Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Pavilion G7 Shut down on SATURDAYS ONLY

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    why whinge about an additional $72 for a genuine battery
    Shows we are all Different. It not about the Money Its about (Possibility) Forcing customers to buy there batteries that are possibility made in China and the only difference is that chip is side that count the hour of usage or the day of usages or it its Genuine and thats it.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 19-02-19 at 10:32 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Shows we are all Different. It not about the Money Its about (Possibility) Forcing customers to buy there batteries that are possibility made in China and the only difference is that chip is side that count the hour of usage or the day of usages or it its Genuine and thats it.
    It's possible the batteries are similar but I'd be inclined to think the genuine battery has better quality cells, better monitoring (safety, temperature, etc) than the much cheaper version.

It's a bizarre issue of stopping working on a particular day every week, which I have not heard of previously.

Agreed, we are different, which is why I wouldn't bother wasting my time any further, cut my losses from buying a cheap battery that has issues and just buy a genuine battery which I know will be guaranteed to work.

I probably wouldn't have bought such a cheap battery to begin with, given the relatively cheap cost of a genuine battery.

You on the other hand are certainly entitled to waste your time and money if you so wish.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

It's possible the batteries are similar but I'd be inclined to think the genuine battery has better quality cells, better monitoring (safety, temperature, etc) than the much cheaper version.

It's a bizarre issue of stopping working on a particular day every week, which I have not heard of previously.

Agreed, we are different, which is why I wouldn't bother wasting my time any further, cut my losses from buying a cheap battery that has issues and just buy a genuine battery which I know will be guaranteed to work.

I probably wouldn't have bought such a cheap battery to begin with, given the relatively cheap cost of a genuine battery.

You on the other hand are certainly entitled to waste your time and money if you so wish.
    No its all about I dont like anything, Anyone dictating to me and that it. At the end of the Day after this Nobody in our house or family that relies on me, what to buy or what to do because most of our family is not tech minded and most of the time they listen to me. Well if its HP doing this they might not give a rats ar.se but when more people read this and talk about this and because alert on this this is enough for me.
    At the end of the day its given my head practice time behind the keyboard. That alone is GOLD!

Administrator
    Thanks

So what do you intend to do now about the battery, assuming there is no way around the issue?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Does it do it when plugged in to charger?

I doubt it's anything knowingly done by hp, more than likely a conflict with the battery charge controller.

Try:

Search for and open Device Manager.
    Click next to Batteries to expand the battery options.
    With the options expanded, right-click each ACPI option and in the menu, click Uninstall.
    Restart the computer.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm wondering if it might be something in the OS. Try booting from a Live OS like Linux, and let it run for a few days starting from Friday and see if it still shuts down on Saturday. An Ultimate Boot CD or Hirens should also have the same effect.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

shred (19-02-19)

Thanks

That is a really good, easy way to eliminate a software problem in this instance.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-02-19)

Thanks

So what do you intend to do now about the battery, assuming there is no way around the issue?
    Don't know buy I'm thinking on what to do but I will not buy another battery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I'm wondering if it might be something in the OS. Try booting from a Live OS like Linux, and let it run for a few days starting from Friday and see if it still shuts down on Saturday. An Ultimate Boot CD or Hirens should also have the same effect.
    That above my pay grade but I do know a extremely smart Computer person that also scratched his head on this HP Notebook. Yes My Daughters Boyfriend. I will show him what you wrote. He is VERY good with Linux.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post

I doubt it's anything knowingly done by hp, more than likely a conflict with the battery charge controller.

Try:

Search for and open Device Manager.
    Click next to Batteries to expand the battery options.
    With the options expanded, right-click each ACPI option and in the menu, click Uninstall.
    Restart the computer.

Done that. After it re installs by itself it Shuts down on the next Saturday.

Thanks

Yes I agree because I have posted this on Whirlpool before posted here and all there was baffled on what could cause the issue.
    Again I can't see HP lowering themselves to do things like this and if so there should be others Around Australian with the same Issue. Where I bough the 17 inch Notebook from (ebay) that had 100's of them They were a HP 17 inch A8 or even a A10 AMD with a SSD Hard Drive. Very good notebook, Does everything what the Wife needs but I like how it boots up from cold in 5-8 seconds. All was going good until I change the Battery.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Have you tried resetting bios to defaults?

Thanks

Given you've told us on many occasions about how much you spend on very expensive audio/video equipment... only choosing the best components... why whinge about an additional $72 for a genuine battery that's guaranteed to work, and save you all time you're spending posting here about the problem that still exists?

I understand your point, but if using a genuine battery works and a non-genuine battery doesn't, the solution seems very clear to me.
    I was thinking about what you wrote last night and I was reminded what happened around 1973-1976 and this will show you what person I am.

Please read carfully

Now in the early 1970's when working for the Government we were payed once a fortnight via a PAY CART, Yes a Holden Station wagon with full of money.

Now when it rains those days EVERYONE DROPPED THERE tools and either walks around in circles or played CARDS

Now I hate Playing cards, I hate it but you always have a Smartar arse there and we will call him (Forgot his name) DICKHEAD.

DICKHEAD: Hey Mr 672a Sit down and play cards.

Mr 672A: said I Hate Playing Cards

DICKHEAD: said " You are scared to losing money"

Mr 672A: said NO! I really hate Playing CARDS

DICKHEAD: said You are scared that I will win all your money and you are nothing but a a tight arse.

Mr 672A: Now I rained for a full fortnight and the insults were getting deeper so after this I said RIGHT "O" I will play Cards only with you , NOBODY ELSE.

DICKHEAD: said I will play cards with you and version of cards and I will take all your money off You. (by the way he looked left and right to see his mates Grinning)

DICKHEAD: said what game do you want to play?

Mr 672A: said "CHICKEN"!

DICKHEAD: Don't know that game but I will still beat you Haaaaaaaa!!!!

Mr 672A: Lets go up the road to the Bank so we can withdraw money

DICKHEAD: why, don't you have a hundred bucks in you Wallet?

Mr 672A: NO but we need to withdraw at least $1500 (could have been $1200, $1300 Forgot the Amount but it was over $1000) to play the game of chicken

Mr 672A: He didn't have $1500 or the amount in his bank account and had to borrow some of it from his cheer leaders buddies

Mr 672A: RIGHT!! this how the game goes. You give a $1000 to one person that is neutral, I give that same guy my $1000 so he has $2000 and WHOEVER QUITS FIRST HE LOSES his $1000. You get that!!! I Don't like playing cards but I will do this to show you it not the Money its the principle that I dont like playing cards.

DICKHEAD: he was starting to get worried as this game "CHICKEN" Could be different from what he played before.

Mr 672A: RIGHT Anything goes with this game and remember who quits first loses his $1000 and also what on the Table.

DICKHEAD: Yeah understand, his buddies were worried.

Mr 672A: Right I went to my workshop and bought back a steel garbage bin so I said to DICKHEAD we will split the remaining of the money in $50 amount and we will put your $50 and my $50 in the bin.

DICKHEAD: put his $50 in the Bin

Mr 672A: Put his $50 in the Bin and SAID VERY CLEARLY. Who ever quits this game FIRST loses his money that a $1000 + the remainder of the Money left over on the table.

DICKHEAD: Yes understand

Mr 672A: Right so I got Cigarette lighter out and burnt $100 and after I burnt $200 he QUIT!! and try to get his money back.

Mr 672A: I said to him after I asked to gave his $1000 back. DON"T YOU EVER CALL ME A TIGHT ARSE because I'm not. I DONT LIKE PLAYING CARDS. Can you get this or something like this in your head.

I have never forgotten this. Both of us had to front the Office and as he was a laborer he was sacked because he continually rubbished me and was responsible to make me to do what I had to do to shut him up.

Now all of you probably know what person i am and will do just about anything to prove a point.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 20-02-19 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

Have you tried resetting bios to defaults?

No I will leave that to my daughters Boy Friend to do. more the lot of you write things down more he will be doing.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Now all of you probably know what person i am....
    Agree with you on that one... no doubt left whatsoever.

Thanks

Put the Genuine battery in on Friday and of course it was ok so when Saturday come up I run my wife Notebook and surprise it do not shut down. Today I will put the ebay new battery in and Next Friday I will change the date (manually) around 6 months after we bought the Notebook (around the Feb 2017) so lets see what happens

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Actually Mr672a It ain't too far over your pay grade. All you need do is go to The Page, download any of the versions (there are 6 listed 3 64bit and 3 32bit) The only difference between them all is the pretties on the desktop so it's not critical which at this stage. Once downloaded, all you should need do is double click on the ISO to burn it to a memory stick. From there all you need do is re-boot your computer from that stick and you are a goer. Cheap and easy test.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Actually Mr672a It ain't too far over your pay grade. All you need do is go to The Page, download any of the versions (there are 6 listed 3 64bit and 3 32bit) The only difference between them all is the pretties on the desktop so it's not critical which at this stage. Once downloaded, all you should need do is double click on the ISO to burn it to a memory stick. From there all you need do is re-boot your computer from that stick and you are a goer. Cheap and easy test.
    Hummm I will think about it after I do the Changing of the date thingey thing next Friday.
    So no doubt start the notebook on Saturday, go into bios and change the boot sequence to start on usb and thats it. Anyhow I will have to wait because this week and week end are busy for us. (The v8s are on)

Thanks

I set the notebook on friday 20/10/2017 to see if it shuts down on Saturday 21/10/2017 and it stayed on for a little but when I started CHROME Web Browser it shut down in one minute. When I have time I will try The Linux USB Trick

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

As you had a problem when using Chrome browser, I suggest reading the page at (Google Chrome Help Forum), and following the advice posted there.

(Reading all the information in this thread, I get the feeling that we have not been provided with a fully coherent account of the background to the problem).

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast