Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most of the EU are pleading with England to stay!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yep, that's modern "progressive leftism". If you don't get the result you want, cause as much trouble as possible to force another vote. People will then be that confused the majority will vote to stay and the endless parade of economic asylum seekers can continue to invade England via Europe.
    That is utter rubbish. A Brexit will do nothing towards that.
    The UK and Ireland had already opted out of the Schengen Agreement in 1999.
    They are under no obligation to freely allow EU residents in. What they do with refugees is their own decision and has little to do with the EU.
    They could always turn back the boats over the Channel and AFAIK they are doing just that.
    A Brexit on the contrary could make matters worse according to this report:

I think a lot of people where already confused at the first referendum that Brexit was about stopping asylum seekers.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-01-19 at 10:00 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-01-19)

Thanks

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again

• The Following User Says Thank You to mello yello For This Useful Post:

porkop (17-01-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mello yello View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and then back on again
    Let’s just turn it off, walk away, matter solved!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-01-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    That is utter rubbish.
    Right back at ya.

EU membership allows freedom of movement between each others territories. The Schengen agreement means SFA when you are talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. You know, those people that keep jumping in trucks in France and trying to get to the UK.

Brexit means you can actually implement your own laws rather than be dictated to by the EU....fancy that ! What we take for granted, EU members don't have.

You would have to be very naive to think Brexit will have no effect on border control.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    No sorry. Trump WAS elected to build a wall funded by Mexico and you know it admin. He lied and a small but critical group of Americans were stupid and dumb enough to believe this ridiculous furphy.

It's the Democrats (none I whom I personally have any time for, especially Clinton) who are right here. My personal dislike of this stupid, probably traiterous and narcissistic individual has nought to do with this particular issue and no matter how much you defend him, you know it too.

Oh, on a personal level......F*ck him!! He's a self centred liar.
    No sorry back at you too

I wont bother with too much typing and simply refer you to Reschs post as it sums it up.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

No sorry back at you too

I wont bother with too much typing and simply refer you to Reschs post as it sums it up.
    Rationalisation of a shell game usually does.....

Prior to the ridiculous GOFundMe campaign................"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

I'm not in the least surprised that a small bunch of dumb hicks fell for it, but you and Reschs stun me, you truly do.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

If 800,000 unpaid workers amount to $20b a year unspent then Trump should have his wall money by Easter

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Right back at ya.

EU membership allows freedom of movement between each others territories. The Schengen agreement means SFA when you are talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. You know, those people that keep jumping in trucks in France and trying to get to the UK.

and the opt out of the EU visa policies and instead operate their own separate visa policies, as do certain overseas territories of EU and Schengen member states.
    ...and the DO have border control with passport check:

Brexit means you can actually implement your own laws rather than be dictated to by the EU....fancy that ! What we take for granted, EU members don't have.

You would have to be very naive to think Brexit will have no effect on border control.

David Wood, former deputy chief executive of the Border Agency and ex-director general of immigration enforcement at the Home Office, said Britain may lose protections currently given under the Dublin Agreement, which says asylum seekers should claim refuge in the first safe country they arrive in.
    “Brexit may affect all of this,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. “Once we are out of the EU we are not, I suspect, part of Dublin. Currently if people come here and claim asylum and it is found they claimed asylum in another EU country they can be returned to that EU country. If we are out of the Dublin Agreement we would be out of that.”
    Britain can never be the first safe country when they came from the east, south or even north. Not aware of any refugees coming over the Atlantic.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-01-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Rationalisation of a shell game usually does.....

Prior to the ridiculous GOFundMe campaign................"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

I'm not in the least surprised that a small bunch of dumb hicks fell for it, but you and Reschs stun me, you truly do.

Part of his election promises was to build a wall on the US/Mexico border.

Obama built one, no problem. Current Democrat senate leader Chuck Shumer had no problem then, but seems to now.

Now that Trump is elected, lawfully and democratically, to the position of President and wants to build it, the Democrats block it. Seemingly its ok for Democrats to build walls, but not ok for Trump to build one simply because..... he is Trump.

I am a bit "back at you" on your last sentence. I am a bit surprised you fell for the Democrat's spin on it. Who cares where the funds come from ? It would pay for itself well and truly and the requested 5.7 billion is not much on the scale of the US economy....0.01 per cent of federal funding. The total cost to complete is estimated at 12 billion...again, while it might seem a lot to us, it isn't a lot when you consider the US economy. About 400,000 migrants were caught trying to cross the US/Mexico border last year. Senate Republicans reported 6000 were gang members. There were 60,000 unaccompanied children who arrived at the border in the last financial year — a 25 per cent increase.

The think tank Federation for American Immigration Reform issued a study that estimated the cost of resettling refugees for the five years to 2016. The authors included costs for various government services, public education and housing, Medicaid and food stamps. They concluded that for the first five years, resettling a refugee cost about $US79,600 ($110,200) in taxpayer funding. Across the period studied, taxpayers paid $US8.8bn for refugee resettlement. The Victorian Government spent 1.2 billion dollars not building a road, the US Government will have their financial outlay on a wall returned in realistically a short period of time.

Here is a quote worth reading from The Australian last week :

To understand just how much politics is being played in Washington over Donald Trump’s proposed border wall, you need only look back to 2006.

In that year congress acted to curb illegal border crossings from Mexico into the US by passing the Secure Fence Act authorising the construction of 1050km of barriers along the border — roughly one-third of the almost 3200km border.

Voting in favour of that partial border wall were future Democrat leaders and then senators Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer.

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He said the law would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country”.

As president, it was Obama who built most of the present 1050km barrier along the border.

But today’s Democrat leaders, who still include Schumer, say Trump’s proposed wall — this time along the entire US-Mexico border — is now “immoral”.
    It really sums up the situation. It's ok for Obama to build a 1050 kilometer long wall, but not ok for Trump to do the same. There are 11 million undocumented migrants living in the US and a large share of that number come across the poorly defended US/Mexico border with 400,000 people apprehended there last year. Trump wants to build 1600 km's to complement the current 1050 km's of wall.

Personally, I don't like Trump. He's rude, brash and used to getting his own way. Economically, I do like Trump. He has dragged the United States up, Obama dragged it down. The unemployment rate is currently at a 17 year low, a tiny 3.7%.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (18-01-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

I'll just quote myself again for your benefit nomeat, rather than post a page full of news links.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    You can chuck an extra VERY in there too if you like.

Thanks

I'll just quote myself again for your benefit nomeat, rather than post a page full of news links.

Originally Posted by Admin
    You would have to be very naive to think Brexit will have no effect on border control.You can chuck an extra VERY in there too if you like.

You seem to have comprehension problems. I never said a Brexit would have no effect.

It will have a VERY negative effect!

Once Britain leaves the EU, any refugees that manage to get to the UK will be totally their problem. Nobody is obliged to take them back anymore and I am very certain the French won't take bribes to accept turned back boats either.
    People smugglers will take advantage and the boats will never end.

What I think many are unaware of is that many illegal immigrants come to the UK using official work Visas and then run away from their employers.
    It has always been like that, well I know since the 1990's at least. No Brexit will stop that either.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 17-01-19 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

They are setting up for a "Hard Exit ", which will be the best option. No agreements with anyone. New start

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12