Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mediastar HD8200S - Plugins

Thanks

It shouldn't be much different from VLC client, right? The surplus is you can actually control the Satellite Receiver and in control of what you see.

But so far I can't even do it with VLC.... :-( tonight I'll try this Air TiVi + ;-)

Thanks

Ok I've tried. ;-)

Wasn't easy, the majority of the download links don't work, web sites out of order, etc... So seems this software is not supported anymore.

Went directly to Fortis site in Korea and can't even search on it. The Fortis portal disappeared and only remains a few Forums that mentions the app.

I finally found the version for PC in a french web site but I really don't recommend going there, so not going to post it here.

I've install it after throwing every single anti virus tool that i got to it, and nothing suspicious was found. Even so... I've install it on a old PC. :-/

Anyway, it auto detect the Media Server and list all the channels that I have tune it, so it was talking with the Satellite Receiver! (it bugs me didn't follow the organized order that i have on Receiver, but that's details!)
    I select current channel, and it gave an error, hmm didn't start well then select next one and within seconds I was watching the channel!!!! Back to previous channel and got the streaming error again... hmmm.

Went to Satellite receiver and changed selected channel to the one it was correctly streaming. Back to PC and was able to watch channel that gave error, then went to select the "good" one and gave streaming error, seems I'm not able to watch same channel as the one selected weird or maybe not. Ok next I try Remote Button with the idea if i change the selected channel I could control what can I watch on PC, but nothing happens. Click twice and its like nothing is home, no error no event, nothing. Then tried Radio channels and no problem at all. By this stage was 1:30 am... so hey I need to get some sleep.

It works but yeah there's always a but, but streaming is amazing. before I shut down I tried VLC again, maybe it learnt something, but no still doesn't work.

Work in progress... :-)

Thanks

I think i have the software airtivi software in a folder somewhere.
    I did find the pdf instructions for it.

software is android version i have the windows version somewhere

Thanks

if they wont download direct go here

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (15-02-19)

Thanks

Ok second night with this "amazing" software.

First the remote feature, it happens that the author of this software put the remote on a second screen, so it always was there i just couldn't see it! LOL

I finally was able to have a look when tried to change window size, it didn't let me but it shift on the screen to left and here it was the remote screen! Yeah all good, it works change channels, see info, etc.. as if it was a second remote. :-) The only thing is, when you are streaming, you are almost unable to use the remote specially if you are not in the same room as the Satellite Receiver to see what is actually happening with the receiver, because it presents an extra window message saying that needs to stop streaming before it can actually change channels. And by default is "No" button so you need to change to yes and then hit the ok button. Of course i only noted this behaviour when I brought the old notebook together with Satellite Receiver on same room, to see what actually was going on, because I wasn't able to change the channels.

Other thing there's no button in the application to stop the streaming, need to find out a practical way to do it and then I'm able to use the remote normally. Yeah i can always exit it, but that's not very good, I reckon.

Next was to try the BISS channels, no sweat, as if they are normal channels of course if I select one without the right code, it simple gives an error. Fair enough. :-)

Next 4:2:2, a child play push the button and we didn't even realise that is a special channel. old PC is able to play, although I can see it already starts to struggle specially the HD channels.

Ok happy with results so I installed on my main PC that has 2 screens, and I can see the full view of TiVi+ with the remote on second screen. I guess the author had a "little fun", I understand why it did it, leave a dedicated screen to TV, but it should notify that the remote window was open somewhere, in case like me I wasn't able to see it! Anyway one of these cases that before you know you are very frustrated and after you just laugh... LOL

Other events I described on other thread and involves Terrestrial Service Error, yes there were further developments. ;-)

Now can I stream to internet with this app? I guess that's more a tweak on the Modem-Router and Satelite Receiver. Or the easiest way is streaming with a PC streaming server instead?.

Thanks

To stream back out onto the net one you have your localized stream on your network. you will need something like

and a suitable service to stream to.

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (18-02-19)

Thanks

Very Interesting. Got some more reading to do.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12