Thread: Momentun (Hytera) 450 repeater and the ham band

Thanks

Default Momentun (Hytera) 450 repeater and the ham band

I got ahold of a used Momentum HDR100 (which is a relabeled Hytera RD982), factory set to 450-520 mhz. The repeater had no TX power out, but I was able to repair that failure.

Now I'd like to reprogram for ham 445 mhz; but as you suspect... the programing software won't allow it. These Momentum RD982's have Momentum firmware and require the Momentum software (which I have; and am able to read & write to the beast). At the beginning I'd like to stay with the Momentum stuff... and get a stand-alone DMR repeater on the air. Then maybe reflash to real Hytera firmware once this is in operation and connect up to a network.

I've read on this forum about the need to edit a config file somewhere to allow slightly lower freqs to be accepted, but have only found these mentions... but never a specific on what needs done. Is this file located in the repeater (possibly in the controllers memory) or located with the progamming software on my computer?

Are there some clearer instructions about doing this? I tried a search, but couldn't locate anything specific (probably didn't use the proper search words).
    I hope it is similar enough to the Momentum software I am using at the moment.

Any help is appreciated

Tim
    Last edited by N8NQH; 12-01-19 at 11:47 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You go and edit the "Model.dat" file, under the FW version that the repeater has. you edit it so that you change the ranges, eg; 450-520 would be changed to 440-520.
    This will then show that the repeater in the CPS is now 440 to 520 so you can program anywhere between those frequencies.
    Just be aware that these repeaters will go out of lock about 10mhz out of band, so if you push it too far, it will not lock and will so PLL out of lock on the display.

Thanks

Thank you so much.

Question, when I modify the proper DAT file... do I need to then send upload the firmware to the repeater... or just read the repeater out and enjoy the opened frequency capability?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by redgu View Post
    You go and edit the "Model.dat" file, under the FW version that the repeater has. you edit it so that you change the ranges, eg; 450-520 would be changed to 440-520.
    This will then show that the repeater in the CPS is now 440 to 520 so you can program anywhere between those frequencies.
    Just be aware that these repeaters will go out of lock about 10mhz out of band, so if you push it too far, it will not lock and will so PLL out of lock on the display.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N8NQH View Post
    Thank you so much.

Question, when I modify the proper DAT file... do I need to then send upload the firmware to the repeater... or just read the repeater out and enjoy the opened frequency capability?

Tim

No. the CPS is the restriction, so once you modify the Model.dat file the CPS will think that all radios / repeaters that are U2 band (450-520) are now the new band that you set in the model.dat. Even if you open up an existing repeater file, that will also show up as the new frequency range.

Also if you get stuck, you could send me the repeaters file, i can modify it via my CPS (Program out of band) and then you can open it up with your normal CPS. If the frequencies that are out of band are already in there, then the CPS doesn't care and you can just program the repeater, you will not be able to modify the frequencies though.

Thanks

I will be trying this in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Good news; I found and modified that .DAT file, and it worked. I can now enter freqs in the 440mhz range.

THANK-YOU !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N8NQH View Post
    Good news; I found and modified that .DAT file, and it worked. I can now enter freqs in the 440mhz range.

THANK-YOU !!!
    Great News. Glad it worked, and at 440-450Mhz, you should be fine with it working with no changes to the repeaters specs.