Thread: Challenger 4 door controller prob

Thanks

Default Challenger 4 door controller prob

Hi I am new to this forum, but have been in electronics game for over 20 years.
    I have a local nursing home (very rural area) that has a Challenger V8 with 6x DGP 4 relay controllers to operate doors, . Problem is DGP 4 is failing to lock doors, this one is only using 2 relays for 2 doors, each door has an internal and external keypad. the relays are always energized (light on on PC board), if you set them to lock in Titan software it says it changes status to lock but the relays don't change state, hence doors are not secured. I have reprogrammed the doors to the 2 spare relays to no change, the Challenger is polling fine, can change relays in software fine and see the different relay lights on pcb, but for some reason cant lock the doors.
    I am a licenced security installer, but have very limited experience with these panels and the company that installed this one over a decade ago dosent exist any more, have tried contacting Hills with no response (sat on hold for ages left callback request no response).
    Regards

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If you just put power to the locks do they lock?
    Are you sure you are triggering the correct relays, that is do the lights on the PCB change state when you trigger it?
    Is the AC and battery OK?

Thanks

Default Thanks Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpv01 View Post
    If you just put power to the locks do they lock?
    Are you sure you are triggering the correct relays, that is do the lights on the PCB change state when you trigger it?
    Is the AC and battery OK?
    Yep
    locks work fine, relay mapping is correct, and no the lights don't change state. Have checked both batterys and they test fine, ac is ok as well. The software says state has changed but nothing on dgp4 changes. I am thinking may be faulty board?.
    Staff are adamant it used to work.
    cheers

Thanks

Are you sure it is DGP 4? (dipswitch 3 only on on address reader)
    First 2 relays on 4 door intelligent reader no. 4 should be 29&30. Are these the relays you are triggering?

Thanks

I am assuming that you have TS0867 4 x Door controllers.
    When you change the state of the relay / door are you using the door control menu?

If you are sure that the programming is OK then I would suggest that you initialize the controller and before you download the data back into it check that the relays function by doing a request to exit function on each RTE terminal on the board.
    If they work then de-poll the other door controllers except this one and do a full download including users. (the other controllers will just keep on trucking and saves time and user interruption) and then see whats happening.
    Could just be corrupt data.
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpv01 View Post
    Are you sure it is DGP 4? (dipswitch 3 only on on address reader)
    First 2 relays on 4 door intelligent reader no. 4 should be 29&30. Are these the relays you are triggering?
    yep defiantly DGP 4 dip 3 on
    Relays 65 66 67 68 ??
    only using 65 66, but if I reprogram to 67 68 then lights on 65 66 go out and 67 68 come on but problem still exist 67 68 won't change state.
    Original set up was 65 66

Thanks

Disregard my last post.

Ok so you have a 4 way relay card connected to a DGP?

Check what Event flags are driving the relays and see what is creating those. (See reports / Event tree)
    Do you have any macro's running?

What are the settings in your Ras programming.

Thanks

Thanks Poody,
    had thought of doing redump, was trying to avoid it but it seems next logical step. Unfortunately some of these controllers are in the roof space ( this one especially).
    they are ts0867 panels. The events are the same as other doors on different DGPs and have compared settings from known working to non working and only difference I can see is relay and input numbers as should
    Last edited by JONLIN; 21-01-19 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks

Is DGP 4 polled as a Standard DGP or an 4-Door Controller? I'm confused as to why you're triggering relays and you mention "locking" them in TITAN. The DOORS on DGP4 if it is a 4DC should be door numbers 29-32. These are the onboard realys. The relays on DGP4 should be 65-80. They are added with relay cards. If you're using 4-way relay cards on that DGP and you're having trouble mapping them, it sounds like a relay controller issue or an event/macro holding them inactive. DIP Switch 6 should be OFF if you're using 4-way relay cards. You can use two 4-way relay cards together, but you cannot mix an match with 8-way relay cards. Agree with Poody to check the event tree on the relay. You can document the EF on relays 65 & 66, remove the EF and then try manually triggering them.

Thanks

We need to clarify whether you are using the on board relays or a relay card attached to controller.
    You cannot directly control relays on the door controller from the control menu.

As others have said the 4 x relays on DGP4 are seen as doors 29 to 32. They are also seen as dgp relays 65 to 68. But for the system to see / control these as DGP relays you have to create them in Map Relays. If you then want to operate one of them eg 65 then you will have to write a door controller macro.
    Input = DGP relay 65
    Activate = Physical relay 1 or Activate = Open door 29 or Activate = DGP 65. Or other options.

Check to see if you have programming for doors / Controller 4 macro's

I would suggest that the relays would be programmed as doors.
    Do they have a timezone attached?
    Are they controlled by an area?

If you are looking in the Event tree you will not see any info relating to the door controllers other than inputs and relays on the controller created in the Challenger.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    We need to clarify whether you are using the on board relays or a relay card attached to controller.
    You cannot directly control relays on the door controller from the control menu.

As others have said the 4 x relays on DGP4 are seen as doors 29 to 32. They are also seen as dgp relays 65 to 68. But for the system to see / control these as DGP relays you have to create them in Map Relays. If you then want to operate one of them eg 65 then you will have to write a door controller macro.
    Input = DGP relay 65
    Activate = Physical relay 1 or Activate = Open door 29 or Activate = DGP 65. Or other options.

Check to see if you have programming for doors / Controller 4 macro's

I would suggest that the relays would be programmed as doors.
    Do they have a timezone attached?
    Are they controlled by an area?

If you are looking in the Event tree you will not see any info relating to the door controllers other than inputs and relays on the controller created in the Challenger.

Ts0867 using the 4 onboard relays, led active door connected to "NO" connection unlocked (stricker no power), relay off door locked. I tried remapping one of the relays and macro as per set up found on web and relay wouldn't change state.
    Yes there is a Timezone to have all (there is a total of 6DGP and 18 doors at this place), doors unlocked during daytime and auto lock down at night, used to work fine, now its just this DGP (4) with its 2 doors attached to causing problems. The program hasn't been changed except when I remapped relays, then put it back how it was. Further more the 4 keypads don't seem to do anything even though led show power connected to them?.
    Thinking Ill default panel and do a redump of program