Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorten this arßhole !!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Default Shorten this arßhole !!

The shitty smile on his face like he thinks he has done something great:

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH !
    ENOUGH of this hypocrite brainwashing propaganda that we live in a free democratic country.
    We are no better than China or Russia.

While the issue itself technically refers to my other thread about our Government taking away our basic human rights of privacy and security,
    this is about the fact that just like China and Russia we have no choice to Vote other than the same self centred dictatorship that distinguishes itself solely from the colour of the shirt ties worn.

I am taking about the fact that we have the most anti democratic system of preference voting that FORCES me to vote one of these dictatorships.

I demand the right to vote only the candidate of MY choice, in this case an independent, and ONLY that one !!!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 06-12-18 at 09:31 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-12-18),enf (07-12-18),hinekadon (06-12-18)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Bill Shorten and the Labor party will say and do anything to gain voters, he and Labor have no morals and will destroy Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sickens me!!!!!!

Thanks

deleted.
    Last edited by Guiseppe; 07-12-18 at 08:56 AM.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Premium Member

Thanks

Bill Shortstuff and Hilary Clinton are in the same boat if you ask me. Treacherous thugs

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamve For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (07-12-18),eaglem (08-12-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

My mind just cannot process the possibility that little billy shortcomings will more than likely be in power next year.........................I think its time to migrate to the sheep shagger country !!!, only problem being N.Z. is governed by a horsehead

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

No only me who is fuming:

"Do the politicians not understand the internet? … Or do they understand and do not care?"
    The coaliton is openly stupid, but Shorten is a sneaky slime shitter, period
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-12-18),hinekadon (07-12-18)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

How does a coalition of cross bench independents get into power and f*ckthe majors , sweet dreams ????

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    No only me who is fuming:

The coaliton is openly stupid, but Shorten is a sneaky slime shitter, period
    No nomeat. The coalition is openly stupid atm, whereas Shorten is openly stupid ALL the time. The ALP has made a major mistake in my view, certainly not enough to alter the next election but dumb. AND unnecessary as it exposes their TRUE refugee policy.

And as for the quote from the ABC link, no they don't understand the internet and NO, they DON'T care. For the very reasons you stated in the original post.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-12-18),hinekadon (07-12-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

So guys, humour me as I’m somewhat confused, who is it that introduced/wrote this legislation? Was it Labor or Liberal?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    So guys, humour me as I’m somewhat confused, who is it that introduced/wrote this legislation? Was it Labor or Liberal?
    It was my understanding that there isn't any actual legislation. Just a vote on policy for the refos on the island. Its .a nya nya stunt.

Haven't read much about it though...probably obvious to all.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Ted,

Since everyone else seems to busy gagging on their rage, here's the answer to your question, with a few salient points highlighted:

(Note: The link I've provided is from The Australian, so you can be confident that it is accurate and balanced )

Labor ‘backflips’ over Kerryn Phelps’s medivac bill (see, you can tell it's balanced by the headline )

Labor has backed a crossbench bill that would allow medical evacuations of refugees and asylum-seekers from Manus Island and Nauru on the advice of two doctors in a move blasted by the government as an abandonment of regional processing.

The Labor caucus today agreed to back independent MP Kerryn Phelps’s medivac bill, but only if the transfers were subject to ministerial oversight.

Immigration Minister David Coleman said the bill was a “complete backflip” by Labor that would restart the people-smuggling trade by providing a clear pathway from offshore processing countries to Australia.

“This bill is about ending regional processing and resettlement,” Mr Coleman said.

“It goes against everything they have been saying for the past five years. This bill, if supported by Labor, is the green light people-smugglers have been waiting for.”

The Phelps bill would allow refugees and asylum-seekers — including those suspected of being terrorists — to be evacuated to Australia on the advice of doctors.

Labor would amend the Phelps bill to retain a ministerial power of veto on all medivacs. If transfers were refused, the minister would be required to make a statement to parliament explaining why.

Labor would also require an independent health advice panel to advise the immigration minister on medical transfers.

Opposition immigration spokesman Shayne Neumann said Labor would maintain the strong deterrence against people-smugglers that currently existed by ensuring the immigration minister had the final say on all medical evacuations.

“Labor will never outsource the powers of the Migration Act to an individual who is not the minister or a delegate of the minister,” Mr Neumann told The Australian.

“Every time the Liberals lie about Labor’s strong position on border protection, they are a walking, talking billboard for the people-smugglers, encouraging them to restart their vile trade.”

Dr Phelps said there was a role for ministerial oversight, “but it needs to be well-defined”.

The member for Wentworth, who has been in parliament for less than a fortnight, said she was talking to individual government MPs, urging them to cross the floor to support the medivac bill and legislation to establish a new federal corruption watchdog.

“Obviously in some of those cases we would need someone to cross the floor from the Liberal Party,” she told the ABC.

For the bill to be debated in the lower house, Dr Phelps would need the support of all crossbenchers and all Labor MPs.

If one or more independents sided with the government, she would need one or more government MPs to cross the floor.

The Bill is referred to as a "crossbench Bill".....apparently prepared by Phelps.

Border security has always been a good election spinner for the Coalition, and god knows they need all the spinners they can get right now
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 09-12-18 at 07:36 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-12-18)

Thanks

Ted,

It has just occurred to me that your query may have been about the Encryption Bill passed by the Upper House late Thursday.......I think that was the actual subject of this thread, although it's a bit hard to tell through all the invective.

The Encryption Bill is the brainchild of the Coalition........it has been publicly opposed by just about everyone except the Coalition, including all of the relevant industry in Australia and overseas, the legal profession, civil liberties groups, etc.

The Bill passed the House of Reps on the Coalitions vote, and went to the Senate.

In the Senate, Labor proposed a raft of amendments in line with the recommendations of the National Security Committee (a Committee of six Coalition and Five Labor members....the recommendations were unanimous).

Because there were amendments to be considered, the Bill was to go back to the House of Reps, but because the Coalition no longer has the numbers there, this posed the danger of a defeat on the floor of the house for the Coalition....most embarrassing.

So our beloved PM Morrison did the only honorable thing left to him.....he shut down Parliament and sent everybody home.

The Senate was then faced with two choices:

1. Leave the original Coalition Bill sitting in the Senate unpassed over the holiday break until February when Parliament reconvenes (and face the possibility of having sh1t dumped all over them if there was a terrorist attack in the meantime), or

2. Pass the Coalition Bill as it stands, and seek agreement from the Coalition to debate the proposed amendments in February.

And so it was that the Senate adopted option 2.

A nice little bit of political maneuvering on the part of the Coalition to have a deeply flawed Bill passed.

But of course.......it's all Bill shortens fault.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-12-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Deeply flawed bills are passed every day and always have been. That's the nature of politics and reluctant compromise. Otherwise nothing would get done.

It's a sad fact, and a sad reflection of the hate in politics, more so in recent years.

It seemed to me that Bill shorten is just shoring up his position for the upcoming congress. Of course if you believe Bill suddenly actually cares, then you see it differently.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-12-18),eaglem (09-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    .........Of course if you believe Bill suddenly actually cares, then you see it differently.

I prefer to comment on the basis of facts, not beliefs.

My two posts above, to the best of my knowledge, represent the facts of each matter.........no beliefs involved.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-12-18),alpha0ne (09-12-18),enf (09-12-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    I prefer to comment on the basis of facts, not beliefs.

My two posts above, to the best of my knowledge, represent the facts of each matter.........no beliefs involved.
    Right! It's been my observation that you've always had a little faith, but OK........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Right! It's been my observation that you've always had a little faith, but OK........

I'd call it more desperate hope, rather than faith.

Seems that there's precious little else to hang on to these days

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-12-18),enf (09-12-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    I'd call it more desperate hope, rather than faith.

Seems that there's precious little else to hang on to these days
    Fair enough. Given the calibre and honesty of the people involved, the best that can be hoped for I guess......sad.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Have I got this clear?
    Labor will never outsource the powers of the Migration Act to an individual who is not the minister or a delegate of the minister
    Labor will never outsource to anyone other than the minister or his/her delegate. In other words, it's not outsourcing, it's just delegation. That is double speak if ever I heard it.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

This was NOT about refugees !!!

Liberals(pretty sure Dutton as nobody else probably even knows what encryption means) want total access to our devices and communication with backdoors provided by all the tech companies.

Labor(apparently somebody knew a little bit why encryption is important) said that bill is flawed, needs more discussion and amendments about what and when these things can be accessed.

Shorten(who knows absolutely nothing) said fvck that, lets just pass it they way the Liberals want and he can go on holidays.
    He now thinks he is as a hero because he doesn't support terrorism.

All the brain dead in our parliament have now given terrorists a new playing field for cyber-terrorism as these backdoors will eventually become accessible some way or another.
    More about the consequences here:
    !!!

Oh and if some smart arse says "I don't care, I have nothing to hide" tell them to post their username and password for their online banking here.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (09-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Have I got this clear?
    Labor will never outsource to anyone other than the minister or his/her delegate. In other words, it's not outsourcing, it's just delegation. That is double speak if ever I heard it.
    Actually, it's not double-speak...........it's an integral and long-standing part of our Parliamentary process and procedures:

2: Authorisation and delegation

When Parliament creates a statutory power it vests that power in some individual or body who is then able to exercise it. Power can be vested in a person holding an existing office in the Executive Government, for example, the Governor-General, a Minister or the secretary of a department. When Parliament vests power in a person that person is generally required to exercise the power personally. However, the person or body in which Parliament directly vests a power can designate another person to exercise that power where there is:

1. an express power to delegate; or
    2. an implied power to authorise.

If you think that every decision made by Government that affects your life is made personally by the responsible Minister, then you are sadly mistaken.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if we had been reliant on Ministers of the Crown to make all of the decisions affecting our lives since 1901, we'd probably still be making our way around the place on horses and living in bark humpies

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast