Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
It sure was all over the news ;-)

They been quitly waiting for an event like Gatwick to unleash thier planned introduction of Rego and other rules.
But who is going to enforce it?
Exactly the reason this being a " Manufactured" incident would be more than creditable.

Are all the parts of these drones gfoing to have to be purchased against a Licenses as well. Don't know anything about drones but I have seen parts for sale on the net so if I want a radio or a motor or battery pack, are they going to have to be purchased with a license or can I just go buy the parts and make my own like I have seen so many do particularly with larger machines?

I was surfing YT last night and came across a vid on a flying wing type model plane made by a drone manufacturer that flew 20 Miles round trip. I was thinking what the hell is the difference between those things and a drone? I could up scale one to drop a bomb just as easy ( probably easier) as I could a drone or do anything else with ill intent. If I want to take out an airport I could probably just fly some kites around the area.
If you want to cause or commit an act of terror or disruptive protest, don't even need all this High tech, go steal truck if you want to do some damage and registration and licensing of cars and trucks hasn't stopped terrorist attacks has it?

Again, Just a money grab by gubbermints riding on the back of a Noble excuse. Terror and security is the scape goat for all sorts of big brother and revenue raising schemes now.
This is all part of a bigger agenda in fun Policing. Getting so you can't do or enjoy anything these days without some sort of additional cost and turning innocent activity into something suspect and socially questionable.