Thread: A Merry Christmas To All

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Default A Merry Christmas To All

Sadly modernised.....actual author unknown.

On behalf of myself, I desperately want to convey seasonal greetings to everyone without offending any human under Section 18c (thanks ALP!) of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

eaglem (26-12-18),gordonwh40 (26-12-18),Guiseppe (26-12-18),hinekadon (25-12-18),irritant (25-12-18),Keith (25-12-18),lsemmens (25-12-18),mandc (26-12-18),mkhannah (25-12-18),mtv (26-12-18),Uncle Fester (25-12-18)

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

On behalf of myself, I desperately want to convey seasonal greetings to everyone without offending any human under Section 18c (thanks ALP!) of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
    And a special thanks to tesla owners for trying to save the planet

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (25-12-18),mtv (26-12-18),Uncle Fester (25-12-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Happy Christmas everybody!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

mtv (26-12-18),Uncle Fester (25-12-18)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

OK, I will have to speak to my Lawyer before I can accept that.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (25-12-18),hinekadon (25-12-18),lsemmens (25-12-18),mtv (26-12-18)

Thanks

Ho! Ho! Ho!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homebrew041 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (25-12-18),mtv (26-12-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

You do realise that this is still sexist! I've highlighted the offending words. There are those who cannot make up their mind, too, what sort they want to be, you've made no reference to them either

Meantime have a MERRY (hic!) Christmas and a Happy (hic!) New Year! Which, in this household, begins exactly 7 days after CHRISTMAS!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (25-12-18),mtv (26-12-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Merry Xmas to all!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

mtv (26-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,060 Posts

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

mtv (26-12-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to dai For This Useful Post:

mtv (26-12-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just my thoughts

The Eagle Flies High!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglem For This Useful Post:

enf (26-12-18),mtv (26-12-18)

Thanks

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - all year - austechnicians.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

mtv (26-12-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Christmas means many different things to different people.

Whatever it means to you, I hope it brings you happiness.

Merry Christmas!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (26-12-18)