Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Terror attack

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Default Melbourne Terror attack

Strange I havent seen a discussion posted here?
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

It reminds me a bit about the gun massacres that are happening every few weeks in America.

All the politicians and media say how disgraceful it is then do absolutely nothing about it.

After multiple rinse and repeats, I guess we are starting to get immune to the craziness of modern society.

That and the fact no one in this P-C and 'I'm offended' world is game to say or do anything.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

DB44 (11-11-18),lsemmens (11-11-18)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

The police should've shot him earlier, I wouldn't have let him get that close.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

admin (12-11-18),Al Bundy (11-11-18),DB44 (11-11-18),Learjet (13-11-18),softel (11-11-18),VroomVroom (12-11-18)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    The police should've shot him earlier, I wouldn't have let him get that close.
    It not something I would want to live with. In my opinion, a life is a life and all life is precious.

He will struggle with it.

I feel for the officer.

None the less he did what he was trained to do and I probably would have done the same
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

admin (12-11-18),Al Bundy (11-11-18),dashinson (11-11-18),enf (11-11-18),lsemmens (11-11-18),ol' boy (11-11-18),RedXT (12-11-18),tristen (11-11-18),VroomVroom (12-11-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

I understand the cop had only been on the job a short time. I hope he has the support he is going to need for a long time to come. It's not something any of us want to have to live with.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (11-11-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    It not something I would want to live with. In my opinion, a life is a life and all life is precious.

He will struggle with it.

I feel for the officer.

None the less he did what he was trained to do and I probably would have done the same
    Totally agree, he should get all the help and support he needs, unfortunately I will make a prediction that the PC brigade will come out in force and condemn his actions, as if those snowflakes would have had the balls to stand up to a nutter like that.

I see the Muslim leaders are already playing the victims by condemning the police for the raids on 2 houses, "the family needs to mourn", alright, yes the family does need to mourn so take your family somewhere else while we conduct our investigation.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-11-18),DB44 (11-11-18),enf (11-11-18),porkop (12-11-18),VroomVroom (12-11-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

To me the old adage 'Birds of a Feather Flock together' and Terrorist acts dont just fester in isolation, the obvious and logical place to conduct a search and interrogation is the place(s) most commonly used by the Perpetrator.
    That Death from the attack along with injuries to many others gives the Authorities no other choice but to act as swiftly as possible to prevent any further actions being carried out.
    While the property damage is serious, that itself doesnt bother me except to be aware of what the total carnage could have been had it been placed in a bigger crowd.

As part of 'Terrorism' is a belief your going to be 'rewarded' dead or alive, if Dead I would gather up the body and remove it post haste 'Off Shore' and deny any burial rights that the Terrorist believed in.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I despise what Scott Morrison has become, but he partly got it right on this one. Nevertheless one of the usual suspects has attacked the statement he made, which was not condemning all of Islam but only radical Islam. How can one defend radical Islam logically? Only if one follows their extreme beliefs does it make any kind of sense at all, and even then only in the twisted minds of the believers.

We could have a zero road toll overnight if we just banned cars and trucks. We could have near zero pollution if we closed down our industrial society and slashed our population and went back to living in caves (but fortunately the Greens are not going to be elected any time soon). And we could all but eliminate these types of attacks if we stopped taking further Muslim immigrants and closely monitored the remainder. Unlike the first two, the last is feasible. We have no duty to take Muslim immigrants. Very few people, including myself, want to see us resort to these extreme measures. I'm not going to parrot the party line and say only a small minority of Muslims hold beliefs incompatible with our society. I believe it is a minority, but unfortunately a much more sizeable one. Somewhere from about 1/5th to 1/3rd according to the few studies I have seen. Of course, only a tiny minority of this minority are going to actually commit or participate in terrorism. But the rest of that minority provides the environment from which these people arise. And, of course, the more their numbers increase the more influence they have. And if they ever become a majority, our society will change for the worse. And women will be amongst the major losers from these changes.

If we are ultimately driven to these extremes, which could happen, we will miss out on having a large number of good talented people become part of our nation. And it is not fair to these people. Though hopefully we will be able to replace them with equally good talented people from a background that does not pose such a threat.

The situation is not dissimilar to a school class of 30 children where 10 badly misbehave. The whole class misses out on excursions because of the behaviour of the minority. Of course, in this situation the solution is to either improve the behaviour of the minority, or to exclude or expel them. And in the future vet the applicants more carefully. We don't seem to be doing either very effectively. I also don't think it is any accident that most of the offenders have come here as refugees. If you want to see further problems coming you need look no further than the Somali refugees in Melbourne. Particularly why Somali refugees are not experiencing the same problem elsewhere in the nation.

We can continue to take Muslim refugees if we stop burying our heads in the sand. If we take them at random we get a large minority that are going to cause problems, directly or indirectly. We simply need to keep the number manageable, vet them much better and monitor their integration so far as fundamental tenets of our society are concerned. Those who want 12 year old brides have no place here. Those who want Sharia law have no place here. Those who want to kill gays have no place here. Those who do not respect the role of and rights of women in our secular society have no place here. And for the majority of Muslims who most of us welcome and who make great citizens, please realise the threat that your more radical coreligionists pose. Tell the authorities about those who pose a threat. We are not going to execute them. Like all of us you probably feel powerless to make a difference, but please do what you can. The alternative is a damaging backlash which leaves us all the poorer.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (12-11-18),enf (11-11-18),fandtm666 (11-11-18),hinekadon (11-11-18),LeroyPatrol (12-11-18),lsemmens (11-11-18),VroomVroom (12-11-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Was a very messy situation
    Especially with that Gronk playing dodge em cars with the shopping trolly.

I felt for those poor Cops, fighting for their lives essentially.
    They did 100% the right thing.

And such a waste losing the cafe owner.
    Such a loss for that family.

But by far the greatest danger is the AU Government.
    We are a society without guns or even pepper spray for personal protection.
    Then they import some of the world's most unhinged radical people.
    We have enough of our own without adding to them
    Last edited by ol' boy; 12-11-18 at 04:36 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (12-11-18),DB44 (12-11-18),enf (12-11-18),fandtm666 (12-11-18),hinekadon (12-11-18),VroomVroom (12-11-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,858 Times in 9,044 Posts

OB, we never learn. The handwringers whine and the government folds.

History says it will be far worse with the next government, so whaddaya do except make the best of it.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

That is a very sad thought, no wonder so many head for the outback.

To think, the Australian Homeless man "Trolly Man" was living on the streets, the Somalian probably had AU Gov Assistance to live in that flat.
    It is a pretty sad state of affairs

Although it looks like that might all change for Trolley Man:
    Last edited by ol' boy; 12-11-18 at 08:38 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-11-18),porkop (12-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    That is a very sad thought, no wonder so many head for the outback.

To think, the Australian Homeless man "Trolly Man" was living on the streets, the Somalian probably had AU Gov Assistance to live in that flat.

Although it looks like that might all change for Trolley Man:
    Hopefully things will change for the better for Trolley Man. I have no idea what issues put him on the street. Hopefully the money alone will be enough to deal with them. But probably not. Hopefully he will receive the help necessary to overcome his other problems as well.

I heard on the radio news that the well-liked Cafe owner's family has been offered a state funeral. I certainly don't begrudge it to them, but must ask why. It seems an empty political gesture in an attempt to obscure the fact that our governments failed him in a disgraceful fashion, and as usual are planning on doing nothing. Apparently the Federal Government has in its early stages a plan to give the States some sort of say in skilled migration. It seems to me that it is not the skilled migration that is the problem. Yet another half-measure from Santa Sco-Mo who continues down the track of his unlamented predecessor. We may well be seeing boats again soon under his stewardship.

And, as enf posted above, the other mob is likely to be worse. When I go to cast my vote in next years federal election, I literally have no choice of a major party offering even common sense on this topic. Or, for that matter, on many other topics. A real weakness in our representative democracy. Representatives who don't represent us.

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post

I looked at the footage again this morning , and it looks like the distraction caused by trolley man was a major turning point in the attack. As the black turdball turned around it gave the cop enough time to pull out the gun and shoot the scum. Prior to that it was just batons , which looked useless against an armed offender.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Hopefully things will change for the better for Trolley Man. I have no idea what issues put him on the street.
    His background isn't good by all reports, aggravated burgs, time in prison, etc

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

I think as long as Australia remains a signatory to the U.N. our gutless politicians will do nothing except create more legislation that will probably remove more rights and privacy from all of us.
    Fraser Anning recently proposed asking the Australian people about who comes into their country, didn't take them long to shut him up.

The classroom analogy above is a great example too, instead of coming down hard on the 10 trouble makers the whole class is made to suffer because of the minority.
    Eventually the rest of the class might get pissed off enough to do something about it...

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    I think as long as Australia remains a signatory to the U.N. our gutless politicians will do nothing except create more legislation that will probably remove more rights and privacy from all of us.
    Fraser Anning recently proposed asking the Australian people about who comes into their country, didn't take them long to shut him up.

The classroom analogy above is a great example too, instead of coming down hard on the 10 trouble makers the whole class is made to suffer because of the minority.
    Eventually the rest of the class might get pissed off enough to do something about it...
    just may be that the racial discrimination is needed to correct society just maybe fraser was right ?????

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

There'll have to be discrimination, otherwise nothing will change.
    I have no problem with that, I'm sure many others don't either, but I guess that'll probably never happen as there's too many softcocks here that are too shit scared of offending anyone.
    I think Fraser was on the right track, gotta start somewhere, where better than asking the Australian people what they actually want.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Well, hasn't this forum turned into a little cess-pit of racist mutual admiration?

Not that I think it would matter to some of you more extreme members, but the driver had severe mental issues and has had them for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Police
    "We don't at this time have any evidence or any intelligence to indicate there's a connection with terrorism,"
    Carry on mutually pleasuring each other.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Well, hasn't this forum turned into a little cess-pit of racist mutual admiration?

Not that I think it would matter to some of you more extreme members, but the driver had severe mental issues and has had them for some time.

Carry on mutually pleasuring each other.
    Oh come on, you can join in the fun, you never know, you might learn something, like, the fact that Islam is not a race, but a religious ideology, all races of people practice Islam.

Would you like to have another go?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (12-11-18),VroomVroom (13-11-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Oh come on, you can join in the fun, you never know, you might learn something, like, the fact that Islam is not a race, but a religious ideology, all races of people practice Islam.

Would you like to have another go?
    I never mentioned Islam. You did.

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    As the black turdball turned around
    Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    just may be that the racial discrimination is needed to correct society
    Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    There'll have to be discrimination, otherwise nothing will change.
    Sorry if you don't realize it, but that's a case of pretty nasty racism and two cases of advocating racial discrimination. Nobody seemed to mind much.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast