Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band

Thanks

Default Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band

Hi

Just thought i would start this thread and see which one of these 2 games people are more keen on getting...

I have pre ordered Guitar Hero World Tour on PS3 as i like the look of the drums better and will be just getting the rock band games to use with the GHWT hardware.

I have noticed on EB Games today that they have just put a release date for Rock Band (finally) for 7/11...

(I would have started a poll but i cant see the option for it)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have had Rock band since its US release as i have both a US and an AUS 360.
    GH: WT looks like a far better game, but this isnt to say that RB is inferior. They have a superior DLC list compared to GH and all RB 1 DLC will integrate into RB 2. Unfortunately my US 360 contracted the RROD before i have had a chance to play RB 2. Just wondering if the cost of getting it fixed is worth it just to play RB 2. From what i have seen the drum kit on GH:WT looks awesome cannot wait to play it, may have to sell my RB drums to facilitate the GH drums.

Thanks

Yes the drums are definetly the reason why i will be buying the GHWT hardware over the Rock Band Hardware.

Thanks

neither....get a real guitar and thank me in a years time

I found these games were fun at first, but wore out pretty quick unless you have people to play with

Thanks

I may be biased but GHWT has a better drum kit.

Hi rised symbols, all drums heads are pressure sensitive and huge backing from bands.

Why am I biased? I indirectly work for Blizzard/Activision.

Thanks

GHWT is brilliant just got it today.

Thanks

Rock Band appeals to me alittle more, it just seems to have more variety imo.
    but
    GH seems to have better quality,
    so it's really a decision, Quantity over Quality?

Thanks

How much is the full rock band set (with the instruments) going for? I've found GH world tour (Wii version) for $291.

There doesnt seem to be too significant a difference between the 2 so if the prices are different i'll go the cheaper one.

Thanks

I think the cheapest is $219 for instruments and game for Rock Band and $279 for the full kit for GHWT.
    I've heard that the GHWT instruments are best,so i'm getting them and just getting Rock Band (and Rock Band 2 when it's released) games seperately.
    I have a 360 though,not sure on Wii prices.

Thanks

Yeah for that price difference and the compatability of the GH instruments in RB. I think I'll be going for GHWT.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitey66 View Post
    I've heard that the GHWT instruments are best,so i'm getting them and just getting Rock Band (and Rock Band 2 when it's released) games seperately.
    Its not the report I've been hearing. Supposedly the foot pedals in GHWT have the same problem Rock Band suffered from. With the delay of Rock Band I'm hoping they have the new updated instruments with it, because I saw a few shots of the drums and they look very solid.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    Its not the report I've been hearing. Supposedly the foot pedals in GHWT have the same problem Rock Band suffered from. With the delay of Rock Band I'm hoping they have the new updated instruments with it, because I saw a few shots of the drums and they look very solid.
    Quote from the latest Australian 360 mag - Equipment: "Guitar Hero World Tour,all the way.The Rock Band gear works fine,and ours hasn't broken yet,but the GHWT kit is way more robust."

Rock Band was not beaten in any of the other categories though,so I can't see any favouritism towards GHWT from the reviewer.

Do you mean you're hoping that the Australian release Rock Band will come with Rock Band 2 instruments? I really doubt that would happen,as I think the price would be higher.

Thanks

Fair enough, I've just heard a few reports of the foot pedals breaking which is common with both GHWT and Rock band, and they have corrected this problem with the new Rockband 2 drums. Also been complaints with sensitivity on the drums on GHWT, as well as problems with the cymbals. Let alone the mistakes activision has made fixing the pedals (EA made the same mistakes too)

With respect to what I said about the Rockband 2 instruments, I was hoping that in the 12 months its taken to get the instruments out here that they would have corrected the problems, like they did with the new instruments. I dont see why these corrections would cost them more, especially considering the costs of warranties.

Either way it might also be luck of the draw when buying these things as is common for the mass manfactured items (controllers especially!).
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Apparently the sensitivity of the drums can be fixed with tuning software.

Thanks

ghwt $248 big w will get it wed.

Thanks

My RB drums are fully modded. I replaced the stock pedal with a 3/4" acrylic pedal, dampened the pads to avoid them registering double hits, and installed gum rubber pads on them to reduce the clack-clacking of the hits and give a more realistic rebound from the sticks. I also have 4 spare sensors in case one blows out. It now performs flawlessly, shame im gonna sell it to get the GH ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuckles View Post
    ghwt $248 big w will get it wed.
    JB's are doing the PS2 version for that price but the wii version is $268 and the PS3 and 360 versions are $288. They do come with a guitar stand though

Thanks

Hi guys

I purchased RB (Rock Band) from Europe after i found out that it wouldn't be released here until now (this was about 4 months ago).
    I have gh2 and gh3 and its clear that since Harmonix departed the franchise after gh2 that the charting of songs has become ridiculous.
    I mean i am not complaining, i can play every song on expert guitar in gh3, but its not realistic in terms of charting instruments.
    For example, the intro to that dragonforce song is really a keyboard.

Anyway, it seems those charting flaws have continued into GH:WT and my main issue is the colour of background and foot pedal of drumkit.
    The foot pedal is represented by a purple horizontal line and the background is blue, its not a very good contrast in comparison to RB.

RB has a greater amount of DLC out, so you can download the songs that you feel you need to have.

Ultimately, the thing that GH:WT has over RB is the instrument quality, although if you have GH3, you can use the LP as the guitar for RB, and the drum kit for RB2 has a cymbal add-on just like the GH:WT kit.
    Both instrument sets are weak, if you play drums for real, you will need to mod the set if your a heavy hitter, i have had to put a steel plate under and on top of my foot pedal.

Anyway, hope this has helped you to choose RB and RB2 over GH:WT.

P.S All the DLC you download and main set of songs in RB1 are transferable to RB2 when you get your hands on that.
    Lets face it, GH are playing catch up to RB now.

Also you can get RB2 PAL version from Europe on 21st of this month.

Peace out

Thanks

I would say catchup is being played by HMX. It took them a whole year to release RB in Aus = a lot of pi55ed off gamers, plus the dodgy instruments havent helped. GHWT is a far better game more polished graphically. Considering RB DLC has been available since its US release( I know cos i have them) its obvious that is where its main appeal lies. Dont get me wrong i see the only winners in this being us gamers who have a plethora of music to play at parties etc. It could may well end up being the Karaoke for our generation.

Thanks

I got the GHWT package and bought the rock band games from the states on PS3 and was very disappointed with:
    a) the GHWT Drums are not compatible with Rock Band
    b) I have the sensitivity issues and need to wait for the midi-usb cable
    c) The pedal is annoying as it keeps constantly moving around as find that it doesnt stick to the carpet at all.

I really hope that they release a patch soon for them to be compatible with Rock Band otherwise i am thinking that i might buy the Rock Band 2 drums set and the cymbals for that... But that will be very costly!! and well am too broke to do that anytime soon :S

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast