My father in law's RAI setup coming off Asia Sat 5 C Band has recently played up - the reception level was always a bit touch and go, the gear was relocated from another neighbour in June last year who passed away, a mesh dish setup (min size 2.4m from memory) that has seen a few years but still all in one piece .

It has been working in current location however about a month ago reception level dropped such that RAI was not receivable, other channels such as Oman TV were "just"receivable ... approx 47 SNR level indicated coming from the Set Top box being used and sometimes pixelating.

As I had peaked the dish up in the past and after checking and rechecking cable connections I ordered a new LNB anyway thinking this being a likely culprit. When I have tried fixing it last week and then again yesterday I seem t have gone backwards and can no longer find any signal either on the new or old LNB

I have gone over the basics such as Azimuth & elevation for Mount Waverley, Australia: 301.88° & 26.39° respectively however it is still not a goer. As another point of elimination I have also grabbed an old DM500 with settings to a non MPEG 4 channel however it is still a no go.

In times like this I have to walk away have a good think as well as a reach out for help or advice on this. I am also contemplating having someone who does this for a living to come and do the retuning for me for a fee.

If anyone has any recommendations on approach to fix and or a referral to someone in Melbourne SE suburbs that will be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance