Thread: XTS2500 odd programming issue

Thanks

Default XTS2500 odd programming issue

Lately writing to a couple xts2500s, I've noticed they won't decode the ID on some IDs.

Yes they are set correctly. Example go in add couple channels then write back and the issue of some mdc IDs arises.

Shut down the cps and re apply the usb cable, throw a previous codeplug back in and no issue.

It seems to come and go with writes for the issue.

Yes have original codeplugs since the dawn of day for them.

Any thoughts on why this issue occurs? Data error during write?

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,305 Posts

possible memory allocation. how many ids are in the list?

• The Following User Says Thank You to lynt123 For This Useful Post:

DaveBern (15-11-18)

Thanks

check the bandwidth for the channels you are having issues with, all radios should be set to the same bandwidth.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ecu-man For This Useful Post:

DaveBern (15-11-18)

Thanks

All channels are narrow, ids, it has about 9 mdc, 2 astro ids. I had speculated this also may be issue but wasn't sure.

It is also a 28 zone about radio.
    BN bravo122 8meg.
    Last edited by DaveBern; 15-11-18 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBern View Post
    All channels are narrow, ids, it has about 9 mdc, 2 astro ids. I had speculated this also may be issue but wasn't sure.

It is also a 28 zone about radio.
    BN bravo122 8meg.
    Astro25 channels BW located in other place, regular setting where you can set 12.5/20.25 kHz affects analog only.

P.S.
    I've seen issue you described on improperly aligned radios come from Panter 88 chinese seller.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Wi-Fi For This Useful Post:

DaveBern (15-11-18)

Thanks

Hmmm interesting. I know the one is for sure a direct from M back in day as I bought it myself. The other not sure. I'm wondering of at some point when updating and writing plugs cloning something occured if the the other one is a questionable Panter radio.

It's a strange issue. I guess I'll have to get both aligned and write the original plugs back into them and just update those with the pick list method.

I don't recall cloning from the other one but over time it's possible. Would explain the issue probably and why a couple 5000s didn't have issue since those were just drag and dropped from the one xts2500s plug. I will work on reverting both back to their default original plugs and test that out. Then look at aligning them.

Thanks

Here is where you can set P25 bandwidth:

Thanks

When you added the new channels did you click the decodes boxes? If they aren't set to decode then they won't bother looking IIRC.

Thanks

Yep had them clicked. I went ahead and loaded a orIginla plug in and only used 2 mdc personalities. So far no issues decoding missing the ids.

Thanks

Now you need to check 1:1 what was changed that did it. Been there done that when I couldn't decode some VKG stuff around 10 year ago after a major codeplug change. Turned out all it was is that I'd put AND instead of OR in the ASTRO decode and was using F7E so wouldn't match. A simple swap to or fixed it but that took me a few days going through manually checking the entire thing and making a few changes here and there to test.

Thanks

I'll have to play with this more on a long overdue vacation coming up I'll get to play some. I am truly interested why they had issue. The and or was set proper. I'd have to really figure it out in a trial run during my do whatveer I want break.

Thanks

F7E, caught my eye, I'll have to look at this since I do I needed have many set to this.

Thanks

Wouldn't be the first time I've put in something new and forgot to set F7E (still 293) and wondered why it didn't work lol.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tsunami_australia For This Useful Post:

DaveBern (21-12-18)

Thanks

Been a while for this this recently figured it out, kind of.

So the one radio is for sure a Panter radio.

Here's the kicker though that one has no decoding issues if i thtow back in a origin codeplug saved.... but it's file was cloned at one time onto the 2 and somewhere the data in the codeplug is corrupted.

If I load back original files into the radios in question mdc is fine.

I been testing out cloning, drag and drop and nada it still ends up with issue with any data copied over.

I am trying to get the import and export to work, got it to export but anytime I import even with overwrite marked, it will say out of nodes to that effect or exceeding. Same radio type, model, channel limit etc.

My goal is to see if that file corrupted also results in same when imported and exported. Tried cloning, drag and drop and it carries over the issue.

So either it's corrupted data or data with the mdc that's whack.

I rebuilt a codeplug from nothing and then wrote it to radio but my mistake was I used wrong one that had the mdc issue lol. So I guess I'll have to from scratch tackle it.

Thanks

Is it possible the personality for them new channels hasn't had decodes box(es) ticked perhaps? Sounds more like something you've done rather than a radio issue if it's only the new channels seeing the issue.

Thanks

I'm going to go back and reconfirm.

I rebuilt a existing plug that worked with mdc on the issue channels, then rebuilt it to what it needed 2 times already. Leading to same results.

The first zone has same personality, in entire zone. So far 2 channels won't decode mdc but I'll verify and go back over them.

I'll probably go back to basics. Make 5 channels, 1 personality, then double check and see if issue exists.

One thing to note is I used drag and drop, which yielded same issue, build up of a working plug with pick list and same issue.

Import I atempted that however it has issues with importing on overwrite for some reason.

Once I verify it's not a setting I'll side by side each part in 2 windows with a working plug and a issue plug.

Thanks

Did all the checks and nada.

I threw the original plug (first one) back in and it decodes fine.

I'm thinking there is corruption in the data somewhere.

I had dropped the mdc down to 2 mdc personalities/systems and no fix.

I recall way back a error opening a plug up that was saved but I don't recall if it was related to this one but I'm thinking maybe so. Definitely data issue in those particular plugs.

So what I'll do is from scratch make the new plug enter it all manually. I did the clone and it resulted in same issue from old codeplug into new codeplug, drag and drop, and import channel pick lists.

So somewhere there is a corrupted codeplug data I think.

I tuned, aligned the radio again.

For testing I did the drag and drop and also clone into another model, same flashcode, model type and it also had mdc issues. Loaded previous plug back and issue was gone.

I even limited it to 1 channel, 1 zone, 1 personality, 1 mdc system and same issue only on the two or three specific frequencies. Mdc decoded on other radios fine on those channels.

I'm thinking data corruption of sorts but not sure where to pin point other than the mdc data bits.

I'd have to when I get more time compare the data side by side in a hex editor and see if there is a difference from same code plugs, one working mdc, one having mdc issue and see more.
    Last edited by DaveBern; 12-06-19 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks

So latest is I redid the one to stock, ends up same issue. Then I set no mdc muting in the channels and it mutes mdc on the issue channels but the others don't mute.

Very odd. You think cps is writing bad plugs?

Thanks

For anyone following here is a update.

My thinking is it'll help someone eventually if they run into similar.

So I went back and started more digging.

Through the building the of the original back to a new code plug with the data needed to cloning and importing not working here is where I'm at.

I noticed the muting as and un mute/std.

So I set that to same on the issue code plug
    No change. Started digging around and for grins would change things one by one and noticed the concurrent rx in radio wasn't checked on the original plug.

So I unchecked it and what do you know.... mdc is fine now on those 2 issue channels which used the same personality for entire zone that the other channels had no issue on mdc.

Any thoughts to that? While it works and solves my issue why would concurrent rx in radio wide effect only 2 channels using mdc, same conventional personality l, same mdc system the other channels in same zone had no issue with?

Data corruption? Memory allocation issue?

What's odd is I have always enabled concurrent rx on analog and never had issue before until R20 firmware or I'd say maybe around 19. Cause the one sitting at firmware 15.x still has concurrent enabled and has no mdc issues.

Now keep in mind it is possible a Panter radio code plug got used to build and cloned over to the others by mistake (poor management of files my end lol) so keep that in mind above about the Panter alignment comment post which I've taken into consideration.

Very odd data issue with it.

But for now the issue is resolved I believe.
    Last edited by DaveBern; 15-06-19 at 06:56 PM.