My place at Inverloch Victoria seems to have very marginal GSM coverage, phone calls will often drop out and mobile data is extremely slow, have done some googling but am unable to find any reasonable information to either support or prove wrong my experience. The number of signal bars is rarely above one or two, "4G" or "H+" also shows up, but you have to be patient with any data connection.

Does any one have any advice as to where to check this detail? ... all the 3 carriers is what I wish to investigate.

Most houses in the "newish" estate area I am in (including mine) also have metal colorbond roofing, all very clean and smooth looking but unfortunately also I believe a very good faraday cage blocking or at least reducing GSM signal from all carriers inside the house ... typically I can walk outside and make the important call without fearing or experiencing a drop out.

I recently invested in a GSM signal repeater, there is a Yagi receiving antenna on top of the house, a signal booster and local transmitting antenna inside the house. This has definitely made an improvement although best results are found if i am within 5 or 6 metres from the internal antenna, the installer I purchased and had this job done through is revisiting as it is known that a suitable usage range should be much more that this.
BTW the GSM repeater covers all carriers and has a premium price, so I expect I should be getting better than what I am experiencing.

If anyone has any experience or advice here also this would be appreciated.