it.
    The other one is how many people actually believe that the power co is putting on a smart meter or designing power " plans" to save them money? .... IE,,, Cost themselves money in reducing their revenue which in turn would mean lower dividends to their share holders. Not only would that be against every corporate business practice known to man, it would also be a breach of business laws in about every country and have the directors of said company locked up! But go ahead cupcake, you believe that they really do want to look after you and their intention is to save you money. That's exactly what they want you to be gullible enough to think so you play right along......

Makes me want to puke!

Coalminer I would check the purchase rates carefully along with all the other small print. You are dealing with highly professional con men here.
    Someone here yesterday mentioned a .40C FIT with excellent purchase rates. I think it was in the solar replacement thread.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (08-11-18)

Thanks

you really need to have plenty spare time to wade through all of the crap

i looked at that one and it is for my postcode

Usage at all times
    31.79 cents/kWh

with Solar feed-in
    20 cents/kWh exported

But considering i wont be producing enough to export im better of with this one

Usage rates (at all times)
    Usage at all times
    24.20 cents/kWh

Solar feed-in
    11.1 cents/kWh exported

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    you really need to have plenty spare time to wade through all of the crap
    And the patience to tolerate being deliberately confused and deceived. You were smart to think of what applied to you and not be lured in by the dangling carrot.

I was going to say to the OP to look at his past bills to see what would be better for him, a higher FIT if he exports much or a lower buy rate.

I read a few times they were phasing them out but the time of use plans I saw were Killers. Some were .60C KWH in their peak times but the thing that got me was, even the off peak rates were still higher than most standard rates. How they got people onto those was beyond me but not only that, I read many times where people thought they were saving themselves money by doing the washing and running the dishwasher at midnight and time shifted their lives to suit the power bill.

Even still, the power cos must not have made the killing they were hoping for. I read of people topping up power walls and the like and also The few EV owners out there setting their cars to charge at night.
    Things like this will I think in time take away the off peak rate and in fact reverse it.
    If you have too much solar coming back in the middle of the day ( operative word being -IF-) then it would seem logical the cheapest time should be when you have more than you know what to do with..... again if that is indeed the case and not a lot of power co crock which I believe it is.

That said, with all the solar farms being built, it stands to reason that the cheapest time for power would be when the sun is shining rather than at night.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (08-11-18)

Thanks

thanks..george65

• 07-11-18, 08:50 PM